Options

The ultimate recorded PJ concert

MiddenMidden Posts: 16
edited August 2008 in The Porch
I'm not sure if this has been done before but with all the PJ studio and concert cd's and dvd's etc., it should be possible to assemble the ultimate song list (in order) with the best versions of each song (a mix and match from any live or studio version of any song). The only rules I would ask for is you should have that recorded version (totally honour here) and the entire show probably shouldn't exceed 3-4 hours (yes, building this could take a long time). Re-arranging, etc., perfectly allowable but I would do this like is being done with the PJ survivor string (i.e., show your work). Since I am kind of a rookie here, I will only start with a couple of tunes and you can fill in and rearrange as you go.

"Love Boat Captain" Nashville 04 18 03
"Faithful" Live at the Garden dvd
"Black" Benaroya 10 22 03
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    DocChicagoDocChicago Posts: 653
    I think this has been done before. Isn't the Green Habit compilation basically an attempt at such a project? Someone who has a copy may know.
    It is time to admit that we used to rock like hurricanes. It is time to run for the hills and go round and round. It is time for us to shout at the devil. We've got the right to choose it, there ain't no way we'll lose it, and we're not gonna take it anymore.
    - C. Klosterman
  • Options
    You can find the best versions of covers here:

http://www.gremmie.net/bsides/signaturelive/
    member number: 198,xxx
  • Options
    DocChicago wrote:
    I think this has been done before. Isn't the Green Habit compilation basically an attempt at such a project? Someone who has a copy may know.
    yeah its a best version of every song.

is there a disc 11 anyone???
    I will be what i could be
    Once I get out of this town

9/29/04;6/27/08;6/30/08;8/23/09;08/24/09;5/17/10
  • Options
    thunderDANthunderDAN Posts: 2,094
    The best version of Black is not Benaroya- it's Milan 2006

Best version of Alive is London Ontario 2005 (Milan 06 close 2nd)
    Best version of Wishlist is also London 2005 (Ed plays it out without improving)
    Best version of Why Go is Honolulu 2006
    Best version of Sonic Reducer is Cleveland 2003
    Best version of Immortality is Cleveland 2006 or Hartford 2008