Goodbye January!!!!

dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
edited February 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
shittiest month of the year... not as in it was personally traumatic for me, just as in its a really boring month when not much happens.

:wave:
oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    January was awesome! I mean, I got to have a vasectomy and everythi... wait a second, that wasn't fun at all!
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
    Crap month most definately although I don't think February is much better .... roll on March!!
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    February is so fuckin' cold here in Canada.
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Bring back that January weather! Its a cold S.O.B. here today!

Minus 28 with the wind chill. that will freeze your (_+_)
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    February at least has Valentines... March has start of spring...

January has cold, dark, gloomy nights... and days... and nobody wants to go out or anything as they are poorer than an umbrella salesman from Sudan.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    january isn't great...but i'd offer february is the worst.

it"s dead of winter. sometimes there seems to be no end in sight. the days are short. football ends. baseball season hasn't started yet. march madness is still a month away. valentines day resides in this month. i really don't like anything about february at all.
    www.myspace.com
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    screw you january haters. :lol:

new years eve
    big time bowl games (we need a playoff)
    nfl reg season wraps up
    nfl playoffs
    my birthday

jan isn't so bad when you think about it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    81 wrote:

new years eve
    nfl reg season wraps up
    nfl playoffs
    my birthday

:lol::lol: Since when has new years eve been in January?

Roll on April!
  • Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    january isn't great...but i'd offer february is the worst.

it"s dead of winter. sometimes there seems to be no end in sight. the days are short. football ends. baseball season hasn't started yet. march madness is still a month away. valentines day resides in this month. i really don't like anything about february at all.

+1
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
    nuffingman wrote:

Give him a break; he's an infant... a chain smoking infant.

nuffingman wrote:
    81 wrote:

new years eve
    nfl reg season wraps up
    nfl playoffs
    my birthday

Roll on April!

new years day.

:lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I officially hate all months that are not March - November.
    I knew it all along, see?
    I officially hate all months that are not March - November.

Seasonist!

81 wrote:

new years day.

:lol:

I normally have a monumental hangover on that day.

Also when is Chinese New Year? cos they close for about 2 weeks here and I think thats in January?

i love Chinese food!
    Keep open you bastards.
  • eyedclaar wrote:
    I officially hate all months that are not March - November.

Seasonist!

March is mostly Winter and December is mostly Fall.

You accusations are erroneous, sir.

Actually, fuck March and April. Too rainy and depressing. May - November. Actually, May - Thanksgiving. After Thanksgiving, shit gets weak.
    I knew it all along, see?
  • I love hearing everyone complain about the cold. It drops below zero degrees and people act like there are rabid wolves waiting for them outside of their front doors. In reality we go from our homes, to our heated cars, to our destination, and spend a grand total of two minutes in the cold. Cold weather is nothing that a cup of hot chocolate and an adequate constitution and will won't solve. I walk my dog in -20 degree weather and we both love it.

The stuff Buck had to go through in Call of the Wild, that stuff was cold. What we suffer from now is a severe lack of thick skin.

I wish it was January year round.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    Big Drop wrote:
    I walk my dog in -20 degree weather and we both love it.

You speak dog ? :lol:
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
    Big Drop wrote:
    I love hearing everyone complain about the cold. It drops below zero degrees and people act like there are rabid wolves waiting for them outside of their front doors. In reality we go from our homes, to our heated cars, to our destination, and spend a grand total of two minutes in the cold. Cold weather is nothing that a cup of hot chocolate and an adequate constitution and will won't solve. I walk my dog in -20 degree weather and we both love it.

The stuff Buck had to go through in Call of the Wild, that stuff was cold. What we suffer from now is a severe lack of thick skin.

i wouldn't want january year round, but i don't mind the winter months. like you said, i just have to step out to the garage and jump in my truck, drive a few miles and park in a parking garage....half a dozen steps later, i'm inside the building.

only use the snow brush once or twice a winter now a days. no biggie.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    I dont mind the weather either... just that January has nothing in it? no big dates, holidays, sporting events (non-US ones at least) .. stuff like that.

February is cool as its only 4 weeks long... makes working out monthly pay 1/12th easier.
  • I agree Jan. sucks. I work outside, and it has been snow and shitty weather all month long.
  • January indeed sucked. hard. Worst. Month. Ever. i don't see why we can't bang out this February thing in 2 weeks. Onward to march!
  • spencer958 wrote:
    I agree Jan. sucks. I work outside, and it has been snow and shitty weather all month long.

I worked outside for a few years for the phone company. Never really minded the cold, just layered up. But as soon as i got home and took a hot shower, that was it. Done. For the day. at 3:30
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:
    and nobody wants to go out or anything as they are poorer than an umbrella salesman from Sudan.
    this made me :lol:

good morning, february fancy pants
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    dunkman wrote:
    I dont mind the weather either... just that January has nothing in it? no big dates, holidays, sporting events (non-US ones at least) .. stuff like that.

February is cool as its only 4 weeks long... makes working out monthly pay 1/12th easier.
    new year's eve is no big date, holiday, or vomiting alcohol scottish style?
    january 1st?

i am a doorknob.
    new year's eve... december 31

new year's day... vomiting scotish alcohol, jump rope, and connect 4?
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • zarocat wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    I walk my dog in -20 degree weather and we both love it.

You speak dog ? :lol:

Understanding my dog is easy. Tail wag = happy, tail tuck = frightened, arched back = angry, tilted head = intrigued. I only wish understanding my girlfriend was as easy as understanding my dog.
  • SEE YAAAAAAAAA BEEEEEYOTCH (Im calling January the bitch) Worst January on record. Ironically, I had a horrible day on the saddest day of the year (the 24th I think) cant wait for this month to get lost.
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • 81 wrote:
    Big Drop wrote:
    I love hearing everyone complain about the cold. It drops below zero degrees and people act like there are rabid wolves waiting for them outside of their front doors. In reality we go from our homes, to our heated cars, to our destination, and spend a grand total of two minutes in the cold. Cold weather is nothing that a cup of hot chocolate and an adequate constitution and will won't solve. I walk my dog in -20 degree weather and we both love it.

i wouldn't want january year round, but i don't mind the winter months. like you said, i just have to step out to the garage and jump in my truck, drive a few miles and park in a parking garage....half a dozen steps later, i'm inside the building.

only use the snow brush once or twice a winter now a days. no biggie.

In all honesty, I probably wouldn't want January all year round, that was a bit of an exaggeration. However, I do take solace in knowing that the young and elderly of places like Atlanta are sacrificed to feed the strong when half an inch of snow hits them. Meanwhile it's negative ten degrees in Buffalo and I'm playing lawn darts with the icicles off my house.

It's not like I go polar bear in Lake Erie in the dead of January, but I put on my gloves and hat, and throw snow tires on my car, and I get through it without complaining. The difference between north and south is when it's freezing outside here, we still find a way to enjoy the outdoors, whether it's skiing or skating or just putting on our long johns and walking around. When the temperature gets to 110 degrees outside in the south, everyone is boarded up inside their air conditioned homes.

To me, -20 degrees is exponentially more desirable than 110 degrees.

Hope I haven't offended every single person on this thread.
  • spencer958 wrote:
    I agree Jan. sucks. I work outside, and it has been snow and shitty weather all month long.

I worked outside for a few years for the phone company. Never really minded the cold, just layered up. But as soon as i got home and took a hot shower, that was it. Done. For the day. at 3:30

I work 3rd shift, so I get the worst of the worst. Can't wait for spring!
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    Goodbye January :wave:
    Hello spring!
    the Daffodils and Crocus are up! :D
  • Good riddance!!!! It's been a strange month! However, I'd take the cold any day over the dreadful heat of the desert :shock:
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...