Options

You know you're a Pearl jam fan when...

Comments

• Options
    When you read through 50-pages of speculation about PJ20 being at Alpine Valley...

When your wife sees you whip out the credit card while on the computer...she knows you are not buying something for her...

You could wear a different PJ shirt everyday for a month...

You tell your wife...sorry ...we are not going on a cruise this year...we are going to PJ20...

You are still married after any or all of the above...
  • Options
    When someone mentions the words cat, sea or Santa's Little Helper and you immediately think of this message board.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    Your sandwich from Chick Fil-A has a sticker on the outside that says "Spicy PJ" and you laugh, but no one else does.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    your best friend(who hates Pearl Jam :o ) buys you PJ related gifts for your birthday every year
  • Options
    When you still long for the days when Vs. was new and you and your best friend would sit on the school bus, split-apart headphones from the walkman so that each of you could listen on the way to school...

You are stoked when your 2-year old is dancing in the living room to "Live at the Garden" with as much enthusiasm as you are... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ly8PjaY ... rofilepage http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tkBQxtu4 ... rofilepage (trying to sing-along already :D )

You let out a certain amount of "healthy" enjoyment of the band, but you hold back enough from friends, family, co-workers and even your husband, lest they think you are totally crazy.
    Pepsi Center - Apr 1 '03, Jul 2-3 '06 | Grant Park - Aug 05 '07 | E Center - Sep 28 '09 | Wachovia Spectrum Arena - Oct 27 '09 | Sprint Center May 3 '10 | Scottrade Center May 4 '10 | Alpine Valley - Sep 3-4, '11 | Wrigley Field - July 19, '13 | Pepsi Center Oct 22, '14
  • Options
    davidtriosdavidtrios Posts: 9,732
    ..you think about philly 3 at least once a day.
  • Options
    conmanconman Posts: 7,493
    every time i see a cat, i think of the thread "pearl jam with cats" :oops:
  • Options
    cbrunelle783cbrunelle783 Posts: 1,025
    You can think of a PJ lyric for almost any situation....
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    EV Solo:Providence 6/15/11 Boston 6/16/11 Hartford 6/18/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    Before going to work on the day that you know your cat is going to die you say "I'll see you on the flipside"
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

Concert Wishlist: I am Mine, Marker in the Sand, Parachutes, In Hiding, All Those Yesterdays, I Got Shit, Long Road, Light Years
  • Options
    Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
    You fly from Indiana to Toronto for both nights :D

You drive 11hrs to Washington D.C. for a show
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • Options
    Kevin WilsonKevin Wilson Posts: 333
    When people boo you think they're yelling Boooooooooommmmmmmm!
    Makes much more sense.................
    To Live......................
    In the present tense.
  • Options
    TdesainTdesain Posts: 2
    Pearl Jam is a band? I thought this was a club for Jelly/Jam enthusiasts...Im gonna kill my wife.
  • Options
    SuziemaySuziemay Posts: 11,165
    When a Pearl Jam song comes on the jukebox in a crowded bar, all your friends think that's your song

When acquaintances tell you all Pearl Jam related news they come across

When all your friends who generally listen to Beyonce attempt to listen to some Pearl Jam (and actually end up liking a few songs)

When you name your wireless network Eddie Vedder

When you know exactly what song you want the band to open and close with

When you get anxious about whether the almost improbable October US tour is going to coincide with the family trip you already bought tickets for (and how you're going to tell your family you're going to ditch them when the announcement comes out)
  • Options
    BK5333BK5333 Posts: 40
    When you Tweet or update your Facebook status more during the course of a PJ show (only before and after the set or between songs, of course!) than you do the rest of the year combined...
  • Options
    Mamasan23Mamasan23 Posts: 16,380
    You tell your husband that getting pregnant is just going to have to wait until after PJ20!
    WI '98,  WI '99 (EV),  WI '00,  Chgo '00,  MO '00,  Champaign '03,  Chgo '03,  WI '03,  IN '03,  MI '04,  Chgo '06:N1 & 2,  WI '06,  Chgo '07,  Chgo '08 (EV:N1),  Chgo '09:N1 & 2,  Chgo '11 (EV:N1),  WI '11:N1 & 2,  Philly '12,  Wrigley '13,  Pitt '13,  Buff '13, Detroit '14, MKE '14, Wrigley '16: N1 & N2, Seattle '18 N2, Wrigley '18: N1 & N2, Fenway '18 N1, STL '22, St Paul '23 N2, Chgo '23: N1 & N2
  • Options
    When there are people from five or even ten years ago that you only hear from when they text you to say "I just heard [insert name of PJ song] on the radio and thought of you."
    "We're all just visiting, all just breaking like waves..."
  • Options
    Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    news of a show or two in Toronto
    forces you to go and get a passport
    for the first time in your 45 years.

( Hey , they might not be around in my area this time ,.....)

:thumbup:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • Options
    staceycurcistaceycurci Posts: 97
    You know your a Pearl Jam fan when in the span of 4 days you drive 4 hours to columbus then 4 hours back home the next day to only drive two hours to cleavland and back home the next day to then drive 4.5 hours to buffalo only after being home for 45 minutes from cleavland to pick up another firend and then to drive 4.5 hours back home the next day from Buffalo all while not being able to sit because you broke your tailbone in columbus and are pretty much in tears each time you go to sit down becuase you keep forgetting that you broke your tailbone to now get a passport to drive 6.5 hours on september 11 2011. PJ20 babay wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo and so stoked to drive 6 hours to Philly to see Ed!
  • Options
    You know your a Pearl Jam fan when in the span of 4 days you drive 4 hours to columbus then 4 hours back home the next day to only drive two hours to cleavland and back home the next day to then drive 4.5 hours to buffalo only after being home for 45 minutes from cleavland to pick up another firend and then to drive 4.5 hours back home the next day from Buffalo all while not being able to sit because you broke your tailbone in columbus and are pretty much in tears each time you go to sit down becuase you keep forgetting that you broke your tailbone to now get a passport to drive 6.5 hours on september 11 2011. PJ20 babay wooooooooooooooooooooooohooooooooooooooooooooo and so stoked to drive 6 hours to Philly to see Ed!
    :thumbup:
    Boston 5/17/10
    Tres Mts. 3/27/11
    PJ20 9/3/11-9/4/11

• Options
    78FLH78FLH Posts: 410
    81 wrote:
    Davidtrios wrote:
    you travel to a coastal pj show just to experience Oceans live.

columbus, oh :P

Seen it and actually called it in the parking lot right before the show :shock:
  • Options
    FitPearlFitPearl Posts: 744
    when you accept to press frenetically F5 on your keyboard during 5.5hours just to get tickets for shows... and ending with NO TICKETS. :roll:

:lol:
    "Pearl Jam are not just a band, they are a choice, and if you make that choice, you become one of the few lucky people on this planet to have your life enriched by the greatest gift that music ever gave" -- substitute

To 10c; "Your PJ tshirt should be tight enough to show you're a woman and loose enough to show you're a lady." - bionicamy

Pearl Jam is the Boxer. We're just happy to be the bag -- Aaron Cunningham,Fanviews '98
  • Options
    If you refer to live albums that cost 15 dollars as "bootlegs"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

If you've thought about stealing a Yield sign from the side of the road....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

If you have 20 or more songs on your iPod titled "Encore Break"....you might be a Pearl Jam fan.

wow, that's me!
    Gimli 1993
    Fargo 2003
    Winnipeg 2005
    Winnipeg 2011
    St. Paul 2014
  • Options
    KatyzKatyz Posts: 838
    You know F5 is a meaningful button combination and you are using your only 'two of you' vacation in 12 years of marriage to spend all your money on successfully hitting F5 and getting to go to.....Wisconsin!
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    When you do a whole PJ room! :) Had sooooo much fun doing this and not done yet!

http://s116.photobucket.com/albums/o1/D ... st%20Room/
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    EvieVedderEvieVedder NW Indiana Posts: 461
    Tboz51 wrote:
    1. You've cried to at least 1 PJ song in concert.
    2. You have at least 1 PJ related tattoo
    3. You've flown on a plane with soul intent to see them live.
    4. You're friends with Dimitris on Facebook.
    5. You've already built your funeral playlist with 95% PJ live stuff.
    6. You know/can deceifer which drummer is playing on a live intro.
    7. Your first song for your first dance of your wedding is a PJ song.
    8. You know 2 or more lines from Yellow Ledbetter.
    9. You've told your girlfriend to "drop the leash!".

:-)

I qualify for 7 out of 9 of those :lol:
    Feel the sky blanket you with gems and rhinestones...
  • Options
    belinda27belinda27 Posts: 731
    your 6 year old niece sings the chorus to Unthought Known when the cereal box is empty :lol:
  • Options
    pinkbutterflypinkbutterfly Posts: 1,391
    edited August 2011
    Post edited by pinkbutterfly on
    My last message to you ~

You're right. You are a monster! You are sick! Get help!

At least, I am not a fuck-up! A lying fuck-up!
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    you're like a child again
  • Options
    Mshill21 wrote:
    When you download an Eddie Vedder voice mail just to here him talk.

ummmm...where can I get me a copy of this??
    "Dream the dream others then...you will be no one's RIVAL!"
    "Doo do do do doo do doo, Doo do do do doo do doo..."
  • Options
    The OracleThe Oracle Posts: 526
    NJPJ20 wrote:
    Mshill21 wrote:
    When you download an Eddie Vedder voice mail just to here him talk.

ummmm...where can I get me a copy of this??

:lol::lol::lol: - yeah, me too? Where??