Options

We need Pearl Jam tech shirts!!!

curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,226
edited January 2011 in The Porch
Dear 10Club,

I think it's great that you are selling t-shirts made from organic cotton. Here's the thing: I'm a runner. My drawers are overflowing with cotton race shirts that I do not wear. Why? Because:

1) Cotton chafes -- men, think bloody nipples. :shock:

2) After a few runs, cotton stinks. :(

3) In cold weather, cotton "kills" -- freezes, at the very least.

I'm not the only runner on here. I have some cool tech shirts from marathons I have run, and I wear them with pride. But I would love to have a kick-ass PJ tech shirt or two to wear to races. My husband would be thrilled to wear one, too -- so would my boys. Think about it, please.

Thanks!
All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    There's a reason I run shirtless when the weather permits. As for your overflowing drawers of t-shirts, there is a salvation army within proximity of you that is eagerly awaiting your donation. ;)
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Options
    I'm a girl -- there's a reason I do not run shirtless. ;)

I do donate shirts. I'd still like to have PJ tech shirts, especially for when the weather demands a shirt.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,537
    As a runner, marathoner, triathlete, climber, hiker, etc etc I would LOVE a PJ tech shirt
  • Options
    I'm a girl -- there's a reason I do not run shirtless. ;)

I do donate shirts. I'd still like to have PJ tech shirts, especially for when the weather demands a shirt.

I agree. I like being a Pearl Jam billboard as often as possible, and I do spend a great deal running outside in the Summertime. I do however have myself a nifty little stickman tattoo on my chest, so I get to advertise even in the buff. The 10C shop has PJ socks and winter jackets, I don't think a tech shirt is too much to ask for.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,378
    great idea. i would buy a couple for when i go running.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    BryantBryant Posts: 139
    This is a great idea, I am a runner also and if Pearl Jam put out a tech shirt that would be the best. I would make sure I would show my support to the biys on every race I enter. Lets go 10c, lets make it happen.
  • Options
    I run outside when the weathers nice every day, but I go shirtless. When the weather is cold like this time of year, just hit the treadmill, still shirtless. No shirt, short shorts, a head band and my iPod, and I go running around my town/the park. PJ tech shirt would be cool, but i would have a need for one.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    PJ-CubsPJ-Cubs Posts: 3,293
    Great idea.

If the 10C can sell a top of the line snowboard jacket, I am sure that a tech shirt should be pretty easy to do.
  • Options
    ... just bumping this as I get ready for my run and note, once again, the glaring lack of PJ tech shirts in my drawer. ;)

Hint, hint :)
  • Options
    I would buy a couple if they were made available.
    1995: San Francisco, San Diego
    2000: Phoenix
    2008: Camden 2
    2009: San Diego, Philly 1, Philly 2
    2010: MSG 1, MSG 2
    2011: Alpine 1, Alpine 2
    2012: Missoula
    2013: Wrigley, Phoenix, San Diego, LA1, LA2, Oakland
    2014: Denver
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway 1, Fenway 2
    2018: Fenway 1
  • Options
    Gvn2flyGvn2fly Posts: 745
    By "tech" do you mean dry fit, like Under Armour material stuff? If yes that would be very, very nice. I would buy for sure. This material is becoming pretty popular.
  • Options
    dasvidanadasvidana Grand Junction CO Posts: 1,318
    I'd buy multiple. I'm a runner and prefer those with sleeves rather than tanks. That way you have sun protection for longer runs (>6 miles)
    It's nice to be nice to the nice.
  • Options
    gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
    I think women should run shirtless...just saying.
  • Options
    gfnk001 wrote:
    I think women should run shirtless...just saying.

Hopefully not when I'm out running shirtless, because then I might get distracted :D .

But so would they 8-)
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581
  • Options
    Gvn2fly wrote:
    By "tech" do you mean dry fit, like Under Armour material stuff? If yes that would be very, very nice. I would buy for sure. This material is becoming pretty popular.

Yes -- "moisture wicking" synthetic shirts; not compression shirts. It's the way to go if you are sweating a lot. :)

Oh, manutd3581, I wore a shirt, but I was outdoors on this rather mild north Jersey day. ;)
  • Options
    Gvn2fly wrote:

Yes -- "moisture wicking" synthetic shirts; not compression shirts. It's the way to go if you are sweating a lot. :)

Oh, manutd3581, I wore a shirt, but I was outdoors on this rather mild north Jersey day. ;)

You ran outside today!? Ehh not that cold, but still, I cant run outside without it being hot. The wind in my face and all the clothing gets in the way. Treadmill soon, I'm not as brave as you.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    *formerly manutd3581