Steeler fans out there?

gfnk001gfnk001 Posts: 652
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone else a Steelers fan? I was a Steelers fan in the 70's even though I lived right outside of Baltimore and the Colts were there. My dad was a Steelers fan, my uncle a Steelers fan, my cousins were Steelers fans, so inevitably I had to be a Steelers fan. Even through the 1980's when they couldn't buy a win with Mark Malone as a QB. Now with Big Ben at the helm life is good. This should be a most excellent Super Bowl. Lot's of Defense and hardcore running games...I am just a little excited. I just would like to get a feel for the rest of you, who are you pulling for: Steelers or Green Bay?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjradiopjradio Posts: 6,704
    Like the Steelers for this one....BUC fan here...most of my friends are hardcore Steeler fans & are pretty pumped
    aqo2t.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,002
    my avatar should say enough. been with em just as long as you have.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • gearboygearboy Posts: 349
    proud member of the Steeler Nation!!!!
    IT'S NO CRIME TO ESCAPE!!!!!!!!!
    03/22/94, 01/14/95, 09/24/96, 08/25/98, 08/26/98, 08/31/98, 09/01/98, 09/22/98, 09/23/98, 08/09/00, 08/10/00, 08/12/00, 08/20/00, 08/21/00, 04/11/03, 04/13/03, 07/08/03, 07/09/03, 09/28/04, 09/29/04, 10/06/04, 10/08/04, 09/28/05, 05/20/06, 05/03/10, 05/04/10, 05/10/10
  • EmBleveEmBleve Posts: 3,019
    I'm with ya with the Steelers. My mom is from PA and she and my brother are die-hards, so I just sort of went with that flow. I liked it when it was Bill Cowher and the Bus. lol. But it's cool now too with Tomlin. I will be watching the Super Bowl with a Terrible Towel. :lol:
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    gfnk001 wrote:
    Anyone else a Steelers fan? I was a Steelers fan in the 70's even though I lived right outside of Baltimore and the Colts were there. My dad was a Steelers fan, my uncle a Steelers fan, my cousins were Steelers fans, so inevitably I had to be a Steelers fan. Even through the 1980's when they couldn't buy a win with Mark Malone as a QB. Now with Big Ben at the helm life is good. This should be a most excellent Super Bowl. Lot's of Defense and hardcore running games...I am just a little excited. I just would like to get a feel for the rest of you, who are you pulling for: Steelers or Green Bay?

Hardcore running games? You must not have seen GB play at all this year
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    The Fixer wrote:
    gfnk001 wrote:

Hardcore running games? You must not have seen GB play at all this year
    Green Bay may have been 24th in rushing but that was with their starter out early in the season.

The first game of the season they rushed for over 100 yds and the first game of the playoffs they rushed for over 130. Both victories.

Their rushing game is coming on but will be ineffective vs. the Steelers rushing D. Aaron Rodgers will have to make some plays as well as the GB D.
    #FHP
  • I'm sick and tired of seeing the same people do this shit every year. Last year they had a Saints jersey, this year they have a Steelers jersey. If the Steelers lose, they'll be rocking an Aaron Rodgers until October when the Patriots are 6-0 and they break out the Brady because they're a "die-hard Pats fan!"
    I knew it all along, see?
    I'm sick and tired of seeing the same people do this shit every year. Last year they had a Saints jersey, this year they have a Steelers jersey. If the Steelers lose, they'll be rocking an Aaron Rodgers until October when the Patriots are 6-0 and they break out the Brady because they're a "die-hard Pats fan!"
    Pats swallow.
    #FHP
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    Steeler fan since Terry Bradshaw, Lynn Swann, Rocky Bleir, Franco Harris, John Stallworth, Mean Joe Greene, and Steelers on empty unopened beer cans.

Go Steelers

steelers.gif
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Posts: 9,895
    Horos wrote:
    I'm sick and tired of seeing the same people do this shit every year. Last year they had a Saints jersey, this year they have a Steelers jersey. If the Steelers lose, they'll be rocking an Aaron Rodgers until October when the Patriots are 6-0 and they break out the Brady because they're a "die-hard Pats fan!"
    Pats swallow.
    :roll:
    Its always funny considering a majority of Pats fans are from 2001-to present. Also funny considering the Steelers have one of, if not, the biggest followings in the NFL.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • born and raised

living in the burgh (shadyside)

this will be my fourth steelers super bowl that i will have attended
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    i hope the blizzard keeps the steerler in pittsburgh and packers in gb and the super bowl gets cancelled.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I will probably be cheering for the Steelers--solely for the fact that my dad is, and I'm giving my vote to him this time.
    Horos wrote:
    Pats swallow.
    :roll:
    Its always funny considering a majority of Pats fans are from 2001-to present. Also funny considering the Steelers have one of, if not, the biggest followings in the NFL.
    Or they were too embarrassed to admit it before then.

Way out here in Oregon I run into a Steelers fan everyday. Life is good!
    #FHP