Options

I'm getting a little nervous about Mansfield II

corduroidcorduroid Posts: 293
edited June 2008 in The Porch
Not sure why ~

Maybe it's the NYC thing the night after ... maybe it's the layover leading to a Monday night. Maybe I'm just afraid they'll have shot their wad by then(?)

I know it's unlikely that this will be a letdown, but whatever it is - I'm starting to wish I had better seats for Saturday.

Can anybody relate?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    I wouldn't worry too much if I were you. This is going to be the last show on the tour, and we all know how much Pearl Jam is gonna kick some serious ass. I would be more worried if I was going to the Hartford show.
    Mansfield I & II 1998
    Mansfield I & II 2000
    Montreal 2000
    Mansfield I, II & III (The Experiment) 2003
    Boston I & II 2004
    Montreal 2005
    Hartford 2006
    Boston I & II 2006
    Mansfield I 2008
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I know how you feel. From the minute they announced the tour and I saw they were closing in Mansfield, I started imagining a truly epic show. Then I was scared that they would add another leg, so it wouldn't be a true closer. Then they did add Beacon, and at first I was cool with it until I realized that June only has 30 days (not 31, fuck!) so July 1 is the day after Mansfield II. Then I saw the Bonnaroo setlist and figured, well, that was obviously the "epic" show for this tour, which makes sense because it's the whole reason they even toured this summer.

Then I saw the Columbia setlist and realized, if a show in the friggin' South gets a setlist like that...then I can only imagine what's in store for us in Mansfield.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    i think both mondays show will be longer than saturdays, i think they will play a shorter set on saturday maybe 24-26 songs, obeying the curfew, then monday they will break curfew with 28-30. just sucks they have to be off the stage by 11pm. they should start both shows earlier.
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    MON AT MANS IS GOING TO BE SIK--SIK I TELL YOU--THIS SHOW IS GOING TO BE MONUMENTAL--VERY EMOTIONALLY CHARGED--one not to miss!
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

http://www.myspace.com/vedderology

I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain...Release me...
    Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    MattyJoeMattyJoe Posts: 1,424
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Then I saw the Bonnaroo setlist and figured, well, that was obviously the "epic" show for this tour, which makes sense because it's the whole reason they even toured this summer..

We haven't gotten to MSG yet, my friend. THOSE are gonna be the epic shows.
    I pledge to you a government that will not only work well, but wisely, its ability to act tempered by prudence, and its willingness to do good, balanced by the knowledge that government is never more dangerous than when our desire to have it help us blinds us to its great power to harm us.
    -Reagan
  • Options
    scpjfanscpjfan Posts: 131
    MattyJoe wrote:
    We haven't gotten to MSG yet, my friend. THOSE are gonna be the epic shows.

Can you even imagine if one of these MSG shows was like Toronto 2005? There would be a fucking riot on this board.
    Hail, hail the lucky ones, I refer to those in love.
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    corduroid wrote:
    Not sure why ~

Maybe it's the NYC thing the night after ... maybe it's the layover leading to a Monday night. Maybe I'm just afraid they'll have shot their wad by then(?)

I know it's unlikely that this will be a letdown, but whatever it is - I'm starting to wish I had better seats for Saturday.

Can anybody relate?

I can related to wishing I had better seats for Saturday, I didn't know I would be doing Mansfield when they went on sale so I didnt go for 10C and I have TM section 8 row G... which is not that great at all.... but other that I'm really happy I'm going :)
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    Then I saw the Bonnaroo setlist and figured, well, that was obviously the "epic" show for this tour, which makes sense because it's the whole reason they even toured this summer.

I don't think we've seen the best of it.... MSG will be the shit ***wish I was there**** I just hope we get All Night in Mansfield because we didn't get it in Camden for the second night and I'm not going to the second night in Mansfield.
  • Options
    whoYOUarewhoYOUare Posts: 274
    corduroid wrote:
    Not sure why ~

Can anybody relate?
    nope...

that will be the last show on this tour (leg?) so they will certainly bring it all and leave it out there for us. plus they love Boston (area) so I expect nothing short of amazing. each of the last four times I have seen them here the second nite has always been the better nite.

do not fret, you'll have the time of your life
    peace
  • Options
    I_Got_ShitI_Got_Shit Posts: 325
    I can related to wishing I had better seats for Saturday, I didn't know I would be doing Mansfield when they went on sale so I didnt go for 10C and I have TM section 8 row G... which is not that great at all.... but other that I'm really happy I'm going :)

That's not a bad seat, although I'm sure you're used to Ten Club tickets. Look at it this way, I didn't get 10C tickets for Saturday either, and now I'm killing myself to find a seat as good as yours (and I'm willing to pay double the face value). In the end, the important thing will just be that you were there -- and hopefully, I will be too.
    *Does not include encore of Garden and Leash.
  • Options
    I_Got_Shit wrote:
    That's not a bad seat, although I'm sure you're used to Ten Club tickets. Look at it this way, I didn't get 10C tickets for Saturday either, and now I'm killing myself to find a seat as good as yours (and I'm willing to pay double the face value). In the end, the important thing will just be that you were there -- and hopefully, I will be too.

That's true.... I hope you get decent seats before Saturday :)
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    If you're scared get a dog...

;)
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    If you're scared get a dog...

;)
    LOL ... I know these next 5 nights are going to be EPIC ... just a queasy feeling about Monday.

:)
  • Options
    ... and I'm not going to the second night in Mansfield.

See, now if a diehard fan like you passes it up, there is something odd about this night :D
  • Options
    put the seatbelt on for MANSII, its going to be one hell of a ride!
    PROPERTY OF EDDIE VEDDER

http://www.myspace.com/vedderology

I'll ride the wave where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain...Release me...
    Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    No show of Pearl Jam is not good so don't worry. Some are better than others, but I've seen 28 shows now and I've never seen a bad one! Even an 'average' show is going to be good if you know what I mean. Their standard is very high. If you don't know what I mean, go see some other bands now and again.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Options
    corduroid wrote:
    See, now if a diehard fan like you passes it up, there is something odd about this night :D

OH MAN!!!! im kicking myself in the back for not going because I know that the tour closer will be an AWESOME NIGHT! specially because they have a free night on Sunday and they'll be nice and rested...

I just couldn't get away with one more vacation day which actually would have been 2 the show day and then the next day flying back to Miami ... and my mom would've killed me too, she kept my 3 boys for WPB, TPA, Camden and now for Mansfield... and she babysat for EV in Vancouver so this year I'm pushing it with my mom - LOL

I know Monday night will be great, don't worry ;) besides... Pearl Jam always puts on great shows! :)