Options

Ordered from Crashious Roadside... not happy.

starmap3333starmap3333 Posts: 3,925
edited February 2011 in Lost Dogs
I ordered an a/p of his arrows 08 tour hoodie last saturday. emailed a couple times to ask when it shipped or when it would ship. I finally get a response form him today that says he is moving and it'll be at least 3 weeks until he gets it out to me. I paid $85. I am pissed. I'm not sure if I should be pissed or not but for $85 you should at least fucking tell the consumer that you're moving on the site... full disclosure so to speak.

What do you guys think? Anyone order from this guy before? Is my hoodie wadded up in the bottom of a suitcase? I mean there was a picture of it but there was one left a few months ago... it was sold. All of a sudden it popped back up and for $85 instead of $125.... free shipping too. I still think it's bullshit. If you're selling something tell the guy you won;t be able to ship it for a month. Fucking bullshit.

ARQ??
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Given to...Given to... Wyoming Posts: 4,977
    I like his work but have never ordered directly from him. Always through 10c.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • Options
    i've ordered from him. he treated me great and created a killer hoodie for me. seriously, above and beyond. but then i sent him the materials for a second hoodie. not only did he keep putting me off for months ... but ultimately he DID NOT create the second hoodie. and he never sent back the stuff i sent him.

i still like the guy and his work. but i think he over-promises sometimes and he gets overwhelmed. it's probably just him and one or two helpers, depending on the amount of biz he has. even so, kind of disappointing ... but i'm not surprised by your experience.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    i've ordered from him. he treated me great and created a killer hoodie for me. seriously, above and beyond. but then i sent him the materials for a second hoodie. not only did he keep putting me off for months ... but ultimately he DID NOT create the second hoodie. and he never sent back the stuff i sent him.

i still like the guy and his work. but i think he over-promises sometimes and he gets overwhelmed. it's probably just him and one or two helpers, depending on the amount of biz he has. even so, kind of disappointing ... but i'm not surprised by your experience.

did you get a refund???? i used paypal. also, this was "supposedly" a hoodie that was created already for for sale.
  • Options
    if you used paypal, you should be covered if he doesn't come through. right? i mean ... that doesn't make your situation any less frustrating but at least you won't get screwed.

no cash up front in my case (it was a custom hoodie). but he got to keep some pretty cool PJ items. again, i hate talking shit about Crash ... but it is what it is. i guess i wouldn't go back to him for a custom job but I've bought his pre-made stuff since.
    Give way to nature ...
  • Options
    I do not know for fact, but I ordered the showbox war bird hoodie numbered to 23?? That was 10C. A few weeks later i was checking for new one on his website, there was an A/P same basic hoodie but diffrent patches on the front and side. Never bought an A/P hoodie thought it may be numbered but it just came signed with A/P. So maybe he was still making it found a extra patch or two.

Like his work, last hoodie did take a long time to get here but I am in Oz and it takes a while. It sucks when you have a bad experience with customer service, no matter where. you either take the service or you boycott and bad-mouth :lol:
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Options
    gvn2fly12 wrote:
    I do not know for fact, but I ordered the showbox war bird hoodie numbered to 23?? That was 10C. A few weeks later i was checking for new one on his website, there was an A/P same basic hoodie but diffrent patches on the front and side. Never bought an A/P hoodie thought it may be numbered but it just came signed with A/P. So maybe he was still making it found a extra patch or two.

Like his work, last hoodie did take a long time to get here but I am in Oz and it takes a while. It sucks when you have a bad experience with customer service, no matter where. you either take the service or you boycott and bad-mouth :lol:

:)
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    I would be really pissed

I would even cancel my order, so if he didn't say anything and then he responded days later telling you that you have to wait 3 weeks that's completely unprofessional, when you were about to pay there weren't two options saying:

Pay now
    Or
    I'll pay later when I have the money

NO, of course NOT!!!

I have to work my ass off every single day to pay on time my bills and bring food to my table, if I tell to my client that I'll send my designs 3 weeks later because I'm "moving on the site" without tell him/her, he/she will easily take his business to another place, is THAT easy. Some people would say cut him some slack the poor guy is "moving on the site", well I don't care, nobody cuts me (us) some slack, at the supermarket or paying all my bills, nobody cut me some slack. First let me know that my order will take weeks to ship and then I will take the decision based on if i want to wait, why do i have to accept bad customer service? We all paid with our hard earned money so they have to work to earn it, no more free rides.
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    dwhite76dwhite76 Posts: 2,801
    arq wrote:
    I would be really pissed

I would even cancel my order, so if he didn't say anything and then he responded days later telling you that you have to wait 3 weeks that's completely unprofessional, when you were about to pay there weren't two options saying:

Pay now
    Or
    I'll pay later when I have the money

NO, of course NOT!!!

I have to work my ass off every single day to pay on time my bills and bring food to my table, if I tell to my client that I'll send my designs 3 weeks later because I'm "moving on the site" without tell him/her, he/she will easily take his business to another place, is THAT easy. Some people would say cut him some slack the poor guy is "moving on the site", well I don't care, nobody cuts me (us) some slack, at the supermarket or paying all my bills, nobody cut me some slack. First let me know that my order will take weeks to ship and then I will take the decision based on if i want to wait, why do i have to accept bad customer service? We all paid with our hard earned money so they have to work to earn it, no more free rides.
    Yeah what Arq said :D
    Some words when spoken...Can't be taken back...
  • Options
    BergfallBergfall Posts: 115
    Is this the place for this?

Whining in mega size fonts.....and now that sun had finally broken through in time for lunch....

from the tos :
    that the use of the content you supply does not violate the rights of any third party, including, without limitations, copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy and publicity, it is not defamatory and will not cause injury to any person or entity;
    and that that you will indemnify us and/or our affiliates for all claims resulting from content you supply.
  • Options
    arqarq Posts: 7,940
    Bergfall wrote:
    Is this the place for this?

Whining in mega size fonts... for lunch....

Is a scientific fact that whining in tiny fonts doesn't have tfe same feeling of catharsis of the mega font.

Crashious Roadside was the recipient of my frustration with universal for my LOTL!
    "The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it"
    Neil deGrasse Tyson

Why not (V) (°,,,,°) (V) ?
  • Options
    it's a merch/buyer beware related post.... i think it fits. i am going to request a refund from paypal if he doesn't respond today. i'm with arq... i bought it saying "well i'll just go easy on money this week....". but i really couldnt spare the money. pj addict!
  • Options
    it's a merch/buyer beware related post.... i think it fits. i am going to request a refund from paypal if he doesn't respond today. i'm with arq... i bought it saying "well i'll just go easy on money this week....". but i really couldnt spare the money. pj addict!
  • Options
    i ordered a custom job from him back in november, still hasn't shipped, but im giving the guy a break. hes moving and ill get my hoodie eventually. be patient with him.

he did hook me up with a free soundgarden hoodie which shows that he cares, so im willing to give the guy a break. moving cross country isnt easy.

im definitely a little peeved, but it is what it is and ill have my hoodie in time for crash hoodie weather (earl spring)....i hope.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    I have ordered 3 times from him and he has always been very good to me. It may be because he is moving.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    I ordered an a/p of his arrows 08 tour hoodie last saturday. emailed a couple times to ask when it shipped or when it would ship. I finally get a response form him today that says he is moving and it'll be at least 3 weeks until he gets it out to me. I paid $85. I am pissed. I'm not sure if I should be pissed or not but for $85 you should at least fucking tell the consumer that you're moving on the site... full disclosure so to speak.

What do you guys think? Anyone order from this guy before? Is my hoodie wadded up in the bottom of a suitcase? I mean there was a picture of it but there was one left a few months ago... it was sold. All of a sudden it popped back up and for $85 instead of $125.... free shipping too. I still think it's bullshit. If you're selling something tell the guy you won;t be able to ship it for a month. Fucking bullshit.

ARQ??

I wouldn't worry. You may even get something extra for waiting patiently. He won't screw you over.
    Member 164xxx

8/15/92, 9/28/96, 8/28/98, 8/29/98, 9/18/98, 8/3/00, 8/9/00, 8/10/00, 8/23/00, 8/25/00, 9/1/00, 9/2/00, 4/28/03, 6/18/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 10/1/04, 10/3/05, 6/19/08, 10/27/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/21/13

More to Come....
  • Options
    timctimc Posts: 664
    Ya don't worry, he made me a 1 of 1 choices hoodie. The material used was sweet patched up so the patches won't roll when you wash it!
  • Options
    This was not a custom hoodie. It was in stock and, per his website, it says.....

All In-Stock merchandise will be shipped within 48 hours of purchase. All Custom orders will be shipped out within 7-10 days of purchase.

Any return claims must be presented within 30 days of the purchase date on all merchandise except on Roadside "Custom" orders which are Final. No exceptions.

48 hours not 48 days. sorry, but i asked for a refund... through paypal and the guy gets bad press and no business from me. fuck him.
  • Options
    This was not a custom hoodie. It was in stock and, per his website, it says.....

All In-Stock merchandise will be shipped within 48 hours of purchase. All Custom orders will be shipped out within 7-10 days of purchase.

Any return claims must be presented within 30 days of the purchase date on all merchandise except on Roadside "Custom" orders which are Final. No exceptions.

48 hours not 48 days. sorry, but i asked for a refund... through paypal and the guy gets bad press and no business from me. fuck him.

the guy is a sweetheart. yea, shit sometimes goes wrong, but when a guy goes above and beyond ot make up for something, it says a lot about his character. in my business, i'm late with orders too, but the clients come back because i do my best to make it up to them. I feel the same way about crash.

I'm a little annoyed about having to wait so long, but the fact that he sent me a freebie hoodie and promised me another one assures me that the guy has his heart in the right place even if his head may be a little off due to his move cross country.

if i ever want a new custom hoodie, i won't hesitate to give him my business.

for you to say "fuck him" is a bit of a dick move. no reason to air your dirty laundry in public. be an adult.
    i have a paper here that entitles me to fast track status
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,443

ARQ??

Have you voiced your concerns to Crashious? Perhaps that would get the best results!
  • Options
    sure i emailed him... a bunch of times, got one response saying it'd be 3+ weeks and then responded to that and got nothing. i don;t want a free hoodie, i wanted the one i bought within a week or so as shipping policy states. lol. arq gets it. anyway, i'm done here, just thought i'd let everyone know what type of delay you're facing if you order now or in the near future.
  • Options
    dugangsxrdugangsxr Covington KY Posts: 675
    He made me a badass custom hoodie. I didn't have no problems. IDK
    Paul D.