Help save my local cinema, please. UPDATED

ClaireackClaireack Posts: 13,561
edited April 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
The third protest rally was yesterday and it was announced that the ownders of the building have offered the building to the community for a price of £750,000. The offer is on the table until the end of April, so there's going to be some frantic fundraising in Penrith.

Thanks to everyone who signed the petition, it really has helped.

I've put some pictures in the end of the tread if anyone wants to take a look, they're not great I'm still getting the hang of the camera. :D

*********************************************************************************************************************************

It's probably a bit daft to put this on here, but I'm doing it anyway.

The building owners of my local cinema have not renewed the cinema lease as they have decided that our small town (pop approx. 15,000) would benefit more from an all day pub (Witherspoons I believe). This is despite the cinema being a profitable business, even in these harsh economic times.

As with many small towns we are limited to what there is available for kids/teenagers to do, especially when they reach the age that they can start to do things independantly. This is one of the few things they can do.

I would be really grateful if any of you could find the time to sign this petition, the more names we have the better. There was a protest today which received local press coverage and there will be one again next Saturday.

http://www.gopetition.com/petition/41817.html

Thank you.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments