NBA Jerseys on Amazon, difference between swingman/replica?

2»

Comments

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,731
    81 wrote:
    it's the saint patty's day jersey. they were it on the home game closest to st pattys. i think it looks pretty cool.

i like it better than the black alternate

worst jersey's in america are the oregen ducks 1,000 combination jersey

I guess if it's for St Pattys day that works, I just don't like all the alternate colors these days. Yeah, the black ones are really bad. Forgot about those.

Oregon and Nike are outrageous with all their combinations.
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    340x.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,988
    I love how ridiculous Oregon gets with their uni's.

I wish Hawaii would go back to their Rainbow Warrior helmets. Now those were ridiculous.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    edited January 2011
    I have as actual Bulls uniform from the early 2000s. It was worn by Fred Hoiberg...It is black, so I am thinking it was an alternative road uniform.
    Post edited by JOEJOEJOE on
    montreals prison stripe jersey's are pretty foul

canadiansuglyj450.jpg
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have as actual Bulls uniform from the early 90s. It was worn by Fred Hoiberg...It is black, so I am thinking it was an alternative road uniform.

i'm thinking you are right. :lol: they always play like shit in teh black.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    there are actually two bulls blacks. solid black, and black with red pinstripes. don't think they have broken out hte pinstripes in years. but red pinstripes are pretty bad on black
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    340x.jpg

Those aren't as bad as I thought they would be.

True story, I played against him in high school. Well, I was on the bench, but I was on a team that played his team, haha. Basketball wasn't my sport, played to stay in shape for soccer and lacrosse but that was pretty fucking cool. Dude dunked on one of my buddies like I have never seen a high school kid dunk. Crazy game
    the Rose one back a page doesn't do it justice.

they wore them last year vs. teh Celtics. looked a little strange with the bulls in green and the celtics in white at teh UC.

you played agaist big ben? :lol:

it's a shame how Gordans career has gone in the crapper in detroit. he wishes he was still on the bulls. :(
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    the Rose one back a page doesn't do it justice.

they wore them last year vs. teh Celtics. looked a little strange with the bulls in green and the celtics in white at teh UC.

you played agaist big ben? :lol:

it's a shame how Gordans career has gone in the crapper in detroit. he wishes he was still on the bulls. :(

yeah, it looks a lot better on than just in the picture.

haha, yeah. Well, like I said, I didn't play but I was on the team. Crazy game in the state playoffs, was trying to dig up an article on the game but cant find anything. He was absolutely unreal. Also played against Omar Cook. Now he was a waste of talent.

Yeah, it is shame. I have followed him closely ever since then obviously.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,605
    when buying a jersey, i would always opt for authentic if i were you. it's worth the extra $. personally i would always go old school too. think i'd feel weird wearing a jersey with some kid's name on the back of it. plus you don't have to worry about him leaving via free agency or trade or something.

i can always tell the difference between authentic and knock off...even good knock offs. a lot of people have purchased football jerseys from this japanese site where you can get real good knock off's at a fraction of the cost. i've seen them though and you can always tell something off's with the stitching up close. something like that would bug the living hell out of me.
    www.myspace.com
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
    Hey all,
    I just tried on a Large jersey & a Medium jersey from the store (both Swingman's).
    They didn't have my team (Bulls) so I tried the Lakers jerseys.
    L is a bit too long and baggy for my liking, M looks better on me but it feels tighter on the sides.
    I am 6'2" and 198lbs, am I going too small by choosing M?
    On the tag it had M +2" or something to those words, where the Adidas tag is.

Having said that, do jerseys shrink or stretch a little after a few washes and wears?
    And, are all team Jerseys the same size/cut?
    If the Bulls M is like the Lakers M then I should be okay.

My cousin in the states will get one for me, he can get Swingmans much cheaper than what we pay here in store.

Thanks in advance.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • Break The SkyBreak The Sky Posts: 1,276
    81 wrote:
    montreals prison stripe jersey's are pretty foul

canadiansuglyj450.jpg

WTF are these and why don't I recognize them? Those are Toronto Maple Leaf helmets but Alexei Kovalev never played for them. They look like the really, really old Ottawa Senators jerseys, but why would they be wearing a helmet with a leaf on it?

I'm so fucking confused. :?
    If hope can grow from dirt like me ...
  • stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    I own a lot of jerseys in every sport. And I can tell you there is a big difference between basketball jerseys. Replica, swingman and authentic. Replicas are flimsey with ironed on name and number. And over time and washes the number will peel and crack. Swingman is a higher quality jersey and the number and name are are of higher quality and pressed on. Authentic is what they wear on the court. Jersey is thicker heavier and just better quality. And the name and number are sewn on. You cant beat authentic. trust me I know what i am talking about. But authentic are very expensive. But if you are price comparing between swingman and replica. Swingman is way better quality for the money. If you want a jersey of your favorite player that will last and look good for years to come Nothing beats authentic. But I know very pricey. But if you are looking for a nice jersey for a more reasonable price go swingman all the way.
  • stipe19stipe19 Posts: 237
    no they dont shrink or stretch. But be careful how you wash them cause the name and number will crease and crack if you are not carefull. And most important hang dry them right away. Do not put them in a dryer. and if you do air dry them NO HEAT
    Thanks guys, I am looking at Swingman, I saw the numbers are not flimsy.

Anyone gonna answer my qn about the size lol?
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
    *bump*

Come on peoples, help fit another PJ brother with a NBA jersey!

"L is a bit too long and baggy for my liking, M looks better on me but it feels tighter on the sides.
    I am 6'2" and 198lbs, am I going too small by choosing M?
    On the tag it had M +2" or something to those words, where the Adidas tag is.

Having said that, do jerseys shrink or stretch a little after a few washes and wears?
    And, are all team Jerseys the same size/cut?
    If the Bulls M is like the Lakers M then I should be okay."