Howard Stern Called This One...

PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
On Monday's show Howard Stern basically predicted something like this would happen...

Ted Williams Detained by Los Angeles Police

Jan 11, 2011 – 2:19 PM

AOL News This time, Ted Williams' voice may have gotten him into trouble.

The homeless man turned celebrity was detained briefly by police after allegedly getting into an argument with his daughter at a Hollywood hotel.

Police went to the Renaissance Hotel after receiving a call around 9 p.m. Monday and brought Williams, 53, and his daughter in for questioning, Los Angeles TV station KTLA reported. LAPD Officer Catherine Massey told the station that no arrests were made and that the two were released after about an hour in what Massey described as a minor incident.

"Both parties were angry, but there were no signs of visible abuse," Massey told The Associated Press. "They were brought in, calmed down, talked to and released." Massey declined to reveal the daughter's name.

Williams, a homeless Ohioan who has a lengthy criminal record, became an overnight celebrity after his radio-friendly voice was videotaped by a Columbus Dispatch reporter and put on YouTube, where it went viral. He has since made appearances on national television and has received numerous job offers.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    You know we named a tunnel after him here in Boston.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRzU2VGHz1DO_HbgsFhfjrUKIdsO_Z16nSnczLvJz--UC-1_Dh1
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    14:58

14:59

And

15:00
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    i'm sure kraft is thrilled :lol::lol:
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    "Cheesy noodles topped with golden breadcrumbs, YOU STUPID &^#*(#R."
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
    This is from his Wikipedia. Note the Kraft spot "Dad's in the Doghouse" :lol:

Voice-over work
    Today, January 6, 2011 - (Lead in)[16]
    Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, January 6, 2011[18]
    The Rachel Maddow Show, January 6, 2011[19]
    MSNBC's "Lean Forward" campaign, January 6, 2011
    Kraft's "You Know You Love It: Dad's in the Doghouse" Macaroni and Cheese campaign, January 7, 2011
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    PJGirl321 wrote:
    On Monday's show Howard Stern basically predicted something like this would happen...

Ted Williams Detained by Los Angeles Police

Jan 11, 2011 – 2:19 PM

AOL News This time, Ted Williams' voice may have gotten him into trouble.

The homeless man turned celebrity was detained briefly by police after allegedly getting into an argument with his daughter at a Hollywood hotel.

Police went to the Renaissance Hotel after receiving a call around 9 p.m. Monday and brought Williams, 53, and his daughter in for questioning, Los Angeles TV station KTLA reported. LAPD Officer Catherine Massey told the station that no arrests were made and that the two were released after about an hour in what Massey described as a minor incident.

"Both parties were angry, but there were no signs of visible abuse," Massey told The Associated Press. "They were brought in, calmed down, talked to and released." Massey declined to reveal the daughter's name.

Williams, a homeless Ohioan who has a lengthy criminal record, became an overnight celebrity after his radio-friendly voice was videotaped by a Columbus Dispatch reporter and put on YouTube, where it went viral. He has since made appearances on national television and has received numerous job offers.

I heard Howard say that too. But it's pretty easy to predict as well. Williams was also quoted saying something like he could really use an anti-nerve pill. Geez. :lol:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    "Cheesy noodles topped with golden breadcrumbs, YOU STUPID &^#*(#R."

:lol::lol::lol:
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    howard stern is still around and people still listen or care? ghost of Andrew Dice Clay
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjhawks wrote:
    howard stern is still around and people still listen or care? ghost of Andrew Dice Clay

bigger than ever actually
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • SidnumSidnum Posts: 674
    pjhawks wrote:

Dude, what are you talking about? :lol: He is to radio what PJ is to music.
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Sidnum wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

nice
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,436
    Sidnum wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no doubt he changed radio and is a legend, but been there done that. same sthick different decade. no longer the king of all media, going to satellite lined his pockets but lost his cache - he is slightly above irrelevant now.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    pjhawks wrote:
    Sidnum wrote:
    pjhawks wrote:

no doubt he changed radio and is a legend, but been there done that. same sthick different decade. no longer the king of all media, going to satellite lined his pockets but lost his cache - he is slightly above irrelevant now.

maybe to you...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    So they are essentially helping this guy compete against them in an industry where 10% of the talent pool gets 90% of the work. :lolno:

http://www.etonline.com/news/106364_LA_ ... _Williams/
  • MrMerkinballMrMerkinball Posts: 1,978
    what is it we are dealing with here?

a) daughter cashing in on Daddy's fame?

b) Daddy isn't as clean and Born Again as he made out to be

c) both?

c) both?

d) The media trying to make a "feel good story" out of a homeless guy based on the fact that he had a "golden voice" and having it blow up in their faces in a matter of days.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • dcfaithful wrote:

c) both?

d) The media trying to make a "feel good story" out of a homeless guy based on the fact that he had a "golden voice" and having it blow up in their faces in a matter of days.

that's why baby steps are always the best anwer right?--that's what I'm taking away from this anyway.
    dcfaithful wrote:

c) both?

that's why baby steps are always the best anwer right?--that's what I'm taking away from this anyway.

The media will continue to make the same mistakes for as long as it exists.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Homeless people are usually homeless because they have a mental problem. I don't care how good this guys voice is, his life is not together for a reason.
    Homeless people are usually homeless because they have a mental problem. I don't care how good this guys voice is, his life is not together for a reason.

A homeless person with a mental problem and say, maybe no family or friends to fall back on I can sympathize.

I have a hard time sympathizing homeless people that got there through drugs and alcohol. Nobody put the bottle and crack pipe to your mouth, you shouldn't have allowed yourself to hit rock bottom. So really, I don't know why this guy has been givin such a huge spotlight...
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    dcfaithful wrote:

A homeless person with a mental problem and say, maybe no family or friends to fall back on I can sympathize.

I have a hard time sympathizing homeless people that got there through drugs and alcohol. Nobody put the bottle and crack pipe to your mouth, you shouldn't have allowed yourself to hit rock bottom. So really, I don't know why this guy has been givin such a huge spotlight...
    I blame Oprah
    dcfaithful wrote:

I blame Oprah
    For drawing attention to this guy? I didn't know she was involved... but yeah, if that's the case I will too.

Just cause the guys got a "golden voice" doesn't mean shit. Sorry. He's on the streets because of his own actions, so why should he be pitied to the point of being given an awesome job, a huge spotlight, etc...

I think there are plenty of other people out there that might be more deserving.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:

you should learn more about addiction, dc...it's really not as simple as not allowing yourself to hit rock bottom
    norm wrote:
    dcfaithful wrote:

you should learn more about addiction, dc...it's really not as simple as not allowing yourself to hit rock bottom

I know. I'm reading my posts now and thinking they sound a little harsh. Having a sibling who suffered from addiction for the majority of her life, I really don't brush off the severity of addiction. I guess for some reason the media is what is really bothering me here. I hope this guy gets the help he needs.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    of course ted is the best judge on whether he should leave rehab after 2 weeks :roll:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41255104/ ... id=twitter
    norm wrote:
    of course ted is the best judge on whether he should leave rehab after 2 weeks :roll:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/41255104/ ... id=twitter

Probably had a party to go to in Malibu or something.