Options

Anyone travelling to the Montreal shows??

ACCBootlegGoddessACCBootlegGoddess Posts: 4,184
edited July 2008 in The Porch
I've heard a lot of talk about the 2 Toronto shows, but is anyone making the trip to Montreal the weekend before??

I'm thinking about making the trip.
"Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    bovy_jbovy_j Posts: 1,008
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Not me. I think 2 EV solo shows is enough for me and i will find a way (somehow) to get a ticket to both Massey Hall shows.

How many are you planning to go to?

I'm thinking on going, yet unsure at this moment.
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,945
    I've heard a lot of talk about the 2 Toronto shows, but is anyone making the trip to Montreal the weekend before??

I'm thinking about making the trip.

i was thinking about making the trip too! cause it's a weekend jam in montreal. fly into montreal the saturday morning. do the 2 montreal shows & the 2 wishlist foundation preparties. then head to toronto the 11th. do the 2 toronto show's & 2 wishlist foundation preparties. then leave out from toronto to halifax the 14th.

thinking .. thinking ..
    so many options, what to do? d'oh!
  • Options
    VartVart Posts: 291
    If I can get tickets I'll be at both Montreal shows.
    PJ: 8/27/00 4/29/03 9/15/05 5/12/06 6/28/08 6/30/08 8/21/09 5/15/10 5/21/10 9/11/11 9/12/11 9/14/11 10/25/13 10/27/13 10/29/13 10/30/13 8/5/16 8/7/16 9/2/18 9/4/18
    EV: 8/09/08 8/10/08 6/08/09 6/09/09 6/18/11
  • Options
    wilkinswilkins Posts: 68
    If I can get tickets I hope to go to 1 Montreal 1 Toronto, or both Montreals. Hopefully driving to Montreal from Saint John, New Brunswick, if that's the cheapest travel arrangement.

How hard do you think it'll be to get 10C tix to Montreal, I know Toronto is going to be brutal.
    Keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    northcountrygirlnorthcountrygirl Montréal, Canada Posts: 136
    wilkins wrote:
    If I can get tickets I hope to go to 1 Montreal 1 Toronto, or both Montreals. Hopefully driving to Montreal from Saint John, New Brunswick, if that's the cheapest travel arrangement.

How hard do you think it'll be to get 10C tix to Montreal, I know Toronto is going to be brutal.

I really hope it won't be that bad. I live in Montreal but won't be here for both nights so I will try for TO 2nd night....fingers cross...
  • Options
    keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    From Ottawa!
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Options
    wilkinswilkins Posts: 68
    Assuming I get tix, I will be staying in Ottawa and driving to Montreal and TO...

We'll have to all check back in to see how everyone made out/travel arrangements.
    Keep on rockin'!
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Not me. I think 2 EV solo shows is enough for me and i will find a way (somehow) to get a ticket to both Massey Hall shows.

How many are you planning to go to?

As of right now the 2 Toronto shows are the only ones I'm 100% committed to going to. Montreal is just something I'm toying with since its on a weekend, but I'm a little hurting financially right now because its so soon after New York.
    If I can do it on the cheap I'll do it, but if not I'm happy with just Toronto.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    I'm in the same boat ~ the recent tour cost me a lot of money and I can't justify the Montreal shows. Plus, I agree that these shows are special and everyone should get a chance to see 1 or 2, so I won't go overboard like i usually do for Pearl Jam :)

Exactly...and as we saw on the West coast leg, Ed doesn't really change his setlist up much so not sure its worth it to see 4 shows.
  • Options
    BeerBaron wrote:
    Especially when there is still an outside chance of some PJ VFC shows in the fall ... would rather save my money for those ... just in case!

ohh ya! good call! I wasn't sure this was going to happen with the event in EV's life approaching that I'll get banned for mentioning directly on here.