** updated COLLEGE BASKETBALL 2023 / 2024. **

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    Note to gamblers:  Always bet on Purdue at home and take the over.  Never bet on Purdue on the road.  easy money.  trust me.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    Jason P said:
    Note to gamblers:  Always bet on Purdue at home and take the over.  Never bet on Purdue on the road.  easy money.  trust me.
    That’s pretty much the whole big ten this year
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    Big day in the ACC - Need to check the early games, but looking forward to UVA vs. Louisville and Duke vs. UNC today beginning at 4 on ESPN. Go UVA & Duke! 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    edited February 2020
    Bob Knight returned to IU fo the first time since he got booted.  He looked frail.  still showed some fire. 
    Jason P said:
    Bob Knight returned to IU fo the first time since he got booted.  He looked frail.  still showed some fire. 
    Cool moment. Agree he didn’t look good but nice he was back.
    Had Carolina big on the money line. What a bad freakin beat. Crazy game.  College hoops delivers
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,711
    Go Penn State!
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • erocshiftyerocshifty Posts: 1,170
    DAMN - what a day yesterday - I don't know how Duke pulled it off, but they did - I'll take it, lol. FL. State at home tomorrow. Wake Forest vs. Syracuse also went down to the wire. It was good to see Bob Knight. Yesterday was a great reminder of why College Bball is my favorite sport. 
    "It's best to live in grace before you're forced to." EV- 10/09/2014 
    DAMN - what a day yesterday - I don't know how Duke pulled it off, but they did - I'll take it, lol. FL. State at home tomorrow. Wake Forest vs. Syracuse also went down to the wire. It was good to see Bob Knight. Yesterday was a great reminder of why College Bball is my favorite sport. 

yeah the UNC/Duke game was real good. One of the best rivalries in all of sports
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    three out of the top four teams lose yesterday. Although 2 of them were playing each other...  Can't wait for the madness to begin!
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    three out of the top four teams lose yesterday. Although 2 of them were playing each other...  Can't wait for the madness to begin!
    no one is dominant. ohio state even beat #7 maryland.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Wobbie said:
    no one is dominant. ohio state even beat #7 maryland.
    heading into this past weekend the top 4 teams had only lost once since the New Year and that was Kansas losing to Baylor. I'd say those 4 teams have been fairly dominant. just one of those weekends this past weekend. Gonzaga ran into a really good BYU team on the road. and Baylor lost to Kansas because well Kansas always ends up winning the Big 12.   San Diego State losing at home to a .500 UNLV team was pretty shocking though.  they basically were down the whole game.  Big 10 has a lot of good teams but no one great I don't think. Maybe Maryland but I don't trust that team or Turgeon.  March is always fun. can't wait for the conference tourney's and NCAAs.  
  • Glorified KCGlorified KC KCMO Native Posts: 2,495
    Crazy how different the preseason rankings were to now.  No one saw Baylor, Dayton, SDSU, FSU and Creighton being in the position they are in.  There's a decent chance the national champion for this year isn't on either of these lists.  

I wish I was a sacrifice, but somehow still lived on.
  • I've followed this years college hoops from afar and seeing NC as not even ranked with 17 losses?!?  When the hell is the last time THAT happened?
    I've followed this years college hoops from afar and seeing NC as not even ranked with 17 losses?!?  When the hell is the last time THAT happened?
    Matt Doherty era.  2002 I believe.  The bad news for the UNC players is they are going to have to back to their fake classes about two weeks earlier this year.

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Nice to see Illinois making some noise again. They should be a handful in the tournament with Kofi and Ayo.

Crazy year. I keep my phone alerts to a minimum and I’ve got so many “Upset Watch”s I’ve quit paying attention to them.
    Does anyone run a bracket pool on 10C?
    no fans at NCAA Tournament games.  crazy times we live in.  feel bad for the fans of teams who are there for the 1st time in a long time and teams like Dayton and San Diego State who have legitimate shots to get to a Final 4.  this is going to be crazy watching these games this year
    pjhawks said:
    no fans at NCAA Tournament games.  crazy times we live in.  feel bad for the fans of teams who are there for the 1st time in a long time and teams like Dayton and San Diego State who have legitimate shots to get to a Final 4.  this is going to be crazy watching these games this year

yeah that's gonna be weird.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,383
    they need to pipe in some crowd noise.

gonna be very weird.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22
    Fred Hoiberg taken to the hospital during the game after looking really sick on sideline.  Man I hope he didn’t contract it.  Team is quarantined right now (Nebraska).
    Fred Hoiberg taken to the hospital during the game after looking really sick on sideline.  Man I hope he didn’t contract it.  Team is quarantined right now (Nebraska).
    He us a fucking idiot got coaching in that condition. Now he had had heart issues so it’s possible it’s not the virus but there is no excuse for him to be out there when he wasn’t feeling well. Idiotic behavior in Todays world, 

with the nba canceling would not shock me if they cancel the NCAA tournament
    pjhawks said:
    He us a fucking idiot got coaching in that condition. Now he had had heart issues so it’s possible it’s not the virus but there is no excuse for him to be out there when he wasn’t feeling well. Idiotic behavior in Todays world, 

I think if they cancel the tournament, it will be more of a by-product of not finding venues to play in.  They've already announced they will be relocating the site of the Final Four and trying to have all of the regionals played in smaller venues.  The logistics of that alone, may end up forcing the NCAA to cancel.

pjhawks said:

No COVID-19 for Coach Hoiberg.

pjhawks said:

No COVID-19 for Coach Hoiberg.

glad to hear he is doing ok but still idiotic behavior to go to work when sick.  all the experts agree on one thing. if feeling sick stay the heck home.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Conference tourney's cancelled.....I would assume only a matter of time before the big one is as well
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Conference tourney's cancelled.....I would assume only a matter of time before the big one is as well
    The next few days are to me much more fun to watch than even the first 2 rounds of the tourney, such a shame. A couple of unexpected schools always win their way into the tourney this week and now that won't happen (and as you say, odds are getting better by the minute the tourney won't happen either).
    Gonna be weird with basically no sports to watch on TV for some time to come. Gonna be like Groundhog's Day of the day after the MLB All Star Game.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Poncier said:
    The next few days are to me much more fun to watch than even the first 2 rounds of the tourney, such a shame. A couple of unexpected schools always win their way into the tourney this week and now that won't happen (and as you say, odds are getting better by the minute the tourney won't happen either).
    Gonna be weird with basically no sports to watch on TV for some time to come. Gonna be like Groundhog's Day of the day after the MLB All Star Game.
    Still have golf with no "baba booyey's" though.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    March Madness turned into March Sadness very quickly.
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Poncier said:
    Still have golf with no "baba booyey's" though.
    aaaand gone.
    This weekend we rock Portland