Options

All You Electronic Guru's, I Have a Question...

JukeeJukee Posts: 4,500
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I have an old satellite radio that I had a subscription for a few years ago. Since then I've bought a new CD player for my car and it's say's that it's satellite radio ready. I'm thinking about getting another subscription but my question is what does satellite radio ready mean? Do I still need to hook up my old satellite radio and plug it into my CD player? Or does it somehow magically just play through my CD player? I googled it but people have many different opinions on how it works.

If you have nothing to lose, you have nothing to worry about.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    what model radio
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    http://shop.sirius.com/edealinv/servlet ... entID=7870

I'm pretty sure it's that one...I would have posted the pic but photobucket's not working for me today.
  • Options
    8181 Needing a ride to Forest Hills and a ounce of weed. Please inquire within. Thanks. Or not. Posts: 58,276
    blocked :lol:

you have a model number for hte car stereo and the sirius radio?

or links to crutchfield.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    I'm at work right now so I don't have the model numbers with me.
  • Options
    FrankieGFrankieG Abingdon MD Posts: 9,095
    "satellite radio ready" means that all you need to do, is contact Sirius with the Serial number on your radio and give them your credit card number. It should play music after you do those 2 things :P ;)
    2003: 7/14 NJ ... 2006: 6/1 NJ, 6/3 NJ ... 2007: 8/5 IL ... 2008: 6/24 NY, 6/25 NY, 8/7 EV NJ ... 2009: 10/27 PA, 10/28 PA, 10/30 PA, 10/31 PA
    2010: 5/20 NY, 5/21 NY ... 2011: 6/21 EV NY, 9/3 WI, 9/4 WI ... 2012: 9/2 PA, 9/22 GA ... 2013: 10/18 NY, 10/19 NY, 10/21 PA, 10/22 PA, 10/27 MD
    2015: 9/23 NY, 9/26 NY ... 2016: 4/28 PA, 4/29 PA, 5/1 NY, 5/2 NY, 6/11 TN, 8/7 MA, 11/4 TOTD PA, 11/5 TOTD PA ... 2018: 8/10 WA ---- http://imgur.com/a/nk0s7
  • Options
    i've done a little snooping on crutchfield.

how you connect will depend on your sirius systems outputs.

check out this for some options. in my case (and i suspect yours), i can get a car only set up that will plug directly into my head unit and all the controlling of stations would be via the HU.

you can also connect via rca or 3.5mm cable depending on your stereo. in this case, you would control the volumue with the car stereo, but the station with the sirius reciever. some of these recievers will broadcast to an FM station. some sound like they also have a cable that will connect and give more control to the HU.

http://www.crutchfield.com/m_247250/Sat ... html?tp=11
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Options
    81 wrote:

check out this for some options. in my case (and i suspect yours), i can get a car only set up that will plug directly into my head unit and all the controlling of stations would be via the HU.

you can also connect via rca or 3.5mm cable depending on your stereo. in this case, you would control the volumue with the car stereo, but the station with the sirius reciever. some of these recievers will broadcast to an FM station. some sound like they also have a cable that will connect and give more control to the HU.

Thanks for you help :D
    Another question I have is will the satellite radio get power from my stereo or will I still need the adapter plugged into my cig lighter?
  • Options
    Jukee wrote:
    81 wrote:

Thanks for you help :D
    Another question I have is will the satellite radio get power from my stereo or will I still need the adapter plugged into my cig lighter?

i'm guessing it would have to plug into your cig lighter if it needs power. the only think i've ever seen a stereo power directly is an ipod.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg