Options

Brisbane fund raiser before EV show

SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
edited March 2011 in The Porch
If anyone has organized one please PM me have a couple of freebies if needed to donate.
Steve
Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    And if there is something being organised- post the details here please!
    If I knew then, would I know now?

* Perth Entertainment Centre - Mar 06, 1995
    * Melbourne Park - Mar 02, 1998
    * Brisbane QSAC- Nov 25, 2009
    * EV Solo- QPAC- March 10, 12 and 13 2011

• Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    don't know about a brissie one, but the newy one being organised by Ozjammer has all the proceeds going to the premiers flood relief fund. so i don't know if you want to talk with him about donating you goods there?
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    redrawredraw Posts: 1,275
    If we don't have a fundraiser, we at least should have a beer!!! :D
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
    '03: Brisbane BEC Feb 8 '06: Brisbane BEC Nov 10 & 11 '09: Brisbane QSAC Nov 25
    '11: EV Solo Brisbane QPAC March 10, 12 & 13 '11: PJ20 Alpine Valley Sep 3 & 4
    '14: Gold Coast BDO Jan 19 EV Solo QPAC Feb 22, 23 & 25
  • Options
    Princess KJPrincess KJ Posts: 442
    edited February 2011
    The Fox anyone?

I'm sure we can pass the hat around and make a donation in the name of Ten Club Brisvegas Division!
    Post edited by Princess KJ on

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,700
    Donate to the Newcastle one which is what I'm doing as I'm going to both Brisbane 1 and Newcastle.

30 days until the Brisbane 1 show. :shock: :)
  • Options
    The Fox anyone?

Meeting for a drink somewhere before the show sounds good. We're staying at the Gold Coast and will drive up. Hopefully there is parking near the venue.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:
    Donate to the Newcastle one which is what I'm doing as I'm going to both Brisbane 1 and Newcastle.

28, actually! 30 until the second.

• Options
    E.K wrote:
    The Fox anyone?

Meeting for a drink somewhere before the show sounds good. We're staying at the Gold Coast and will drive up. Hopefully there is parking near the venue.

Just check before you come- I read an article this week saying there may be structrual damage to the parking due to the flooding.

• Options
    E.K wrote:
    The Fox anyone?

Just check before you come- I read an article this week saying there may be structrual damage to the parking due to the flooding.

Yeah I've subscribed to the QPAC Facebook page and apparently there is no parking there at the moment and they're directing people to other parking stations nearby. But EV is not for another month so hopefully it's all back to normal by then.
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

28, actually! 30 until the second.

haha.. you're right. I have a Facebook Countdown going and just checked it. :lol:
  • Options
    Bump for the Brisvegas crew.

• Options
    No CoderNo Coder Brisbane Posts: 1,126
    E.K wrote:
    The Fox anyone?

Just check before you come- I read an article this week saying there may be structrual damage to the parking due to the flooding.[/quote]

Yeah I've subscribed to the QPAC Facebook page and apparently there is no parking there at the moment and they're directing people to other parking stations nearby. But EV is not for another month so hopefully it's all back to normal by then.[/quote]

There is plenty of street parking around there anyway, just have to walk 500 m or so. Fox for drinks before every show sounds like a great idea, say 11am kick off time for 1st beer :lol:
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me

*BEC, Brisbane, March 1995
    *BEC, Brisbane, March 1998
    *BEC, Brisbane, November 2006
    *QSAC, Brisbane November 2009
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane March 10 and 12 2011
    *Big Day Out, Gold Coast, 19 Jan 2014
    *EV Solo, QPAC, Brisbane, 22,23 & 25 Feb 2014
  • Options
    I like the way you think No Coder! Let's get loud and obnoxious! Oops, obviously I meant sociable and endearing... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

• Options
    I like the way you think No Coder! Let's get loud and obnoxious! Oops, obviously I meant sociable and endearing... :twisted: :lol: :twisted: :lol:

I made sure I'm off work on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday...unfortunately the funds wouldn't stretch to the 3rd show, but I am still pumped to be going to 2. Really looking forward to the smaller venue and getting to meet fellow fans for a few bevvies before and after the shows. I have built this up in my head to be the greatest concert experience, and I know EV will be great, I just need to calm down a bit.

Got my free EV shirt the other day from URthekey (awesome gesture), so will be wearing that proudly on night 1 and have purchased another Vedder shirt for night 2.

Bring it on!!!

• Options
    No Coder wrote:

I made sure I'm off work on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday...unfortunately the funds wouldn't stretch to the 3rd show, but I am still pumped to be going to 2. Really looking forward to the smaller venue and getting to meet fellow fans for a few bevvies before and after the shows. I have built this up in my head to be the greatest concert experience, and I know EV will be great, I just need to calm down a bit.

Got my free EV shirt the other day from URthekey (awesome gesture), so will be wearing that proudly on night 1 and have purchased another Vedder shirt for night 2.

Bring it on!!!

I'm at the Thus and Sat shows, but couldn't get tix to Sun. So excited. Hopefully we'll have a good pre- and post- show crowd turn up for drinkies. There's a lot of people I'd like to meet!

• Options
    The Fox ROX!!!
    I'm keen 2 meet up b4 the Thurs & Sat shows.
    '95: Brisbane BEC March 21 & 22 '98: Brisbane BEC March 14 & 15 '03: Brad Surfers Paradise Troccadero Jan 11
  • Options
    redraw wrote:
    The Fox ROX!!!
    I'm keen 2 meet up b4 the Thurs & Sat shows.

Excellent! The more the merrier! Am getting so excited!

Come on Brissie!

• Options
    E.K wrote:
    The Fox anyone?

Hey dude, where are u staying on the Coast??
    I'm heading up on the Thursday with 1 other m8 - maybe we should share a ride.....???
  • Options
    solace23solace23 Posts: 704
    I'm keen for a drink before!!! Qpac has banned all cameras....
  • Options
    So what is this Fox place you speak of and where is it?
  • Options
    threefish10threefish10 Posts: 7,392
    It's a pub a few blocks from the venue, never been there, and probably wouldn't go there, but I don't tend to get out much anyway.
    condescending and sarcastic since 1980
  • Options
    E.K wrote:

It's the best of a bad bunch around there really, but it's two mins stumble from the venue. Either that or the venue wine bar where all the old ladies go for their post-ballet tea and scones!

• Options
    E.K wrote:

It's the best of a bad bunch around there really, but it's two mins stumble from the venue. Either that or the venue wine bar where all the old ladies go for their post-ballet tea and scones!

You're right, it's the best of a bad bunch, but it is the closest other than the venue's. It's all about the company anyway, so if it has plenty of EV fans it will be a great place. I think I'll go for a pre drink or 2 on the Thurs and Sat as well as an after drink.

• Options
    [

You're right, it's the best of a bad bunch, but it is the closest other than the venue's. It's all about the company anyway, so if it has plenty of EV fans it will be a great place. I think I'll go for a pre drink or 2 on the Thurs and Sat as well as an after drink.[/quote]

Definitely have to have an after drink!

• Options
    Getting close now!!! The wait is killing me. I have Soundwave next Saturday to occupy a bit of time at least (Bring on The Gaslight Anthem!). But that pales in comparison to the EV tour.

• Options