Couple aborts twin boys for girl

Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Posts: 15,165
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victor ... 5983885268

Disgusting, absolutely disgusting.
How did they get the okay to do such a thing?!
Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• propro Posts: 134
    It is absolutely disgusting. The daughter will be a reminder for the guilt for the rest of their lives.
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    i am most definitely pro choice

BUT

killing two babies because they are the wrong sex is an abomination
    what in the hell can they be thinking
    what about the sons they already have?
    oh, sorry we killed your little brothers because we have enough boys

FUCKING HELL
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • sabreleafsabreleaf Posts: 310
    I need a license for my German Shepherd guard dogs. But any asshole with only two cents to their name or the education of a rat can have kids.
  • People that psychologically damaged shouldn't be having kids at all.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    pro wrote:
    It is absolutely disgusting. The daughter will be a reminder for the guilt for the rest of their lives.

she will be a reminder for the daughter theyve already lost.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • SH17171SH17171 Posts: 425
    chickweed wrote:

BUT

FUCKING HELL
    Agree with every word you wrote
    Get Yer Ya-Ya's Out
  • I see nothing wrong with this. Abortion is not murdering babies. I'm pro choice and these people made a choice. Who am I to judge them for that?
    I knew it all along, see?
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    these people make me sick. why not just adopt a girl?

when they attempted to procreate i guess they obviously knew they were going to abort if it was a boy since they only wanted a girl. premeditated abortion. :lol: what a world we live in folks...
    www.myspace.com
  • If you're pro-abortion, like I am, you obviously must look at it as something that is not immoral.

Why, then, is this case so bad? The couple didn't want two more sons? Should they have toughed it out and potentially been subpar parents to the boys?
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    The only thing thee people are is selfish. When you have children, gender preference should be the last thing on your mind.
  • The only thing thee people are is selfish. When you have children, gender preference should be the last thing on your mind.

So the "choice" part of "Pro-Choice" should only extend so far?
    If you're pro-abortion, like I am, you obviously must look at it as something that is not immoral.

Why, then, is this case so bad? The couple didn't want two more sons? Should they have toughed it out and potentially been subpar parents to the boys?

yes. or put them up for adoption.

not sure why you assume they'd be subpar parents just because of their gender though.... :?
    www.myspace.com
  • If you're pro-abortion, like I am, you obviously must look at it as something that is not immoral.

not sure why you assume they'd be subpar parents just because of their gender though.... :?

I said potentially. I'm not assuming, but, considering they want a girl bad enough to abort twin boys, is it really a far out hypothesis to say they might've created issues with these boys had they been brought into the world?

Also, it's easy to say "put them up for adoption," but there are so many kids who spend their entire childhoods waiting to be adopted.
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    So the "choice" part of "Pro-Choice" should only extend so far?

Yeah. To the point that you have sex and accept all the responsibility that can come with it.
    If you're pro-abortion, like I am, you obviously must look at it as something that is not immoral.

I said potentially. I'm not assuming, but, considering they want a girl bad enough to abort twin boys, is it really a far out hypothesis to say they might've created issues with these boys had they been brought into the world?

Also, it's easy to say "put them up for adoption," but there are so many kids who spend their entire childhoods waiting to be adopted.

just because someone wants a girl doesn't mean they won't treat a son the same. if that is the case, they shouldn't attempt to procreate in the first place. cuz, ya know, there's kinda a 50/50 chance you'll get boy. :lol: i would really like to have a son, but if it's a daughter, i'm not gonna abort her. come on man.

if those kids had a choice, i'd bet they'd choose "waiting to be adopted" rather than being dead.

i'm pro choice to an extent...these dopes apparently are the extent.
    www.myspace.com
  • haffajappahaffajappa Posts: 5,955
    Mixed feelings on this one.

Shouldn't this be on the MT?
    live pearl jam is best pearl jam
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    I have a friend who was part of a situation like this. She and her partner ended up adopting the twin girls the parents wanted to abort when because they wanted boys. There was a crazy surrogate and it was really complicated. The happy ending? The girls are doing great.

I'm pro-choice too, but choosing abortion because of gender is too kooky for me.

http://findarticles.com/p/news-articles ... _8002/is_2
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Enkidu wrote:
    I have a friend who was part of a situation like this. She and her partner ended up adopting the twin girls the parents wanted to abort when because they wanted boys. There was a crazy surrogate and it was really complicated. The happy ending? The girls are doing great.

I'm pro-choice too, but choosing abortion because of gender is too kooky for me.

#1.

And suppose the long-desired girl is brunette, when what they really wanted was blonde. Or, heaven forbid, she turns out to be a tomboy instead of a princess.

Someone said it perfectly above when they said that people this psychologically damaged should not be having children.
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
    Enkidu wrote:

#1.

And suppose the long-desired girl is brunette, when what they really wanted was blonde. Or, heaven forbid, she turns out to be a tomboy instead of a princess.

Someone said it perfectly above when they said that people this psychologically damaged should not be having children.

people need to realize life is not about perfection.
    www.myspace.com
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    funny how they don't show their faces.

Thanks to eugenics, there are a lot of people like this. Disgusting.

I think it's bad enough people abort because of a baby having Down syndrome. (My daughter has DS)

This sick need for exactly what 'parents' want in a child does no good for the child, if the selfish needs of the parents trumps the needs of the child.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    The man said: "After what we have been through we are due for a bit of luck. We want to be given the opportunity to have a girl."

The woman, who is consumed by grief over the daughter who died soon after birth, admits she has become obsessed with having a daughter and it has become vital to her psychological health.

OK, so they have 3 sons, and a infant daughter died at birth. Should the public really feel sorry for these people? They already have 3 healthy children. MANY couples have difficulty getting pregnant at all. Most folks are grateful to have any kids. When is enough, enough? These people have been blessed, they are already lucky, but it's never enough for some people...
  • chickweed wrote:

BUT

FUCKING HELL

happens in China all the time
    Rock me Jesus, roll me Lord...
    Wash me in the blood of Rock & Roll
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    That's disgusting when some people can't even have kids!!!! :x
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    haffajappa wrote:
    Mixed feelings on this one.

Shouldn't this be on the MT?

My first thoughts too. :(

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• The man said: "After what we have been through we are due for a bit of luck. We want to be given the opportunity to have a girl."

and three healthy boys is not lucky then? :shock:

i know a couple who tried for years and years to have children, couldn't afford IVF, eventually saved up for it (worked their asses off) and spent all of their savings on it. Successfully concieved triplets - a few days after they were born two of them died.

And this couple who have three boys feel like they're not blessed?

I'm pro choice but I'm not pro - designer babies.
    I feel mixed up about this case though. It is her choice whether she wanted to have the babies or not. But gender discrimination is not okay.

But I suppose if she had had those two sons she would still be grieving for a daughter and so wouldn't pay attention to them? And I suppose it's better that she doesn't want to give birth to a whole football team in her effort to get a girl. I know a lot of people who have like fifty daughters because they keep trying for a son.
    "I'm sorry they lost their daughter but, in the interests of society as a whole, they should seek some counselling for their grief and look for another way of getting a daughter into their family," he said.

"They sound like good parents and could offer a home to a child who needs one."

He suggested they could adopt from overseas.

This guy knows what he's talking about IMO
    they should get the woman some counselling
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    I have always been pro-choice but I don't think it's right to pick and choose the sex of your baby. A child is a child and you either get what your given and be thankful or you don't have one at all. I was watching this programme a little while ago and this woman had 5 boys and wanted a girl. She got pregnant and went to her 20 week scan and when she found out it was another boy, she broke down in tears, completely disappointed and beside herself. All I could think was, what a stupid, selfish bitch! What kind of start does that little tyke have if the mother is disappointed and he's not even here yet!!! Poor bubby, I'm sure some other couple who have been trying for years would have him gladly!
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014