Options

Battle of the Spicy Chicken Sandwiches - Wendys vs ChickfilA

The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
edited April 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't eat much fast food. Usually only after a night of drinking when I'm craving greasy food. My favorite fast food by far is wendy's, especially their spicy chicken sandwich. So a buddy of mine recently started saying how great the new spicy chicken sandwich at chick-fil-A is. My first reaction was that he is certifiably insane, but I was willing to go to the taste taste. and, after further review, the winner is...

Chick-fil-A. by a whisker (they have better fries too...by a mile)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    George likes spicy chicken.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • Options

look at you, you're sweating. you're a terrible liar george
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013
    The closest Chickfila is about 60 miles away from me... maybe I'll check it out...I think Popeyes is closer...I like Popeyes
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    we dont have Chikfila here in Alberta but I like Wendys Chicken sammich, have you had A & W's chubby chicken burger? Its pretty good too
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • Options
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    What an awesome first response. :lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Options
    ChickfilA OWNS! :mrgreen:

glad they're finally popping up all over the country

and my mom got like 50 free sandwich coupons from the school she works at... so I've been going there like its my job
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    ChickfilA OWNS! :mrgreen:

glad they're finally popping up all over the country

and my mom got like 50 free sandwich coupons from the school she works at... so I've been going there like its my job

They've been in the philly area for a while now. The new sandwich is insanely good. I see myself going there more often
  • Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,811
    ...with their home brewed iced tea and waffle fries? You bet your ass. With extra Texas Pete.
  • Options
    Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    The Fixer wrote:

They've been in the philly area for a while now. The new sandwich is insanely good. I see myself going there more often

Which Cheese or no cheese ?

I get the pepper jack....mmmmmmmm
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • Options
    markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,110
    I vote Chick-Fil-A...theirs has the right amount of spice without sacrificing the overall taste.

Never been a big fan of Wendy's...theirs seems to be way too spicey and spicey just for the sake of being spicey.
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

Which Cheese or no cheese ?

I get the pepper jack....mmmmmmmm

I went no cheese, but pepper jack does sound good
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Both are very good, I like Chick-fil-a better. I don;t put any cheese or condiments on their sandwhiches, no need too.

Few things are worse than waking up hungover from a long Saturday night craving a chick-fil-a sandwhich, only to froget they are closed on Sundays.
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    Nonsense. Wendys spicy chicken is the best fast food sandwich ever.
  • Options
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that was my initial reaction. I LOVE wendys. If you haven't tried the chick-fil-a version, you gotta give it a shot
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,606
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

that was my initial reaction. I LOVE wendys. If you haven't tried the chick-fil-a version, you gotta give it a shot

I don't know if I have. When I first moved here I had chick-fil-a a few times and I am sure the spicy chicken is the first thing I would order, does not ring a bell though.
  • Options
    pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,886
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

I don't know if I have. When I first moved here I had chick-fil-a a few times and I am sure the spicy chicken is the first thing I would order, does not ring a bell though.

CFA Spicy chicken sandwhich only came out recently, so it may not have been on the menu last time you went there
    ...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • Options
    You guys are missing the point that Chik Fil A has always had a spicy chicken sandwich. You just take Texas Pete and drench it on the patty. I LOVE Texas Pete. I put that shit on my aspirin.
  • Options
    Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    I have to say the hell with the chicken sandwiches. Chickfla (ms) breakfast chicken minis are the best!!!!!!!
    I'll be back
  • Options
    m0jorisenm0jorisen Posts: 516
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Options
    You guys are missing the point that Chik Fil A has always had a spicy chicken sandwich. You just take Texas Pete and drench it on the patty. I LOVE Texas Pete. I put that shit on my aspirin.

what is texas pete? I'm guessing it's tobasco sauce
  • Options
    The Fixer wrote:

what is texas pete? I'm guessing it's tobasco sauce

Yes, well, hot sauce. I'm addicted to it.
  • Options
    RKCNDYRKCNDY Seattle, WA Posts: 31,013

I think there IS a difference...wendys started selling a buffalo spicy chicken sandwich....so there is:

'Spicy Chicken Sandwich'-spicy breaded chicken
    and
    "Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich'-spicy breaded chicken patty dunked in buffalo/spicy red sauce

I don't like crispy chicken dunked in sauce...makes the breading all soggy! :)
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • Options
    4and20 wrote:

I think there IS a difference...wendys started selling a buffalo spicy chicken sandwich....so there is:

'Spicy Chicken Sandwich'-spicy breaded chicken
    and
    "Spicy Buffalo Chicken Sandwich'-spicy breaded chicken patty dunked in buffalo/spicy red sauce

I don't like crispy chicken dunked in sauce...makes the breading all soggy! :)

Eh. This is all semantics.
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,750
    I really need to go to a chick-fil-a. There's a couple way out in the burbs of Chicago. I might have to take the drive soon and see what all this fuss is about.
  • Options
    just had the chick fil a spicy again for the first time in a long time. god damn it's good.

one of the few things I don't like about being in sales is that when I'm on the road for full days that I tend to eat like shit. has been happening a lot lately as I've been busy as hell the last few months.
  • Options
    adam42381adam42381 Kernersville, NC Posts: 2,505
    I prefer the Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich over the one from Chick-Fil-A. If I'm at Chick-Fil-A, I'm ordering the original chicken sandwich. Mmm...
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I LOVE Texas Pete. I put that shit on my aspirin.

:lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2