Need some help with audio for a podcast on my pc

capthowdy1027capthowdy1027 Posts: 3,270
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Hopefully somebody here will help me be able to put all of this together. Sorry in advance if I ramble for a little bit.

My friends and I do a little podcast every two weeks and I'm not totally happy with the audio quality of it. The way we go about it is that we use multi video chat via Skype, I use some video production software called VidBlaster and I pipe that through to Ustream so that we can do live shows.

As far as the audio goes everything that is coming from my house sounds great. I'm just using the mic on my webcam but it's great quality. But, the audio from everybody else on the show just comes through my speakers then basically goes into mic on my webcam. So on the final product once it's saved as an .mp3 or whatever you can always hear me great but everybody else sounds like they are kind of off in the distance.

I just know there has to be a better way of picking up their audio instead of it just being my mic hearing my speakers. I just can't think of how to do that.

Can anybody think of a way that I could get it to where everybody else sounds as good as I do?
* Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
* Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
* Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
* East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
* Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *