Children at work

LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Why do people parade their children around the office?

I get it. They are two weeks older than the last time I saw them. Now get your spawn out of my face!

I don't like you, what makes you think I'm going to like your little clone? I'm done saying hi.

:twisted:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    :lol::lol::lol:
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    you sound like my inner self...the one that cannot rear it's ugly head because ALL children *LOVE* me...I don't know why, they are attracted to me like a freaking earth magnet.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • :mrgreen: agreed... and why oh WHY would you want to come into the office on your day off anyway? :shock:
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Why do people parade their children around the office?

I get it. They are two weeks older than the last time I saw them. Now get your spawn out of my face!

I don't like you, what makes you think I'm going to like your little clone? I'm done saying hi.

:twisted:

I think I have a new best friend. :D
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    :mrgreen: agreed... and why oh WHY would you want to come into the office on your day off anyway? :shock:
    They are usually working. I'm not sure who drops the kid off.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i avoid them when they come in or shut my door and pretend i'm busy. :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • You never liked going with your mom/dad to the office?

Special treat... Take my kids once a year. but usually coordinate with others to be really annoying :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    ah the pluses of being self employed
    81 wrote:
    What, you try to avoid the awkward, goo goo, ga ga, conversations too? :lol:
    I love kids.. just not the kids of coworkers. :lol:
    Take my kids once a year. but usually coordinate with others to be really annoying :lol:

isn't that called the take your kids to work day. we have that here. i close my door that day.

i was thinking more along the lines of every time there is a kid born, without fail, the baby shows up at the office within a couple of months.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Now the children employed in my acid mine are a whole different story. They are very well behaved...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    81 wrote:
    What, you try to avoid the awkward, goo goo, ga ga, conversations too? :lol:

people know better than to bring their kids by my office. :D
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • :mrgreen: agreed... and why oh WHY would you want to come into the office on your day off anyway? :shock:
    They are usually working. I'm not sure who drops the kid off.
    :shock: :mrgreen: ours usually come in on their day off... or they come in to do a few things and let the kid run around the office annoying everyone :? it's just daft but if I had kids I'd do it too I spose... bring the kid in and dump it on everyone!
    The Astoria??? Orgazmic!
    Verona??? it's all surmountable
    Dublin 23.08.06 "The beauty of Ireland, right there!"
    Wembley? We all believe!
    Copenhagen?? your light made us stars
    Chicago 07? And love
    What a different life
    Had I not found this love with you
    81 wrote:
    Take my kids once a year. but usually coordinate with others to be really annoying :lol:

isn't that called the take your kids to work day. we have that here. i close my door that day.

i was thinking more along the lines of every time there is a kid born, without fail, the baby shows up at the office within a couple of months.
    And then every two weeks until they are old enough to refuse to go into the office, or aren't considered "cute" anymore.
  • 4and20 wrote:
    you sound like my inner self...the one that cannot rear it's ugly head because ALL children *LOVE* me...I don't know why, they are attracted to me like a freaking earth magnet.
    Because children are like cats...my cats always go up to the person who likes them the least...because cats, like children are sadistic creatures :evil:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
    4and20 wrote:
    Because children are like cats...my cats always go up to the person who likes them the least...because cats, like children are sadistic creatures :evil:

tis true...cats and kids love me...if they only knew how far i want to kick them ;) :P
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    If my co-workers brought their children to my job I have a feeling those kids would be damaged for life. :lol:
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • norm wrote:
    4and20 wrote:

tis true...cats and kids love me...if they only knew how far i want to kick them ;) :P
    :shock:
    "I'm sorry Logan, you can't go to anymore PJ concerts if Uncle Normie is there"
    GoiMTvP.gif
    :shock:
    "I'm sorry Logan, you can't go to anymore PJ concerts if Uncle Normie is there"

:lol::lol:

those kids were lucky to get out of la alive :P :mrgreen:
  • children are sadistic creatures :evil:

scratching cbg off the list as a babysitter...

:?
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I'm just glad I work in an environment where outsiders are forbidden unless permitted by the GM of the site.

For once, yay for regulations.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I only like my own child, other people's kids normally give me the shits with the exception of a small few. My old boss used to bring her kids to work, they always had snotty noses and were always sick and she used to say, "Aren't they so cute?" and I would be like "Yeah, they're are adorable....." :? :? :lol:
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • RW81233RW81233 Posts: 2,393
    I have been asked to bring my soon to be son into work after he is born but i don't want to. However, he will be coming in during the final exam for my students, bc my wife has to go back to work. Luckily it's just a discussion about what they wrote for their last take home exam.
  • children are sadistic creatures :evil:

:lol: It's ok...children and cats love me...although I'm more comfortable catsitting :lol:

• RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    children are sadistic creatures :evil:

:lol: It's ok...children and cats love me...although I'm more comfortable catsitting :lol:

I prefer catsitting as well.....really, I can handle children...well behaved children....OTHER peoples' WELL behaved children...in very very VERY small doses....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • 4and20 wrote:

I prefer catsitting as well.....really, I can handle children...well behaved children....OTHER peoples' WELL behaved children...in very very VERY small doses....
    me too...but very small doses...and I don't like being pawned off as an impromptu babysitter at a dinner party..."go play with CBG - she'll entertain you." Next time it's off to eyed's acid mine with them! :twisted:

• The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    i applaud this thread.
    www.myspace.com
  • RYEzupSF wrote:
    If my co-workers brought their children to my job I have a feeling those kids would be damaged for life. :lol:
    but they would learn some hot dance moves! smiley.gif