Options

New guy needs PJ advice

kidrock9904kidrock9904 Posts: 17
edited July 2008 in The Porch
Im new to the scene. Saw first two shows in Camden. Always a fan just not like you guys. My question is should I pay the 150 for a Vedder ticket (NY or NJ) or wait around to get a better priced ticket ? I want to go and see Ed. Just not sure how much to spend and availablity of tickets here on in. Thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    Im new to the scene. Saw first two shows in Camden. Always a fan just not like you guys. My question is should I pay the 150 for a Vedder ticket (NY or NJ) or wait around to get a better priced ticket ? I want to go and see Ed. Just not sure how much to spend and availablity of tickets here on in. Thanks

Tough call. How much do you like his solo stuff? I think if I would be in the area going with someone I enjoy being with and knowing they enjoy Ed's solo work, I probably would.

As for the price, not sure, but I have a hard time seeing the price drop the closer you get, especially after the first show is over and the setlist is out.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    kcherubkcherub Posts: 961
    Wellll...I am battling the same question. All of the venues (by other standards) are pretty small, and I remember someone saying that these shows won't have a "bad" seat.

However, I am still watching some seats that are about $200/each, and wondering if I should buy tickets and risk my husband packing up and moving out. :)

Take care,
    I still want you all to "take care"--I am just damn tired of typing it.

http://www.youtube.com/user/kcherub#p/a/u/0/N-UQprRqSwo
  • Options
    LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 29,011
    I'd pass. Just keep checking here as time gets closer and you should be able to get one for face value- and it will probably be a 10 Club ticket.

Or...wait until a day or two before the show- ticketmaster usually drops tickets for shows right before they happen- this happened for a bunch of the west coast shows.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    I'd pass. Just keep checking here as time gets closer and you should be able to get one for face value- and it will probably be a 10 Club ticket.

Or...wait until a day or two before the show- ticketmaster usually drops tickets for shows right before they happen- this happened for a bunch of the west coast shows.

Hey...what do you suggest for those of us who have to travel? I got my Columbia tickets directly from The Colonial Center, and I am bit freaked to wait too long to buy EV solo tickets. The only show we would be able to see would be C2. We are in Georgia, so I have to coordinate air and hotel.

However, we are getting buddy passes to fly in, and are using miles for the hotel.

I know you know. :)

Take care,

• Options
    kcherub wrote:
    Hey...what do you suggest for those of us who have to travel? I got my Columbia tickets directly from The Colonial Center, and I am bit freaked to wait too long to buy EV solo tickets. The only show we would be able to see would be C2. We are in Georgia, so I have to coordinate air and hotel.

However, we are getting buddy passes to fly in, and are using miles for the hotel.

I know you know. :)

Take care,
    Yeah, that's a tough one. Well, if you're going to go no matter what- go ahead and book the plane and get your room because if you HAVE to, you could always buy from a scalper outside the show- every show has them, Ed shows will be no different. Sorry I couldn't be anymore of a help. Good luck in getting your tickets. I'm still hoping for that rumored Memphis show to happen and if it doesn't, oh well
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    LukinFan wrote:
    Yeah, that's a tough one. Well, if you're going to go no matter what- go ahead and book the plane and get your room because if you HAVE to, you could always buy from a scalper outside the show- every show has them, Ed shows will be no different. Sorry I couldn't be anymore of a help. Good luck in getting your tickets. I'm still hoping for that rumored Memphis show to happen and if it doesn't, oh well

If Memphis happens, we will buy you and your wife (you are married, yes?) a round!!! :)

Take care,

• Options
    i'd say don't bother.
    "Have you ever.........pooped a balloon?"
    ~D.K.S.
  • Options
    kcherub wrote:
    If Memphis happens, we will buy you and your wife (you are married, yes?) a round!!! :)

Take care,
    haha- thanks! I am married. I hope is really starting to dwindle though for the Memphis show. I think if it does happen, we HAVE to hear something this week.

Prediction: Wednesday :)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    GmoneyGmoney Posts: 1,618
    Whatda you mean "like you guys" ?

;)
    Further back and forth a wave will break on me, today...
  • Options
    Gmoney wrote:
    Whatda you mean "like you guys" ?

;)

I think he means..."you guys" in the sense that we mill around this board for a lot of our free moments, and have days long conversations about things like white pants. ;)

I took it as a compliment! LOL

Take care,

• Options
    you guys means the real PJ fan. Ive seen two shows and been on this message board for a month now that I met a real PJ fan. She sat next to me and was very cool but very into the band much like the way Deadheads are. I respect "you guys" and see a big difference between a guy like me who used to listening to PJ to get physced for hockey and get fucked up on weekends and the true PJ fan. Its cool I like what I see I think Im hooked. Was always busy with the Dead and PJ is just never around. ..
  • Options
    InMyTree4InMyTree4 Posts: 1,239
    you guys means the real PJ fan. Ive seen two shows and been on this message board for a month now that I met a real PJ fan. She sat next to me and was very cool but very into the band much like the way Deadheads are. I respect "you guys" and see a big difference between a guy like me who used to listening to PJ to get physced for hockey and get fucked up on weekends and the true PJ fan. Its cool I like what I see I think Im hooked. Was always busy with the Dead and PJ is just never around. ..

you will soon become addicted to the message pit...
    PJ:7/2/03.9/28/04.5/25/06.8/5/07.6/14/08.6/27/08.6/28/08.6/30/08.
    10/30/09.10/31/09.5/17/10.9/7/11
    EV:boston 1+2.albnay 1.boston 2010
  • Options
    I like hockey and gettin fucked up on the weekends...maybe we are the same person? Is your album No Code too? ;)
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Options
    pweafer4 wrote:
    you will soon become addicted to the message pit...

I predict he will be a new song within days. ;)

Take care,