simplify

pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
edited June 2018 in All Encompassing Trip
Post edited by pickupyourwill on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    never opened a twitter, but i'm about ready close my facebook.

friggen local rag has started running a twitter stream at the end of online articles. talk about annoying.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • congrats!! I don't have either of those and it's great. Sometimes being disconnected like that is a beautiful thing :D
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited June 2018
  • Thank you both for adding to my feeling of validation. Privacy really is sacred. I'm not closing myself off from everyone I "connected" with, I just choose not to be as much of an open book anymore. My priorities and my family's priorities are sooooo much more important to me right now.

I admire you for knowing where your priorities lie and for making a decision and actually going through with it. Maintaining my privacy is the main reason why I don't choose to participate in social networking. Besides, if there's someone out there I would reallllllly like to get in touch with, I'll call them. Better yet, pay someone a visit or plain email if not send a card. I wish you and your family well. And good luck.
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Good for you!

Twitter is ridiculous.

I have to check my facebook everyday, but rarely post, maybe once a month. People are obsessed! I have friends who post shit every half hour, 24/7. I want to delete them!

It's not that I'm worried about my privacy, if the world wants to watch me shit, I don't give a crap. It's the need to let as many people know what you are doing at every second that bothers me. NOBODY CARES!
  • Like.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Like.
    Aw, no poke?? ;)
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    Good for you!

Twitter is ridiculous.

I have to check my facebook everyday, but rarely post, maybe once a month. People are obsessed! I have friends who post shit every half hour, 24/7. I want to delete them!

It's not that I'm worried about my privacy, if the world wants to watch me shit, I don't give a crap. It's the need to let as many people know what you are doing at every second that bothers me. NOBODY CARES!
    exactly
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    shutting down my facebook this week i think.
  • I usually just post PJ vids or any other good rock news. At the Columbus show, Ed said he hates twitter! lol. Great show. Thats also when they brought up the PJ religeon rules. My cousin and I were talking about this right before the show. Pretty crazy.
    Gund Arena - Apr 25, 2003
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 20, 2006
    Grant Park - Aug 05, 2007
    Bonnaroo - Jun 14, 2008
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Nationwide Arena - May 06, 2010
    Quicken Loans Arena - May 09, 2010
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Twitter - when used correctly - is much more useful and valuable than Facebook.

I don't tweet, but I do follow a bunch of new sources, influential people, sports teams, etc. on twitter and it's a great way to get news.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • pickupyourwillpickupyourwill Posts: 3,135
    edited June 2018
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    I have both accounts-good luck trying to find me
    I only check into them maybe once a week...Easy Street tweets cool stuff, and the stupid radio stations are using FB and Twitter so peeps can win tix. :roll:
    People on FB 'friend' me...if I don't know who you are, I don't let you in...PM me first, then 'll let you in. What's up with 'friending' people you don't know? Are they 'friend collectors' or something?
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    know1 wrote:
    Twitter - when used correctly - is much more useful and valuable than Facebook.

I don't tweet, but I do follow a bunch of new sources, influential people, sports teams, etc. on twitter and it's a great way to get news.

Ditto - great way to keep up with the latest news.

No facebook. Anyone I want to be in contact with, I am in contact with, and it doesn't have to be every month or week, much less day or hour.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • I just signed up for facebook this morning. Iv had 10 friend request today from old friends from high school. I ignored them.
    I'll be back
  • Thank you both for adding to my feeling of validation. Privacy really is sacred. I'm not closing myself off from everyone I "connected" with, I just choose not to be as much of an open book anymore. My priorities and my family's priorities are sooooo much more important to me right now.

I deleted my facebook about two years ago. Never once missed it. I feel badly for people who are consumed by it.

You are right. Privacy is sacred.

I'm glad I'm only connected with people in real life and that I want to have relationships with.

Good for you. :)
    Well, fuckers, he still stands.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I'm a bit puzzled why people are concerned about privacy on Facebook. Don't post really private info. Simple!
  • dcfaithful wrote:
    Like.
    Aw, no poke?? ;)

Thoughts_Arrive is now a fan on dcfaithful and 5 other pages.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Not interested in either one of them.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Personally, I don't have facebook but I do have twitter. I don't, nor do I follow people who tweet pointless posts. "I just had A chicken wrap...yumm" is mindless garbage and is a waste of time.

I follow news feeds, music sites, bands, sports teams, bloggers, reporters and other people who give me information I desire. It comes in in real time and keeps me informed about all my interests...even pearl jam.

People who say twitter is useless are clearly using it wrong. It's the most useful media platform the world has ever seen. Hell, there's currently a "twitter revolution" going on in Egypt. Embrace it for the good and ignore the bad. It's an amazing tool.

As for the privacy thing, you set your own privacy settings...if you're concerned about it, make them more strict.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    nuffingman wrote:
    I'm a bit puzzled why people are concerned about privacy on Facebook. Don't post really private info. Simple!

exactly...

plus only accept friends you actually know kinda helps... i.e. accepting a friend request from Prince Nyaweku Kwalengobutu from Kenya isn't the smartest thing to do unless you know the guy.

I've got in touch with some long lost friends from my school days through FB so i love it... plus I don't want to call people on the phone.. I can ask them something in 23 seconds on FB and I don't have to spend ages chatting on a phone so that when we meet up we've got nothing to say to each other.

I only follow people on Twitter... sports people, news, entertainment, etc... but i don't tell people my thoughts every 28 seconds as i believe the kinda shit in my head could get me banned.
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    dunkman wrote:

plus only accept friends you actually know kinda helps... i.e. accepting a friend request from Prince Nyaweku Kwalengobutu from Kenya isn't the smartest thing to do unless you know the guy.
    What, this guy's not reliable? :shock:
    I'm helping him transfer $20million out of Kenya at the moment.
  • zarocatzarocat Posts: 1,901
    I've never had a facebook account.
    From what I know, your facebook account never really closes. It's always there.

Onto more important things,

Dead Man Walking <-- A fellow Torontonian
    1996: Toronto
    1998: Barrie
    2000: Montreal, Toronto, Auburn Hills
    2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal
    2004: Boston X2, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto X2
    2009: Toronto
    2011: PJ20, Montreal, Toronto X2, Hamilton
    2012: Manchester X2, Amsterdam X2, Prague, Berlin X2, Philadelphia, Missoula
    2013: Pittsburg, Buffalo
    2014: Milan, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Stockholm, Oslo, Detroit
    2016: Ottawa, Toronto X2
    2018: Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Chicago X2
    2024: New York X2
  • i_lov_iti_lov_it Posts: 4,007
    I just deleted my facebook and twitter accounts and I couldn't be happier!!

NEVER had either..... 8-)
  • dont need extra shit to deal with
  • Like.
    :lol::lol::lol:

I have a Facebook, and Twitter account and I use both of them pretty regularly. It is what it is :?
    * Cincinnati, OH 8.20.2000 *
    * Cincinnati, OH 6.24.2006 *
    * Columbus, OH 5.6.2010 * Noblesville, IN 5.7.2010 *
    * East Troy, MI 9.4.2011 * East Troy, MI 9.5.2011 *
    * Pittsburgh, PA 10.11.2013 *
    i_lov_it wrote:
    I just deleted my facebook and twitter accounts and I couldn't be happier!!

NEVER had either..... 8-)

why the cool smilie?
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • I've often wondered how bigamists cope with Facebook and Twitter. Do they set up twin accounts? Imagine signing in to the wrong one. "Just had an amazing shag with the missus. I love you Ethel. No, wait. Mavis. Aw, shit."
    I've often wondered how bigamists cope with Facebook and Twitter. Do they set up twin accounts? Imagine signing in to the wrong one. "Just had an amazing shag with the missus. I love you Ethel. No, wait. Mavis. Aw, shit."

Ethel & Mavis? Are all bigamists octogenarians? ;):lol:
  • dunkman wrote:
    I've often wondered how bigamists cope with Facebook and Twitter. Do they set up twin accounts? Imagine signing in to the wrong one. "Just had an amazing shag with the missus. I love you Ethel. No, wait. Mavis. Aw, shit."

Ethel & Mavis? Are all bigamists octogenarians? ;):lol:

Nah, they're all long distance truck drivers with granny fetishes. :lol: