Milton Bradley arrested in L.A.

aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
edited June 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/m ... id=6036001
Police in Los Angeles have arrested Seattle Mariners outfielder Milton Bradley for allegedly making threats against a woman, The Los Angeles Times reported on Tuesday.

:o
:lol:
:roll:
:x
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    How many candy bars is this worth, Speedy? :lol:
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    He had to go directly to jail, and could not pass go, nor could he collect $200.

Oops, that's A Parker Brothers game!
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    shocking
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Black DiamondBlack Diamond Posts: 25,107
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    He had to go directly to jail, and could not pass go, nor could he collect $200.

Oops, that's A Parker Brothers game!
    :lol:
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    a little known fact about this guy. Back in '99 he lived every kids dream. Well, US kid anyways. Playing for the AA Harrisburg Senators, Bradley came to the plate in the bottom on the 9th with bases loaded, down 3 runs and a full count. Every kid dreams of this situation in their back yard. Next pitch - BAM...He hit a grand slam in the deciding 5th game to win the Eastern League Championship!!

Ok, not the World Series but still pretty cool.

Young promising career, turned into a complete nutcase.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    a little known fact about this guy. Back in '99 he lived every kids dream. Well, US kid anyways. Playing for the AA Harrisburg Senators, Bradley came to the plate in the bottom on the 9th with bases loaded, down 3 runs and a full count. Every kid dreams of this situation in their back yard. Next pitch - BAM...He hit a grand slam in the deciding 5th game to win the Eastern League Championship!!

When you saw the title of this thread, were you thinking "wow, I can finally use the Milton Bradley AA tidbit" !!

Your day has arrived, my friend! :)

But seriously, MB has always shown so much promise, but all of the fresh starts with new teams always end the same way. Reminds me of Ron Artest, who is finally starting to show his true colors with the Lakers.
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

When you saw the title of this thread, were you thinking "wow, I can finally use the Milton Bradley AA tidbit" !!

Your day has arrived, my friend! :)

:lol::lol::lol:
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
    I just really hope there is a clause in his contract with the M's that gets the M's out of his contract. Some sort of a good citizen clause or something. Something, anything to get us out of paying him for his final year.

I admit it, everyone was right. This guy is a nut case loser who is not good for any major league ball club in any way, shape, or form.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

But seriously, MB has always shown so much promise, but all of the fresh starts with new teams always end the same way. Reminds me of Ron Artest, who is finally starting to show his true colors with the Lakers.
    Ron Artest destroyed an NBA franchise, made a state where people worship basketball turn into a state that no longer watches or follows the NBA, and he stabbed the Basketball Jesus in the back after Larry gave him a 2nd chance after starting a riot in Auburn Hills. He is also good at abusing women and starving animals. But he is a solid defender and shows offensive spark from time to time.

Those are the true colors of Ron Artest.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    seems so out of character for him...i bet the woman overreacted
    norm wrote:
    I am just curious what a criminal threat is. "I'm gonna shoot you, bitch!" Is that one?
    aNiMaL wrote:
    norm wrote:
    I am just curious what a criminal threat is. "I'm gonna shoot you, bitch!" Is that one?

criminal threat = milton bradley
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    I just really hope there is a clause in his contract with the M's that gets the M's out of his contract. Some sort of a good citizen clause or something. Something, anything to get us out of paying him for his final year.

I admit it, everyone was right. This guy is a nut case loser who is not good for any major league ball club in any way, shape, or form.

haha yup same here. Everyone, I owe you an apology.

At least we signed Cust...
    "Well, I think this band is incapable of sucking."
    -my dad after hearing Not for You for the first time on SNL .
    jimed14 wrote:
    4 words ...

GOOD
    milton_bradley_4.jpg

LUCK
    040929_milton_bradley_hmed.hmedium.jpg

WITH
    milton-bradley.jpg

THAT
    Cubs-Milton-Bradley-Risk-1.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    jimed14 wrote:
    4 words ...

GOOD
    milton_bradley_4.jpg

LUCK
    040929_milton_bradley_hmed.hmedium.jpg

WITH
    milton-bradley.jpg

THAT
    Cubs-Milton-Bradley-Risk-1.jpg
    Hahahaha, thanks for bringing this one to this thread! :lol:
    we tried to warn you.....
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    and here I was thinking that a board game tycoon who's been dead for nearly 100 years was getting arrested. :oops:

Anything can happen in L.A. though, right? :?
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:
    we tried to warn you.....
    You absolutely did. You and Speedy both.
  • :lol::lol::lol: I was thinking, "the game guy?" :lol::lol::lol:
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    This thread really needs Speedy's input.
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    Have they released any facts about what happened???
    Who did he threaten??
    How did he threaten???
    Why did he threaten???
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Who did he threaten??
    How did he threaten???
    Why did he threaten???
    It was probably someone from either Chicago or Seattle who was critical of his batting average!

"I'll shoot you bitch if you keep saying that I suck at baseball!!"
  • aNiMaL wrote:
    aNiMaL wrote:
    Who did he threaten??
    How did he threaten???
    Why did he threaten???
    It was probably someone from either Chicago or Seattle who was critical of his batting average!

"I'll shoot you bitch if you keep saying that I suck at baseball!!"
    Bradley is a lunatic....

He doesnt suck at baseball...
    He sucks at life.....

Just an ignorant, angry, piece of human garbage...
    Take me piece by piece.....
    Till there aint nothing left worth taking away from me.....
  • It's funny to hear the non-baseball people here. Baseball fans got over the "board game" name thing about 10 years ago. :D
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • It's funny to hear the non-baseball people here. Baseball fans got over the "board game" name thing about 10 years ago. :D

Yeah, but I've never even heard of the guy before, so this is funny for me. :D
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    Police say former Los Angeles Dodger Milton Bradley has been arrested for investigation of felony battery.

Police say the outfielder, released by Seattle this year, was arrested Tuesday at a San Fernando Valley home.

Police told the Los Angeles Times details of the incident were not available.

Bradley posted bail and is due in court Oct. 18. Attorney Harland Braun tells The Associated Press he hasn't talked with his client yet.

Bradley was arrested at the house in January for allegedly threatening a woman, but no charges were filed.

Bradley has a history of problems. In 2004, he confronted an officer in Ohio. The Dodgers traded him to Oakland in 2005 after he threw a water bottle at fans and he had a clubhouse run-in with a reporter.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • kenshuntkenshunt Posts: 2,863
    damn board games
    London 2005
    Toronto 2011 night 2
    Hamilton 2011
    London 2013
    81 wrote:
    Police say former Los Angeles Dodger Milton Bradley has been arrested for investigation of felony battery.

Police say the outfielder, released by Seattle this year, was arrested Tuesday at a San Fernando Valley home.

Police told the Los Angeles Times details of the incident were not available.

Bradley posted bail and is due in court Oct. 18. Attorney Harland Braun tells The Associated Press he hasn't talked with his client yet.

Bradley was arrested at the house in January for allegedly threatening a woman, but no charges were filed.

Bradley has a history of problems. In 2004, he confronted an officer in Ohio. The Dodgers traded him to Oakland in 2005 after he threw a water bottle at fans and he had a clubhouse run-in with a reporter.
    Former Los Angeles Dodgers outfielder Milton Bradley was arrested after allegedly swinging a bat at his wife -- and missing -- at his San Fernando Valley home, Los Angeles police said Wednesday.

Of coarse he missed! :lol:

But seriously, dudes got serious mental issues. Major League baseball is better without him in it.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

perhaps he alwasy was a nutcase and has done a good job of covering it up... i hear theyre good at that... for awhile anyway.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
    ...and convicted
    Bradley, who played during parts of two turbulent seasons with the Dodgers, was found guilty of four counts of spousal battery, two counts of criminal threats, one count of assault with a deadly weapon, one count of vandalism and one count of brandishing a deadly weapon, the Los Angeles city attorney's office said.

Bradley, 34, was immediately taken into custody, and bail was set at $250,000 bail.
    http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... 1896.story