ooooooo canada..

neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
god i love when the canadian teams come to MSG

this anthem is sooo much better
i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Traitor
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    Traitor

hey man love the anthem
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • Phantom PainPhantom Pain Posts: 9,876
    Traitor

hey man love the anthem

and the canadian women...
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • polaris_xpolaris_x Posts: 13,559
    it's like carla and eddie's "song" on cheers ... haha
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    That's Funny, i know some people here in Canada that like the American one better.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    In Canada we sing about where we live. I think that's because Canada is a variation of Kanata, a First Nations word that means (Our) Village.

I like the American anthem because it was the first rap song. :lol:

I just found this on the Flag site, it seems there was another verse in the star spangled banner.

Oh! thus be it ever, when freemen shall stand
    Between their loved home and the war's desolation!
    Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
    Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
    Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
    And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
    And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
    O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153

Enjoy the anthem and the beat down by the Cnaucks tonight! Make sure if Henrik is in net tonight he lathers up big time on the sunscreen for the back of his neck!!! 8-)
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Hawkshore wrote:

Enjoy the anthem and the beat down by the Cnaucks tonight! Make sure if Henrik is in net tonight he lathers up big time on the sunscreen for the back of his neck!!! 8-)

Think Kesler is going to get another hat trick? :mrgreen:
    Hawkshore wrote:

i will and we shall see .....
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    meh....not one for patriotic stuff like that...still, it's ok, aside from the 'thy son's command' and 'god keep our land' parts.
    I kinda prefer the star spangled banner to O Canada, cause it reminds me of Leslie Nielsen singing 'bunch of bombs in the air' :)
    I miss the old Soviet anthem...that was some serious shit.
  • eddieceddiec Posts: 3,859
    meh....not one for patriotic stuff like that...still, it's ok, aside from the 'thy son's command' and 'god keep our land' parts.
    I kinda prefer the star spangled banner to O Canada, cause it reminds me of Leslie Nielsen singing 'bunch of bombs in the air' :)
    I miss the old Soviet anthem...that was some serious shit.
    Yeah that Soviet anthem used to freak me out back in the glory days of USA v CCCP.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0yDrtNEr_5M

oh my

is it sad i knew half the song :lol:
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158

oh my

I remember a match with him and HackSaw Jim Duggen, halfway through the song Hacksaw just nailed em with the two by four and pinned him and the ref counted to three, this is when i started questioning is wrestling real?

Thank god it is.

oh my

I remember a match with him and HackSaw Jim Duggen, halfway through the song Hacksaw just nailed em with the two by four and pinned him and the ref counted to three, this is when i started questioning is wrestling real?

Thank god it is.

:lol::lol:

ya know what . i remember that also :mrgreen:
  • HawkshoreHawkshore Posts: 2,153
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

Think Kesler is going to get another hat trick? :mrgreen:

That would be great! It is nice to see how he has picked up the offence side of his game, he has always been a great shut down guy as evidenced by his back to back selke nominations ....but this year he has seemed to developed a great knack for deflecting the puck!
    Van 92.07.21 / Van 98.07.19 / Sea 98.07.22 / Tor 98.08.22 / Sea 00.11.06 / Van 03.05.30/ Van 05.09.02/ Gorge 06.07.22 & 23 / EV Van 08.04.02 / Tor 09.08.21 / Sea 09.09.21 & 22 / Van 09.09.25 / Van 11.09.25 / Van 13.12.04 / Pem 16.07.17 / Sea 18.08.10
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    GO 'NUCKS GO!!! :mrgreen:
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Bump30Bump30 Posts: 446
    fife wrote:
    That's Funny, i know some people here in Canada that like the American one better.

I'm Canadian and think it SUCKS! The American one kicks our butt!
    Toronto - 2009
    Hartford - 2010
    Ed Solo - Hartford - 2011
    Toronto X 2, Ottawa & Hamilton - 2011
    Ed Solo - Jacksonville - 2012
    London, Pittsburgh & Buffalo - 2013
    No shows in 2014 :-(
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,680
    we get both National Anthems in Buffalo every home game no matter the opponent. The only arena in the NHL that does that I think...
  • taking my son Feb 27th.....first trip to MSG to see the Rangahs
    If a man speaks in a forest and there is no woman around to hear him, is he still wrong?
  • pjfan31pjfan31 Posts: 7,331
    I'm an Aussie, and I prefer the New Zealand and South African anthems. We play these teams a bit in Rugby, and they are beautiful anthems. It combines native tongues with English. So Maori with English and Zulu (I think) with English. Beautiful.
    Sydney 11/02/2003
    Sydney 14/02/2003
    Sydney 07/11/2006
    Sydney 18/11/2006
    Sydney 22/11/2009
    EV Sydney 18/03/2011
    EV Sydney 19/03/2011
    EV Sydney 20/03/2011
    Melbourne 24/01/2014
    Sydney 26/01/2014
    EV Sydney 13/02/2014
  • FifthelementFifthelement Posts: 6,958
    pjfan31 wrote:
    I'm an Aussie, and I prefer the New Zealand and South African anthems. We play these teams a bit in Rugby, and they are beautiful anthems. It combines native tongues with English. So Maori with English and Zulu (I think) with English. Beautiful.

Yeah, those are both great anthems. I believe the South African one is tri-lingual: English, Afrikaans and KwaZulu.

I really like our anthem. However, I have to say that the French version is much more interesting even though it's more religious. The US one is cool as well (the Yanks can thank us for the inspiration :lol::lol::lol: )
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • A pretty cool little feature about Lyndon Slewidge and he sings both the US and Canadian national anthems starting at the 2:47 mark.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f9FokNZE ... re=related
    I know we've been to Ohio and I know we've never been to Toledo, and i know i've never smiled while wearing a speedo.
    ~E.V.
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    Hawkshore wrote:

haha, you asked for that
    Rygar wrote:
    Hawkshore wrote:

haha, you asked for that

:lol: aaaaaaahem.... :mrgreen:

figures he plays one of his best games of the year ;)