Which phone

BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
So I'm sure there are people on here who know a lot more about phones then I do. Right now I have a blackberry but my upgrade is due in a few weeks...3 days after Verizon gets the iphone. Which phone should I get with my upgrade? Iphone, Droid, or perhaps another blackberry? Any insight or advise would be welcomed. Thanks guys.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• *paging 81*
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I Love the iPhone.

Not too sure what vz has for newer android models, but make sure you check the net and see if they're coming out with anything new in the next couple months. Nothing worse than getting let's say a droid X and then a new one comes out 3 weeks later.

Blackberrys suck
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    Get an Android with a big screen. I have one of the Galaxy S phones, but I wouldn't recommend it due to the lack of OS updates from Samsung. Other than that, the phone is great.

The iPhone is like a smartphone for dummies. It's a good phone in what it does, but it's so limited to exactly what Apple wants it to be.

Android let's you do basically anything you want. Don't like the keyboard, there are bunches of them. Don't like the home screen, there are bunches of other launchers. The list goes on and on.

I've rooted mine and you can choose from dozens and dozens of ROMs to make your phone do whatever you want.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
    know1 wrote:
    I've rooted mine and you can choose from dozens and dozens of ROMs to make your phone do whatever you want.

You can do the same with the iPhone.
    know1 wrote:

The iPhone isn't anywhere near as flexible as Android and you know it.

• MaxGoldenrodMaxGoldenrod Posts: 1,341
    Get a droid. Just get an LG instead of Motorola ($100 bucks cheaper) since none of these new "smartphones" will last more than a couple of years anyways
    "Then the Spirit of God hovered over the water, and God said, Let there be music, and there was Pearl Jam."

Whose idea was it for the word "Lisp" to have an "S" in it?
    know1 wrote:
    know1 wrote:

The iPhone isn't anywhere near as flexible as Android and you know it.

True on the standard iOS. But if you've ever seen a rooted iPhone, it's as flexible. There is an entire store called Cydia that is designed to customize and build your iPhone the way you want it.

PS. I'm no android hater. I might actually get my wife the moto atrix so I can fuck around with that platform. The atrix looks sick
  • IPhone 4 all the way!!!!!!!!! :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    6.19.08 Camden 1
    6.24.08 MSG 1
    8.05.08 EV NYC 2 (3rd Row)
    5.18.10 Newark
    5.20.10 MSG 1
    5.21.10 MSG 2
    6.21.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    6.22.11 Beacon Theatre,NYC
    9.02.12 Made In America Festival, Philly
    10.18.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
    10.19.13 Barclays Brooklyn,NY
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    edited January 2011
    wait a couple of months and get the bionic

4g sweetness married to a dual core processor. oh yeah.

second choice would be the thunderbolt which also has 4g. rumors have it possibly coming out next month

if you have to buy today, Droid X or incredible would be my choices.

samsung sucks at getting updates out and would slip down the list because of that.

if you aren't marreid to verizon, than there are some other good choices.

and of course you could get the icrap. haha.. i'm sure it's a nice phone, just not for me. although i would be careful picking up an i4. you would think they would be coming out with an upgraded phone pretty soon, but i've not heard a ton of rumors, but i don't look for apple rumors either.
    Post edited by 81 on
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg

True on the standard iOS. But if you've ever seen a rooted iPhone, it's as flexible. There is an entire store called Cydia that is designed to customize and build your iPhone the way you want it.

have you thought about putting android on yoru iphone. it can be done
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    [quote="81"

samsung sucks at getting updates out[/quote]

Why doesn't google have a program like iTunes so you can update the firmware yourself instead of having it pushed to your phone?

Thats the one thing I just don't understand.
    Why doesn't google have a program like iTunes so you can update the firmware yourself instead of having it pushed to your phone?

Thats the one thing I just don't understand.

the actual transmission of the update isn't the problem, its the lack of updates that is the problem. all the high end phones (Evo, Droid X, Droid Increible, EPIC, etc) have been updated to android 2.2 (froyo). than there is samsung and their lack up upgrade care which leaves most of the galaxy S phones on 2.1.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dr0ptheleashdr0ptheleash Posts: 1,264
    Heard the droid is nice, BUT, I love my iPhone :D

PS. I'm no android hater. I might actually get my wife the moto atrix so I can fuck around with that platform. The atrix looks sick

You're likely correct on a rooted iPhone. I do not know much about that area.

But as you said, if you stay stock, the Android is a ton more customizable than the iPhone.

steve jobs wrote:
    you will take want i want you to have
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg