What video games are people looking forward to this year?

2»

Comments

• rafierafie Posts: 2,160
    I've been playing Need for Speed: Shift 2 for the last few days. Fun racing game.
    Still can't believe I met Mike Mccready at the Guggenheim and got a pic with him!!!!!

2010: 9/7/10 - Bilbao
    2012: 26-27/6/12 - Amsterdam ~~ 29/6/12 - Werchter ~~ 4-5/7/12 - Berlin
    2014: 25/6/14 - Vienna ~~ 26/6/14 - Berlin
  • smg97791smg97791 Posts: 151
    Diablo 3
    StarCraft 2: Heart of the Swarm

Both probably will not be out until next year but I can dream!
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    When's a new Zelda coming out? I keep hearing about it but nothing so far.
    Apparently Nintendo are going to unveil their new system in June. It wouldn't surprise me if they held off the next Zelda game to come out for the new system.

Yeah, and early word is that it's going to have processing power (tri-core) to surpass the 360 and PS3.
    Oh, and they are also expecting it to be around $400.

It's all speculation so far, but wasn't the Wii's success based off of the fact that it was a fraction of the price of the other two systems?
    It's clear that the 360 and PS3 have far surpassed the Wii in the quality of games and the quality developer support..so it's gonna be interesting to see if the Wii-2 tries to compete side by side the other two, or if it goes its own route like the original Wii.

Also, unless the Wii-2 comes out of the gates blazing strong this year, even with the minor tech advantage over the PS3 and 360, who is going to drop an additional $400 on a Wii-2 when in most cases that tech advantage will likely not show itself for another year or two...which is when Sony and Microsoft will probably start working on their next systems.
    Seems like a bad time for Nintendo to be coming out with a minor and expensive tech advantage over the other two...
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    mca47 wrote:
    When's a new Zelda coming out? I keep hearing about it but nothing so far.
    Apparently Nintendo are going to unveil their new system in June. It wouldn't surprise me if they held off the next Zelda game to come out for the new system.

Yeah, and early word is that it's going to have processing power (tri-core) to surpass the 360 and PS3.
    Oh, and they are also expecting it to be around $400.

It's all speculation so far, but wasn't the Wii's success based off of the fact that it was a fraction of the price of the other two systems?
    It's clear that the 360 and PS3 have far surpassed the Wii in the quality of games and the quality developer support..so it's gonna be interesting to see if the Wii-2 tries to compete side by side the other two, or if it goes its own route like the original Wii.

Also, unless the Wii-2 comes out of the gates blazing strong this year, even with the minor tech advantage over the PS3 and 360, who is going to drop an additional $400 on a Wii-2 when in most cases that tech advantage will likely not show itself for another year or two...which is when Sony and Microsoft will probably start working on their next systems.
    Seems like a bad time for Nintendo to be coming out with a minor and expensive tech advantage over the other two...
    $400 is still a fair bit less than what the ps3 and xbox 360 were originally sold at. Although, by the time Sony and Microsoft come out with their new system the price will probably be around $300. Besides Sony and Microsofts new systems will probably be in the $500-700 range and the Wii 2 will be a fraction of that.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    mca47 wrote:
    It does appear to be a gamble by Nintendo but the writing is on the wall for the Wii. Now that Microsoft and Sony have developed superior motion control systems, Nintendo has been exposed and not having HD graphics or 3rd party support is killing them. I guess they are left with the option of losing the market over the next 3-4 years or putting out a new system. I'm sure they will have a gimmick to help sell the system.

As for gimmicks, I like the gimmick where a company makes a good system that's friendly to developers and a good controller ... something that Microsoft clearly focused on 6 years ago.
    There is a new game coming out from iD called Rage. Looks like a cross between Doom, Fallout 3, and Borderlands. Gameplay looks great on the previews.
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Skyrim
    LA Noire
    NHL 2012

Thats about it for me for this year. I have such a backlog of games I try to get through
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Jason P wrote:
    There is a new game coming out from iD called Rage. Looks like a cross between Doom, Fallout 3, and Borderlands. Gameplay looks great on the previews.

Game looks pretty good to be, i will prob pick it up once it is released!
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • Drum Machine89Drum Machine89 Posts: 2,157
    Arkham City! :mrgreen:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    Jason P wrote:

never heard of it. Just researched it. Then pre-ordered it.
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Jason P wrote:

never heard of it. Just researched it. Then pre-ordered it.
    It doesn't hurt that they have Mark Lanegan's newest song on their website for the game. :thumbup:
  • tvismyfriendtvismyfriend Posts: 2,118
    Jason P wrote:
    mca47 wrote:
    It does appear to be a gamble by Nintendo but the writing is on the wall for the Wii. Now that Microsoft and Sony have developed superior motion control systems, Nintendo has been exposed and not having HD graphics or 3rd party support is killing them. I guess they are left with the option of losing the market over the next 3-4 years or putting out a new system. I'm sure they will have a gimmick to help sell the system.

As for gimmicks, I like the gimmick where a company makes a good system that's friendly to developers and a good controller ... something that Microsoft clearly focused on 6 years ago.
    The new gimmick for the Wii 2 is a 6 inch touch screen on the controller. From the sounds of it the new controller might also double as a portable game system.
  • KravenKraven Posts: 829
    LA Noire
    Legend of Zelda Skyward Sword
    Batman Arkham City

That's about it.

I think the only new game this year that I have bought is Pokemon Black
    32 shows and counting...
    I played the new Mortal Kombat and was very happy with it. It's more tactical then Street Fighter (and especially Marvel vs Capcom where I just mash buttons and shit happens magically), but it still moves at a good speed. So far it is my favorite fighter game out there.