calling back #s on your caller ID

iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I didn't even realize I misdialed today. Excuse me, I just hung up after about 4 rings....
I was sitting here today and a woman called on my landline and said she saw my number on her caller id.
when i said i didn't call her, she persisted...
i should have said, "oh no, you caught me, i am cheating with your husband!"
she kept going on, like she told me my last name which was displayed....
so i had to look at her number and then I said "I meant to dial a 6 instead of a 3," she said "now we're even" or something. please get a life instead of returning misdialed calls!
would you call someone back if the number only showed up once?
9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
10/10 - Brad in B'more
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    You should give us her number so we can mess with her, "oops wrong number, sorry..."

She obviously has too much time on her hands or a boring life to call someone who dialed her number by accident.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited February 2011
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    You should give us her number so we can mess with her, "oops wrong number, sorry..."

She obviously has too much time on her hands or a boring life to call someone who dialed her number by accident.

i'll call.....

pm her number

and if you call....make sure to *67 her so she can't see who is calling.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    VoidOfMan wrote:

a few yrs ago, my friend told me that she did that, and I could not get over the suspicious tone in her voice when she told me about it.
    paranoid much, lol?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    as to the original questions, i have called numbers back, but only after they call a dozen times and don't leave a message.

than i call and i'm like, wtf do you keep calling me.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    as to the original questions, i have called numbers back, but only after they call a dozen times and don't leave a message.

than i call and i'm like, wtf do you keep calling me.

Every day, someone was calling my cellphone. I called verizon wireless b/c my minutes were being used and I had the number blocked. The guy said he did not think it would help. It did.

I do not normally answer numbers I do not recognize; I should not have answered her and when she got my answering machine that sounds like a robot ("no one can come to the phone right now"), I wonder if she would have interrogated me on the recording.

no you guys can't have her number b/c you'll tell her I was talking about her :)
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    iluvcats wrote:
    no you guys can't have her number b/c you'll tell her I was talking about her :)

what if we did a mutliple massive three way call. you call me, and i'll call the next person on three way, and than that person will call somebody on their three way. we could have 100 people on the line. that'd be cool :mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    iluvcats wrote:

what if we did a mutliple massive three way call. you call me, and i'll call the next person on three way, and than that person will call somebody on their three way. we could have 100 people on the line. that'd be cool :mrgreen:

no, she'd call the police :) I should have asked her if we can be skype friends (to mess with her head.) I should have asked her if she likes Pearl Jam.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Somebody once called me twice and hung up at 6am, so, I took the liberty of calling them back at 2am...oops!
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I don't answer the phone unless I know who it is, so I call back (the ones that call 5 times in a row) and see who it is...if it's that important, LEAVE A MESSAGE.
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • A few years ago me and my friends were having a pizza, beer, and PS2 night in when I got a call on my mobile, I answered and it was some messed up sounding guy asking for some female (forgot her name).
    I asked who it was and he said it's her boyfriend, so I started messing with him saying she's in the shower.
    The guy went mental at me and started breathing heavily asking to put her on the phone, I said she doesn't want to talk to you and she is with me now.
    I got 10 calls back from the guy that night, what a funny moment that was lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    A few years ago me and my friends were having a pizza, beer, and PS2 night in when I got a call on my mobile, I answered and it was some messed up sounding guy asking for some female (forgot her name).
    I asked who it was and he said it's her boyfriend, so I started messing with him saying she's in the shower.
    The guy went mental at me and started breathing heavily asking to put her on the phone, I said she doesn't want to talk to you and she is with me now.

this made me laugh. did you talk to him every time?
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • iluvcats wrote:
    A few years ago me and my friends were having a pizza, beer, and PS2 night in when I got a call on my mobile, I answered and it was some messed up sounding guy asking for some female (forgot her name).

this made me laugh. did you talk to him every time?

Yeah he just kept asking in a desperate sounding tone of voice for me to put his gf on the phone lol.
    I just kept hanging up lol
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    you are lying, lol! i just read your replies to my husband and he said it sounds like something I would do.
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    my husband is home now and I told him he should call her back. even though a lady called me, it has a man's name on the caller ID now. he joked that he would call it and say, "who the f are you, I found this number on my caller ID."
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
    i might have to call up allisonK and ask if she has been able to lick ed's hand yet
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg