ALL STAR GAMES STINK...

The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
mlb is the only one kind of worth watching...until they take out the starters after three innings despite the game "counting" :roll: for ws home field......what a ridiculous way of determining home field advantage in your sport's championship series. only bud selig is dumb enough to come up with that one...

the nba game used to be cool back in the day. it's just a bunch of garbage and glitz now.

is anyone going to watch the nhl all star game or the pro bowl today/tonight? your juggler is not. i think both should be abolished.

is the nhl game even being televised? :lol:
www.myspace.com
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    mlb is the only one kind of worth watching...until they take out the starters after three innings despite the game "counting" :roll: for ws home field......what a ridiculous way of determining home field advantage in your sport's championship series. only bud selig is dumb enough to come up with that one...

the nba game used to be cool back in the day. it's just a bunch of garbage and glitz now.

is anyone going to watch the nhl all star game or the pro bowl today/tonight? your juggler is not. i think both should be abolished.

I agree that the MLB home field thing is stupid. Goodell makes Selig look like Pete Rozell. No one in any sport comes close to being as bad as Goodell. He comes from the Isiah Thomas school of commissioning
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    NHL ASG is on Versus down here. But I'm watching a live stream of the Canadian CBC feed.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    The Fixer wrote:

I agree that the MLB home field thing is stupid. Goodell makes Selig look like Pete Rozell. No one in any sport comes close to being as bad as Goodell. He comes from the Isiah Thomas school of commissioning

my dog could run baseball better than bud selig.
    www.myspace.com
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    NHL ASG is on Versus down here. But I'm watching a live stream of the Canadian CBC feed.

versus... :lol:
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

what's wrong with baseball? compare the NFL to MLB...which league has more issues right now?

the rules and refs have made the NFL a parody of itself. this year's NFL on-field product was horrendous...mainly because of the changes that goodell has implemented
  • MLS ALL STAR GAM IS AWESOME!!!! They get an All-MLS team and play either an EPL team, La Liga team, Serie A, etc. Its cool as hell. But yea the NBA all star game is pretty good, and I watch the MLB one too.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

what's wrong with baseball? compare the NFL to MLB...which league has more issues right now?

the rules and refs have made the NFL a parody of itself. this year's NFL on-field product was horrendous...mainly because of the changes that goodell has implemented

You really believe the on field NFL product this season was horrendous?
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

You really believe the on field NFL product this season was horrendous?

yeah. every other call is questioned because the rules and refs are so bad. it's a joke. even with replay they still get half the calls wrong
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

i kinda liked the nfl this year.... :?

baseball has a glorified exhibition game, that both teams don't care too much about winning, decide home field advantage in the world series. :lol: i don't think it gets any dumber than that.

despite all the rule changes in the nfl that we don't like, the game is as popular as it has ever been and dwarfs all other pro sports revenue wise.

if he let's the cba thing drag out to the point where we miss some games, then we can talk. however you are comparing him to a guy who presided over having his own league's season and world series get canceled. bud selig is the epitome of weakness to me.
    www.myspace.com
    manutd3581 wrote:
    MLS ALL STAR GAM IS AWESOME!!!! They get an All-MLS team and play either an EPL team, La Liga team, Serie A, etc. Its cool as hell. But yea the NBA all star game is pretty good, and I watch the MLB one too.

the mls thing actually sounds interesting to me...
    www.myspace.com
    The Fixer wrote:

baseball has a glorified exhibition game, that both teams don't care too much about winning, decide home field advantage in the world series. :lol: i don't think it gets any dumber than that.

despite all the rule changes in the nfl that we don't like, the game is as popular as it has ever been and dwarfs all other pro sports revenue wise.

if he let's the cba thing drag out to the point where we miss some games, then we can talk. however you are comparing him to a guy who presided over having his own league's season and world series get canceled. bud selig is the epitome of weakness to me.

selig is an easy target. and I'm not saying he's a godd commissioner. but selig has never changed the on-field product of MLB for the worse...while goodell is ruining his sport. you gotta admit that the amount of bad calls in the NFL this year was absurd

how about a 7-9 team getting home field advantage in the playoffs? that trumps the WS thing for me

popularity doesn't mean something is better. a lot of people watch american idol and listen to lady gaga
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    The Fixer wrote:
    how about a 7-9 team getting home field advantage in the playoffs? that trumps the WS thing for me

popularity doesn't mean something is better. a lot of people watch american idol and listen to lady gaga

7-9 was bad, but still won their first game. The nfc east teams always beat each other up and usually don't have the best records of the playoffs. Winning any of the divisions is tough.
    The Fixer wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:

selig is an easy target. and I'm not saying he's a godd commissioner. but selig has never changed the on-field product of MLB for the worse...while goodell is ruining his sport. you gotta admit that the amount of bad calls in the NFL this year was absurd

popularity = revenue. kinda important for a commissioner to do well in that department. i'd say the nfl is doing a pretty, pretty good job in that department. :lol:

the 7-9 thing, not sure how the commissioner played a part in that one. unless you want to blame him for expansion (which he did not preside over) and spreading the talent pool too thin. but every league is guilty of that. in 2006 the cardinals won the central with 83 wins and ended up winning the world series. seahawks beat the defending champs in the wild card game this year.

rule changes--obviously i don't like them. they sort of changed them on the fly. hopefully they fine tune them in the offseason.

anywho----back to all star games....not watching either today :wave:
    www.myspace.com
  • Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    The Pro-Bowl is awful.
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    The All-Star games in the NBA,NHL and NFL are not very good, At least in Baseball they have the world series homefield advantage to play for
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • rb115565 wrote:
    The All-Star games in the NBA,NHL and NFL are not very good, At least in Baseball they have the world series homefield advantage to play for

Which is a horrendous idea... you're the best team in MLB for 162 games, win 2 rounds of playoffs, and you don't get homefield advantage because some token all star from Pittsburgh gave up a 3 run homer in an exhibition game after all of your all stars were already out of the game.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    rb115565 wrote:

Which is a horrendous idea... you're the best team in MLB for 162 games, win 2 rounds of playoffs, and you don't get homefield advantage because some token all star from Pittsburgh gave up a 3 run homer in an exhibition game after all of your all stars were already out of the game.

Yeah, it's the worst all star format of them all.
    rb115565 wrote:
    At least in Baseball they have the world series homefield advantage to play for

that's what makes it so stupid to me though. both teams remove most star players after a few innings. total joke to determine such a huge thing based on an exhibition game.

i just watched a couple minutes of the pro bowl....yuck. the uniforms even suck. looks like they're wearing leotards with shoulder pads.
    www.myspace.com
    eddiec wrote:
    rb115565 wrote:

Yeah, it's the worst all star format of them all.

and home field in baseball means more than any other sport due to the stupid designated hitter. bud selig's a dope.
    www.myspace.com
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    I think everyone can agree this is how the all star games rank:

1. MLB
    2. NHL
    3. NBA
    4. NFL

The NHL all star game was pretty entertaining today, IMO.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    rb115565 wrote:

vs. flopping NL and AL every year. MLB screws the pooch when it comes to post season play
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276

1. MLB
    2. NHL
    3. NBA
    4. NFL

tallest midget
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

1. MLB
    2. NHL
    3. NBA
    4. NFL

tallest midget

agreed.
    www.myspace.com
  • I think everyone can agree this is how the all star games rank:

1. MLB
    2. NHL
    3. NBA
    4. NFL

This.

I know that the MLB game can seem odd since they take guys out so soon, but the individual element of the game assures that they are still competing.

I just love hockey an infinite amount more than basketball, so while seeing guys standing around making no attempt at defense is a joke, it's still better than the NBA game.

And I have never even watched one second of a Pro Bowl in my lifetime.