ik multimedia amplitube

kigcatkigcat Posts: 298
edited April 2011 in Musicians and Gearheads
hey guys.
its my first post in quite a while. Been lurking alot but not really participating. How is everyone? SInce me and my girlfriend have our own place ive finally got my home studio set up and have actually started getting some ideas down. I recently got a usb mixer on the cheap from were i work (allen and heath) Its a zed10fx and i got it dirt cheap. It came bundled with a copy of amplitube by ik multimedia. Because we are working closely with them (we bundle a strip downed version of it with some of our mixers) i aqcuired quite a few of the expansion packs for it. (the hendrix pack, Metal pack and the fender pack which is awesome by the way) Im using it in conjunction with cubase sx and im actually pleasantly surprised by some of the results it gives for a digital modelling package. Just really wondering if any of you guys use it or have had any experience of it and what your thoughts, tips and tricks are.
I'm not saying stupidity should be a capital offence, but what say we take the safety labels off everything and let nature run it's course?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    while i don't use amplitube (i use pod farm 2) my only real advice is to, and maybe you aren't but i sometimes did, is to forget about trying to emulate the real world exactly, not even as far as settings but even amps. i.e the big marshall in software may not sound like the big marshall in a room.

so i generally just skip through presets to find something that is close to what i want to hear and tweak from there, by ear, not even looking at actual setting values and not carrying what amp model i ended up on.

the nice thing about digital of course is i can tweak and save for individual guitars as well.

ironically, after all that modelling offers, i still only have 3-4 go to presets which are basic amp sounds and i still use my analog pedalboard with those. i've got a clean blackface, a slightly dirty fender tweed, and a vox AC30. just variations on those is all i use.

i have a copy of amplitube from my protools package but that was 6 years ago and it sounds horrible. they've all come so far since then.
  • just bought the iRig from apple store and dl'd a couple free amplitube apps

excited to have the ability to practice/record on the fly or while traveling

also should be for my neighbors (own a unit in a building) when i wanna get my latenight jamsesh on as it should work very nicely through headphones and all be contained in my lap as i sit on the couch or wherever...aaahhh freedom!

8-)
    and fuck me if I say somethin you dont wanna hear, fuck me!
    and fuck me if you only hear what you wanna hear
    fuck me...if I care...but im not leavin here