Options

Thinking about joining the PJ fan club...

jeremysoakingjeremysoaking Posts: 6
edited July 2008 in The Porch
pros/cons?
It doesnt matter if there is a "they". If you could set your own salary you'd pay yourself minimum wage?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    Unless you really can't afford the small fee and need it for food/shelter/etc. I can't see any cons at all. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    Well I'm already rationing my food but it shouldn't have too much of an impact on my housing budget (which is modest). It's just that the money could go towards improving my calcium levels...but I understand that, as a fan club member, I'll get preferential treatment when it comes to concert tickets. So it's really a tough call.
    It doesnt matter if there is a "they". If you could set your own salary you'd pay yourself minimum wage?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    the only con i can think of is that at this point in their career your number will be horrible... but its always useful for 10C only and GA shows... and poster sales... and the xmas singles and newsletters... theres certainly plenty of pros to defend the small cost
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    its not worth it
    besides do u really wanna be the first to sit in lawn after buying 10Club tix?
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    Well I just feel like if I'm the first to sit in the lawn I'll at least be able to tell everyone I was first, you know? I mean we're not talking about Silverspoon here, we're talking about PEARL JAM!

Is there a badge involved at all or am I getting things confused?
  • Options
    Kilgore_TroutKilgore_Trout Posts: 7,334
    Well I just feel like if I'm the first to sit in the lawn I'll at least be able to tell everyone I was first, you know? I mean we're not talking about Silverspoon here, we're talking about PEARL JAM!

Is there a badge involved at all or am I getting things confused?
    badges? we dont need no stinkin badges!
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • Options
    finnanniefinnannie Posts: 1,186
    sgossard3 wrote:
    badges? we dont need no stinkin badges!

Badges ? LMAO :D
    Won't let the light escape from me.
    Won't let the darkness swallow me.
  • Options
    I mean I don't need badges like I need Christmas singles, newsletters or economy packs of condensed milk but I think they would be nice.
  • Options
    wolfbearwolfbear Posts: 3,965
    sgossard3 wrote:
    the only con i can think of is that at this point in their career your number will be horrible... but its always useful for 10C only and GA shows... and poster sales... and the xmas singles and newsletters... theres certainly plenty of pros to defend the small cost
    Exactly. I joined way back in 1993 and the only reason I joined was to support the band and get mailed info (before internet). We got a cool fan club mailing, opportunities to buy stuff, and a cool Christmas vinyl (which I have always loved). Then the ticket thing came into being and it was a whole new ballpark so to speak. I still would be a member without the ticket thing because I joined before there was such a thing. So, I guess it's up to you to decide if it is worth it to you. :)
    "I'd rather be with an animal." "Those that can be trusted can change their mind." "The in between is mine." "If I don't lose control, explore and not explode, a preternatural other plane with the power to maintain." "Yeh this is living." "Life is what you make it."
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    It's all nice. If you can afford it, go for it. You belong to a great club and that alone is worth the price of admission.

You get a cool record that is worth the price of admission. If you buy tickets to even one show you save on ticketmaster fees that almost equal the price of admission.

Sometimes they do free shows and if you get into one that is worth the cost of a lifetime of admissions.

Totally worth it. IMO.
  • Options
    That's some dedication wolfbear!
  • Options
    Wilds wrote:
    Sometimes they do free shows and if you get into one that is worth the cost of a lifetime of admissions.
    This sounds great but I don't know if I can afford a lifetime of admissions :( .
  • Options
    WildsWilds Posts: 4,329
    This sounds great but I don't know if I can afford a lifetime of admissions :( .

My point was if you buy one admission and get to go to a free show, then get the value AS IF you purchased a lifetime of admissions.

At this point I would take it one year at a time and enjoy the ride. It is worth it.
  • Options
    gtrplyr7gtrplyr7 Posts: 36
    Eddie Vedder is God, the greatest rock band of all time, I will defend them until the day I die, PEARL JAM 4 EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    __ Posts: 6,651
    its not worth it
    besides do u really wanna be the first to sit in lawn after buying 10Club tix?

I joined the 10C just within the past year and have a horrible number. I've only purchased tickets to one show since then and I sat in the front row. TOTALLY WORTH IT.
  • Options
    scb wrote:
    I joined the 10C just within the past year and have a horrible number. I've only purchased tickets to one show since then and I sat in the front row. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING PEARL JAM RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    http://thepaidreview.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/12/0362.jpg

THAT'S A GOOD PIC OF EDDIE, IT'S LIKE HE'S SAVING OUR SOULS!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Dylan StoneDylan Stone Posts: 1,145
    scb wrote:

And she's telling the truth. I know.... I sat with her!!! ;)

Thanks, S. :)
  • Options
    GTFLYGIRL wrote:
    And she's telling the truth. I know.... I sat with her!!! ;)

Thanks, S. :)

WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! FRONT ROW PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!! I'D GRAB AT EDDIE'S DICK IF I HAD THE CHANCE!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    gtrplyr7 wrote:
    WOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! FRONT ROW PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!! I'D GRAB AT EDDIE'S DICK IF I HAD THE CHANCE!!!!!!!!!
    :eek:
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • Options
    LongRd. wrote:
    :eek:

I'M A HOMOSEXUAL, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!! PEARL JAM SPEAKS ABOUT UNDERSTANDING EACH OTHER!!!! YOU CLEARLY ARE NOT A TRUE PEARL JAM FAN, WHY DON'T YOU GO PREACH YOUR HATE ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Slip KidSlip Kid Posts: 1,175
    sgossard3 wrote:

it's really only good for 10c sales

you're gonna get fucked for seats though
    I just don't trust anything that bleeds for five days and doesn't die.
  • Options
    LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    gtrplyr7 wrote:
    I'M A HOMOSEXUAL, DO YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THAT!!!! PEARL JAM SPEAKS ABOUT UNDERSTANDING EACH OTHER!!!! YOU CLEARLY ARE NOT A TRUE PEARL JAM FAN, WHY DON'T YOU GO PREACH YOUR HATE ELSEWHERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :confused:
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009