Today I sacked my biggest client....

nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
....and it feels so goooood! It's a shame they were my biggest customer but never mind it had to be done. I've been working for this company for 16 years and have had a very good working relationship with the head honcho. Unfortunately she had an increasing workload due to expansion and a new Marketing Manger was brought in August 2009. The first time I met this woman it was mutual dislike, I just didn't like her and she disliked me because I wasn't her appointment. She is extremely attractive and had the right smile but my 6th sense was alert straight away. I've only lasted this long because the chief insisted I continued doing the work.

I've never dealt with a more incompetent individual in my life, with never ending changes to everything and briefs that might as well have been written in Chinese. Last year when I went on holiday she insisted on knowing my suppliers name who was putting together part of a project we were working on. A month later the supplier told me she was contacting them directly but they refused to deal with her because I was their customer and they wouldn't go up against me. This really pissed her and me off and I told her if she wanted to use someone directly find her own supplier and not mine.

Last month it came to a head when she asked me to quote about 10 jobs. It took all day to sort it out and I sent her the prices. She sent an email to another guy asking for prices and somehow included my email address. She told him if he undercut my prices even by £5 he'd get all the work. I didn't see one of those jobs.

Today I received another email from her in her normal impolite, arrogant style asking for quotes for another batch. I had great pleasure in replying saying I wasn't interested in dealing with her again and not to contact me as I thought she was rude, unethical and disorganised. Just for good measure I copied her boss in.

The funny thing is she has no contract with me, I own the copyrite for all my artwork files and she'll need quite a few of them. I'm just working out how much I'll charge.

I suppose I'll have to do a bit of selling now but it's so worth it.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments