Ghostbusters 3

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
ugh...i hope it's good but it probably won't be...the original is just so damn good

Ivan Reitman, who directed and produced the first two Ghostbusters movies, has confirmed that Ghostbusters 3 is ready to go.

In an interview with ComingSoon.net, Reitman revealed that the script is finished, calling it "really good."

"All the original characters have parts," he said about the plot. "As well as a whole bunch of new characters. It's got a really good story, this one, maybe the best of the whole series. I hope we get to do it."

Reitman also dismissed Internet rumors that lead star Bill Murray had read the script and disliked it.

"He has not read a thing. There is almost nothing that is accurate online about that film."

The director's most recent project is No Strings Attached, a romantic comedy starring Natalie Portman and Ashton Kutcher. The film opens Jan. 21.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/i ... ript-69690
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Why can't they just do something original, and leave the older movies alone?
  • Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
    Bill murry hates that there is gonna be GB3. Iv read a few articles about it and iv seen him talk about it on letterman.
    I'll be back
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
    It's got a really good story, this one, maybe the best of the whole series.

Why would they hype it up like that?
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • it can't be any worse than ghostbusters 2.
  • ZiggyStarZiggyStar Posts: 14,328
    Are we really this devoid of original ideas? It has become fucking ridiculous.
    ★ 1995 - Brisbane ★ 1998 - Brisbane ★ 2003 - Brisbane ★ 2006 - Brisbane ★
    ★ 2009 - Sydney, Brisbane, Auckland, Christchurch ★
    ★ 2011 - EV Newcastle, Melbourne 1, Melbourne 2 ★
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Guys.. its a sequel. Not a remake.

Ghostbusters 2 was awesome.. The Empire Strikes Back is the greatest movie of all time.. Sequels. Not remakes.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    my friend's 4 year and 2 year old boys love Ghostbusters lol, they have both movies

she skyped my this morning and the 4 year old was singing the theme song while holding her blackburry and dancing, fucking funny how into Ghostbusters he is
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    I think this movie has a lot more comedic potential than 2. A bunch of old guys fighting ghosts could be potentially hilarious. I'm not sure about bringing in younger people because it's been done.
  • dustinparduedustinpardue Posts: 1,829
    Ghostbusters 2 was just tragic. I hope there isn't going to a 3.
    "All I Ever Knew" available now in print and digital formats at Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and iBooks.
  • rival.rival. Posts: 7,775
    been waiting for this movie for years. and until i am sitting in a movie theater watching it, i won't know what to make of all these interviews. it's happening, not happening, 2011, 2012, happening, not happening.

hilarious: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcJPBVW-iiM
  • Ghostbusters 2 was just tragic. I hope there isn't going to a 3.

You're being a little hard on it. I think Ghostbusters 2 is good fun. Of course it's not as good as the first one, but it's still enjoyable and quotable. And I'll never forget the level of excitement that my 6 year old self had seeing it on opening day.

That said, I do no support the notion of Ghostbusters 3.
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • chiquimonkeychiquimonkey Posts: 9,337
    Guys.. its a sequel. Not a remake.

Ghostbusters 2 was awesome.. The Empire Strikes Back is the greatest movie of all time.. Sequels. Not remakes.
    I know it's a sequel, but just in general, it seems when the creative well runs dry, Hollywood defaults to either a remake or a sequel. It'd just be nice to see more original stuff put out is all :)
  • Cree NationsCree Nations Posts: 2,247
    Is the third Ghostbusters movie happening? What's the story with that?

It's all a bunch of crock. It's a crock. There was a story—and I gotta be careful here, I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. When I hurt someone's feelings, I really want to hurt them. [laughs] Harold Ramis said, Oh, I've got these guys, they write on The Office, and they're really funny. They're going to write the next Ghostbusters. And they had just written this movie that he had directed.

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebri ... z1AfSorcmL
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • It cant be good, the Keymaster of Goezer will see to that.
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    Is the third Ghostbusters movie happening? What's the story with that?

It's all a bunch of crock. It's a crock. There was a story—and I gotta be careful here, I don't want to hurt someone's feelings. When I hurt someone's feelings, I really want to hurt them. [laughs] Harold Ramis said, Oh, I've got these guys, they write on The Office, and they're really funny. They're going to write the next Ghostbusters. And they had just written this movie that he had directed.

Read More http://www.gq.com/entertainment/celebri ... z1AfSorcmL

that was a fantastic read. what a great article. thanks for posting....loved the garfield story

incidentally, it sounds like he's doing ghostbusters
    www.myspace.com
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Ghostbusters 2 was just tragic. I hope there isn't going to a 3.

Doe, Ray, Egon! ;)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Dan Aykroyd confirms on today's show that there will be a 'Ghostbusters 3' next year.

As Aykroyd says, they "have an excellent script," which includes a new cast of characters (Aykroyd likes Matthew Gray Gubler for one of the roles). Hear the deets, including a cursory timeline of the project.

http://dennismillerradio.com/b/Ghostbus ... 69639.html
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    I thought the video game that came out a few years back was technically "Ghostbusters 3". I thought I read somewhere that Aykroyd and Ramis basically took the script for the movie they had given up on, and decided to make it a video game instead. Anyways, I'm always game for some more Ghostbusters.

That game was awesome by the way.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    Bobby brown cameo in ghostbusters 2. Gold