Suggestions for a relaxing, quiet, beautiful vacation...

vomikus39vomikus39 Posts: 250
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I am eager to get away from NYC for 2 weeks. Just to relax and be quiet. No touristy stuff, no walking tours, just me and the sunset....any suggestions??

Thx, love ya guys
Who the f*ck goes around skinning cats~~Ed

It all comes down to changing your head~~John Lennon

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• vomikus39 wrote:
    I am eager to get away from NYC for 2 weeks. Just to relax and be quiet. So touristy stuff, no walking tours, just me and the sunset....any suggestions??

Thx, love ya guys
    Jersey!!!
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • manutd3581 wrote:
    vomikus39 wrote:
    I am eager to get away from NYC for 2 weeks. Just to relax and be quiet. So touristy stuff, no walking tours, just me and the sunset....any suggestions??

Thx, love ya guys
    Jersey!!!

HAHAHA, a little further than that....lol

Jersey sucks anyway

MSG 6-24-08/MSG 5-21-10/Philly MIA 9-2-12/Chicago Wrigley Field 7-19-13/Brooklyn NY 1&2 10-2013/Philly 1&2 10-2013
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    edited February 2011
    Post edited by Jeanwah on
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I found that Hawaii was pretty good. There is plenty of touristy stuff, but you can get away from it.

Why not Thailand? Ever read The Beach? :shock: Just be careful as to what private beach you set up camp on. ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Maui
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    I found that Hawaii was pretty good. There is plenty of touristy stuff, but you can get away from it.

Why not Thailand? Ever read The Beach? :shock: Just be careful as to what private beach you set up camp on. ;)

Thx for the suggestion, I have thought if Thailand....

Dangerous there?

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Alaska...drive from anchorage up to the artic circle

Not a lot of poeple, but not many sunsets in the summer
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Aruba...weather is always perfect from what I hear
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • The Carribean....Amazing, you could lay all day and night on the beach. So lazy and relaxed.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    Wananavu, Fiji. No T.V., Not alot of tourists and you can kayak to other little uninhabited islands, really pretty. :D We took a six pack of beer and drank it on some little island beach in the middle of nowhere. Such bogans! :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    east troy, wisconsin sometime in the end of august
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Malaysia. Awesome and fantastic at this time of year.

Thailand would be good too.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    Tulum, Mexico. Quiet, safe, no touristy crap, no big hotels just cabanas right on the beach. Easy to get to from New York I stayed here in December http://www.luvtulum.com/english.html
    Think they're doin 1/2 off their listed prices, they were in Dec
    And you may get to see one of these: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aICoL73m60Y
  • Zihuatanejo, Mexico... Little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life. A warm place with no memory. Open a little hotel right on the beach. Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up like new. Take my guests out charter fishing.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Zihuatanejo, Mexico... Little place right on the Pacific. You know what the Mexicans say about the Pacific? They say it has no memory. That's where I'd like to finish out my life. A warm place with no memory. Open a little hotel right on the beach. Buy some worthless old boat and fix it up like new. Take my guests out charter fishing.

thanks andy...how's red?
  • St. John, US Virgin Islands...
    Most beautiful beach I have ever been to...
    And 2/3 of it is National Park.
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • GC31608GC31608 Posts: 229
    I spent 5 days here snorkeling, drinking scotch and other leisure activities ;) . Highly recommended, it was awesome.

http://www.puntacaracol.com/
  • St.Thomas USVI (sugerbay resort)
    people speak english,they use US Currency and koki beach was the most beautiful beach i've ever been on ...the view was unreal.
  • St. John, US Virgin Islands...
    Most beautiful beach I have ever been to...
    And 2/3 of it is National Park.

i took the ferry over to St.John from St.Thomas .... i can vouch for ya. St.John has some beautiful beaches...