Ladies...!

Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay. That got your attention.

Looking to buy some perfumes for the ladies in my life. My wife and my 15 year old daughter.

My daughter likes Beyonces' Heat. Is her newest offering "Heat Rush" different enough? Also wondering about Rihanas' "Rebl Fleur"

Any help before Valentines is appreciated.
"...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jojojojo Posts: 645
    personally

i love euphoria by ck
    it's more spicy then floral if that helps at all...
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • I dunno shit about perfumes but, my advice would be to make them super expensive. Girls love expensive shit.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • Light Blue by Dolce & Gabbana, for your wife.
    Be Delicious by DKNY, for your daughter.
    Both are really great.
  • samjamsamjam Posts: 9,283
    edited February 2011
    Princess by Vera Wang for your daughter, maybe? I'm 18 and that's one I really like. The DKNY one that comes in a green apple (forget what it's called) is also a good choice!
    Post edited by samjam on
    "Sometimes you find yourself having to put all your faith in no faith."
    ~not a dude~
    2010: MSGx2
    2012: Made In America
    2013: Pittsburgh, Brooklynx2, Hartford, Baltimore
    2014: Leeds, Milton Keynes, Detroit
    2015: Global Citizen Festival
    2016: Phillyx2, MSGx2, Fenwayx2
    2018: Barcelona, Wrigleyx2
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    I love the smell of Black XS by Paco Rabanne. Haven't actually got it (very limited in my perfume collection, I don't think it even counts as one), but I have bought it as gifts for people I really like.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Gaultier Classique for the wife, Daisy or Lola by Mark Jacobs for the daughter.

Actually, it's very difficult to advise on perfumes - depends on so many things..... And whilst some perfumes are fantastic, when worn by some they smell cheap. For example, I love Chanel but on me it smells like cheap perfume you get at the market. Though I would avoid 'celebrity' perfumes... but that's just me :? Get the daughter used to 'proper' stuff from the start! :mrgreen:
    Oh yes! The wifey suggestion that redrock gave is a good one, actually own that one and wear it in the evenings.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    edited February 2011
    Claireack wrote:
    Oh yes! The wifey suggestion that redrock gave is a good one, actually own that one and wear it in the evenings.

And the bottles are fantastic - can get limited edition ones as well (thought that might please a PJ fan!). Mark Jacobs bottles are beautiful too.... Look good and smell good :mrgreen:
    Post edited by redrock on
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Make sure its something you like too.. Remember, you are the one that has to smell her all the time :D
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • Paco Rabanne - ultraviolet (for the wife)
    DKNY - Green Apple (for daughter)
    "...Dimitri...He talks to me...'.."The Ghost of Greece..".
    "..That's One Happy Fuckin Ghost.."
    “..That came up on the Pillow Case...This is for the Greek, With Our Apologies.....”
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    edited February 2011
    get a 2litre bottle of water and put some rose petals in it...

my sisters did that back in the 80s, and we lived next door to Coco Chanel.
    Post edited by dunkman on
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Opium
    is an Oriental-spicy perfume created for fashion brand Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) by perfumer Jean Amic and Jean-Louis Sieuzac of Roure, first marketed in 1977.
    Its top notes are a mixture of fruit and spices, with mandarin orange,plum, clove, coriander and pepper, as well as bay leaf.
    Its floral middle notes consist predominantly jasmine, rose and Lily of the Valley, in addition to carnation, cinnamon, peach and orris root.
    It is underlined by the sweet woody base note containing sandalwood, cedarwood, myrrh, opopanax, labdanum, benzoin and castoreum, in addition to amber, incense, musk, patchouli, tolu and vetiver.
    :D
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    Rancid Polecat No5.

It stinks to high heaven but keeps other men away.
  • This may sound boring, but buy your wife and daughter the perfumes they already have/want. They know what they like and they know what smells good on them.

I just went through this a Xmas with some perfume the hubby bought for me. His choice was similar to the one I usually wear; however, because I am very sensitive to certain ingredients, what he bought caused me severe headaches and induced an asthma attack. To boot, he threw out the receipt. Thankfully, after going through two managers at the store I was finally able to return it in exchange for a store credit.

To sum up, stick with what they like or make sure that they can return the item, that means keep the receipt ;) :ugeek:

Good luck with whatever you decide :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • nuffingman wrote:
    Rancid Polecat No5.

It stinks to high heaven but keeps other men away.

:lol::lol::lol:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • pandora wrote:
    Opium
    is an Oriental-spicy perfume created for fashion brand Yves Saint Laurent (YSL) by perfumer Jean Amic and Jean-Louis Sieuzac of Roure, first marketed in 1977.
    Its top notes are a mixture of fruit and spices, with mandarin orange,plum, clove, coriander and pepper, as well as bay leaf.
    Its floral middle notes consist predominantly jasmine, rose and Lily of the Valley, in addition to carnation, cinnamon, peach and orris root.
    It is underlined by the sweet woody base note containing sandalwood, cedarwood, myrrh, opopanax, labdanum, benzoin and castoreum, in addition to amber, incense, musk, patchouli, tolu and vetiver.
    My wife had to stop wearing this because it made me :sick::lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    pandora wrote:
    Opium
    My wife can't wear any perfume because it makes her :sick:. Runny eyes, sneezing the lot.
    pandora wrote:
    Opium
    JB says it smells like his lover ....
    it is very spicy ;)

florals make me sick so I know what you mean though ...
    I can't even try testers cause it gives me a whopping headache

I just stick with what I've worn for 30 years :lol:
    nuffingman wrote:
    pandora wrote:
    Opium
    My wife can't wear any perfume because it makes her :sick:. Runny eyes, sneezing the lot.
    Maybe the perfume lotions, small amount might work, they are less irritating. Lighter.
  • PearlOfAGirlPearlOfAGirl Posts: 15,993
    If you want something that's not too strong and has a soft scent to it, get a Vanilla scented perfume... ;)

Wish you were here...

~RIP Dad
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    If you want something that's not too strong and has a soft scent to it, get a Vanilla scented perfume... ;)

...Or this perfume called Aquolina (Pink Sugar) it's light and smells something like cotton candy. It's nice.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    g under p wrote:

...Or this perfume called Aquolina (Pink Sugar) it's light and smells something like cotton candy. It's nice.

Peace

For those magical moments when you want your lady smelling like a carnival... The corn dog fragrance is nice as well.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    eyedclaar wrote:
    g under p wrote:

Peace

For those magical moments when you want your lady smelling like a carnival... The corn dog fragrance is nice as well.
    sugar, food coloring, grease, wieners, and fried sticks all in easy to handle applicators.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
    I know this is probably the wrong place to say it, but I really don't like it when men stink of aftershave or other smelly stuff.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    Claireack wrote:
    I know this is probably the wrong place to say it, but I really don't like it when men stink of aftershave or other smelly stuff.

what other smelly stuff? cheese, cow dung, guilt? ;)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    Claireack wrote:

what other smelly stuff? cheese, cow dung, guilt? ;)

:lol:

You know men's smellies - too much deoderant, don't they do male moisturising products too now. I even saw a face pack especially for men in the supermaket the other day.

Think cheese is ok, get to smell that kind of smell a lot in my job, cow dung - yep get that a lot too. Guilt? Mmmm, doesn't that usually smell like a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolate, don't mind that at all!
    Paul-Sebastian.jpg
    this is very nummy on your man 8-)
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    Claireack wrote:
    You know men's smellies - too much deoderant, don't they do male moisturising products too now. I even saw a face pack especially for men in the supermaket the other day.

Think cheese is ok, get to smell that kind of smell a lot in my job, cow dung - yep get that a lot too. Guilt? Mmmm, doesn't that usually smell like a bunch of flowers and a box of chocolate, don't mind that at all!

You are right, real men don't wear any of that nonsense. I blame the metrosexual de-evolution.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
    pandora wrote:
    Paul-Sebastian.jpg
    this is very nummy on your man 8-)

Not too overpowering?

Eyed - I could imagine you slapping on a bit of a mud mask at natural hot spa though. It would be considered butch outside in the wild?
  • coolwater for women is the all time best chick perfume
    We were but stones your light made us stars