Most Movies seen in one day?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited July 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Whats your record for most movies you've seen in a 24 hour period? In terms of actually going to the theater, I have gone to 3 movies in a day several times now, did it just yesterday in fact. its an odd thing to do, for one, you go to the box office 3 seperate times, the clerks must think i am insane, or maybe they know im a movie buff...

anyways, its also odd for the fact that its like working a shift at work. Most times, at least at the movie theater I go to, its not like you can see movie A, then immediately after that movie B starts, then after movie B ends, movie c starts. Theres a lag time, of maybe an hour or so. So sometimes I can be at the theater from like 11 am until about 8 or 9pm, which as I said, is almost a work shift type thing!

Anyways, so any movie fanatics out there. Last night i saw the illusionist, get low, and another year. All great films
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    Does 3 at a drive-in count?
  • AusticmanAusticman Posts: 1,323
    I've been to many Dusk till dawn screenings at the drive-ins.We'd get 4 movies. It usually is on halloween and it would be all horror movies.
    I can't go the library anymore, everyone STINKS!!
  • EdLawEdLaw Posts: 194
    Only ever watched one at the cinema in a day. A few years ago, though, I attempted to watch every Bond film (20 in total at the time) in a row. I got through the first 11 within 24 hours, so that'd be my record...
    And I planted my bolo knife in the neck of mad John Finn. I took his wretched life.
    Now I'm over near the bandstand, every hand moving on John Finn's wife...
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    3 in the cinema ... four at home
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • I'll watch all 3 lord of the rings back 2 back. That's like 8 or 9 hours
    I'll be back
  • although the bond 20 in a row and the lord of the rings is impressive i'd argue thats a different beast, as you can pause the movie when you want, and you are arguably more relaxed. When you see movies in the theater its their rules, they set the times, they cant pause the movies, and of course you have to pay for each movie.
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    Austicman wrote:
    I've been to many Dusk till dawn screenings at the drive-ins.We'd get 4 movies. It usually is on halloween and it would be all horror movies.

One of my friends does this also, Exhumed, in the philly/jersey area.

Me personally i think the most i've seen is 3?
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • YefaYefa Posts: 1,133
    I've seen 4 feature films in the cinema on two different occasions. Both were at festivals of Asian films held in NYC. The first one was for the director Tsui Hark. I think I saw 2 in a row then skipped one then saw 2 more. The second time was for a festival of Korean films. I saw 4 films in a row with relatively short breaks between each film.

The organization that puts on these festivals is called Subway Cinema. Check them out at the link below.

http://www.subwaycinema.com
    You see me empty, Sir, do not pause and inquire, simply assume and refill.
    - Al Swearengen

http://www.cantstoptheserenity.com
  • eMMIeMMI Posts: 6,262
    Three. On the day the final LOTR premiered, our local cinema showed the first two films too, all back to back with about half an hour between films. It was pretty cool. :D

As a sidenote, we were home around 2-3 AM or something, on a weeknight, and I was the only one of my friends who made it to school the next day. 8-)
    "Don't be faint-hearted, I have a solution! We shall go and commandeer some small craft, then drift at leisure until we happen upon another ideal place for our waterside supper with riparian entertainments."
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    I went to a special viewing of Lord of the Rings that showed all three movies in the theatre.

So its only 3 but they are so long it kind of counts as four right :)?

Otherwise two is usually my limit and i dont do that often.
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • In the theater?

Well back in the day... you could stay in the theater for the next screening (if it wasn't very hot anymore)... You have to remember there were not multi-screen theaters until late 70's/early 80's and there was no movie rentals... so a popular movie could be in theaters for a while ie star wars was in one theater for over a year... so on a weekday a friend of mine stayed for EVERY screening of Star Wars

9x :lol:

Yes I am a dork... :ugeek:

Now for different movies... 3X... My wife and I pull at least a double feature quaterly...
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 41,793
    I know a few people that are doing the Dark Knight trilogy tonight. That ain't nothing though.

How about this. Harry Potter marathon! 8 films, 2 days, 1 theater.

Sat, Aug 4, 10:00 am
    Sun, Aug 5, 1:45 pm

Eight films. Two days. One boy wizard. Join us for our annual summer marathon – this year it’s all eight Harry Potter films spread out over two days. On Day 1 (Sat, Aug 4) we’ll show the first five films, and on Day 2 (Sun, Aug 5) we’ll show films 6-8. Costumes are strongly encouraged! Six of the films will be shown on blu-ray with two on 35 mm film.
    Tickets
    Adults: $20
    Seniors (62+): $15
    Students: $15
    Children: $10
    Members: $10
    Ticket prices do not include the $1.00 per ticket Service Fee. These fees will be calculated at check out.
    Schedule
    SATURDAY
    10:00 – Sorcerer’s Stone
    15 min break
    12:45 – Chamber of Secrets
    75 min break
    4:40 – Prisoner of Azkaban
    10 min break
    7:10 – Goblet of Fire
    15 min break
    10:00 – Order of the Phoenix
    12:15 – End
    SUNDAY
    1:45 – Half Blood Prince
    10 min break
    4:30 – Deathly Hallows Part 1
    60 min break
    8:00 – Deathly Hallows Part 2
    10:10 – End

http://thecolonialtheatre.com/2012/even ... -marathon/

my friend made this "preview" for it :)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyvAAXPH2Ko
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    I did a LOTR marathon for the premiere of Return of the King, they were all the extended editions in the theater. Got there like at 8am, got home at 11pm. It was AWESOME