Archer

aspoonfulweighsatonaspoonfulweighsaton Posts: 2,024
edited March 2013 in All Encompassing Trip
Okay I know I'm late to this party, but Amazon had the first season of Archer on sale recently and I picked it up on a whim.

Wow! This is one of the funniest shows I have ever seen in my life. Perfect balance of comedy that hits you upside the head as well as the kind you have to think about for a second. The cast of characters is brilliant and the writing is light years beyond most "adult" cartoons these days.

I cannot wait for the new season to start on 1/27!

Highly recommended!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The greatest show. EVER.

DANGER ZONE! totally watching the new season
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Still haven't fully given it a chance, the previews look funny and I found out Chris Parnell is on the show, I loved him on SNL.
  • UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    Watched my first episode this past weekend........liked it.

I will be DVRing from here on out.......
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    I haven't seen it, but now I'm interested. What's it about?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • h. john benjamin (home movies, archer, bobs burgers) has gotta be my favorite voice actor... maybe tied with john dimaggio (futurama, adventure time) and hank azaria (simpsons)

and jessica walter always reminds me of arrested development... so that helps :)

this is definitely a golden age for adult cartoons :D
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • I haven't seen it, but now I'm interested. What's it about?
    secret agent spoof... archers got a huge ego, his moms his boss, lots of sex and nonsense

good stuff
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • I haven't seen it, but now I'm interested. What's it about?

Per Wikipedia, since they probably could explain it better than I could...

Set at the International Secret Intelligence Service (ISIS), suave master spy Sterling Archer deals with global espionage; a domineering, hypersexual, late middle-aged mother/boss, Malory Archer; his ex-girlfriend, Agent Lana Kane; her ISIS accountant boyfriend Cyril Figgis; and a less-than-masculine code name—"Duchess"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archer_%28TV_series%29
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    watched it when it first came out, and it did nothing for me. caught the restraunt episode the other night, and i laughed my ass off. it appears they have rubbed off the rough edges.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • peacefrompaulpeacefrompaul Posts: 25,293
    81 wrote:
    watched it when it first came out, and it did nothing for me. caught the restraunt episode the other night, and i laughed my ass off. it appears they have rubbed off the rough edges.

:lol:

Anthony Bourdain was brilliant :lol:

Archer is one of my favorite shows on television. Funny stuff.
    The greatest show. EVER.

DANGER ZONE! totally watching the new season

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    h. john benjamin (home movies, archer, bobs burgers) has gotta be my favorite voice actor... maybe tied with john dimaggio (futurama, adventure time) and hank azaria (simpsons)

and jessica walter always reminds me of arrested development... so that helps :)

this is definitely a golden age for adult cartoons :D

Home movies was a great show
  • Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • This show is rude, crude, inappropriate, vulgar, crass, distasteful and obscene. It can be racist, homophobic, sexist, disgusting and politically incorrect. Above all, it is absolutely perfect and bust-a-gut hilarious. :-bd

And to think, my dad turned me on to it.
    TEACHER SEEKS PUPIL
    Must have an earnest desire to save the world
    Apply in person