Anyone been to or live in Austin?

Staggering GeniusStaggering Genius Posts: 169
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I am moving there this weekend and am completely new to the area.

Anyone know of good areas or places I should check out? Things to do?

I've heard it's a pretty cool place, I just don't know it yet.

Thanks!
Well, fuckers, he still stands.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Go down to 6th street...everything you want can be found there. Awesome live music all over the place, all the time. Get used to traffic that SUCKS, but living in the ATX is worth it!!!
  • mfc2006mfc2006 Posts: 37,412
    Austin is great!! What are you looking for? Clubs? Restaurants? I agree with the earlier post...head to 6th street. Also, learn the backstreets so you can avoid I-35. Shoot me a pm if you want more info & welcome to the area!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Spent time there in the mid 90's. Still my favorite city. I'd love to make it back.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    the women are evil...(personal bias)

6th st is amazing. every bar is a good show
  • PJ-Physics wrote:
    Go down to 6th street...everything you want can be found there. Awesome live music all over the place, all the time. Get used to traffic that SUCKS, but living in the ATX is worth it!!!

Thanks very much for the recommendation. Live music sounds fantastic. Good to know! I'm really excited now. :D
  • mfc2006 wrote:
    Austin is great!! What are you looking for? Clubs? Restaurants? I agree with the earlier post...head to 6th street. Also, learn the backstreets so you can avoid I-35. Shoot me a pm if you want more info & welcome to the area!

Thanks for the welcome! I'm looking for pretty much anything. I've heard so many great things about the city and I really want to make sure that I really live and experience it while I am there. Restaurants would be great, or live music venues, or pretty much anything. I guess SXSW will be soon so that should be great. I just may pm you, thanks for the offer!

Oh, and thanks for the I-35 heads up. Apparently traffic is pretty awful...
  • Spent time there in the mid 90's. Still my favorite city. I'd love to make it back.

That certainly is assuring. I'm really eager now!
  • megatron wrote:
    the women are evil...(personal bias)

6th st is amazing. every bar is a good show
    :lol:
  • jojojojo Posts: 645
    went out to ACL few years back soooooooooooo loved it out there

have fun....
    Ralph: Me fail English? That's unpossible.
  • jojo wrote:
    went out to ACL few years back soooooooooooo loved it out there

have fun....

• Anything cool going on this weekend? I just got into town...
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14