Really silly accessories on cars

JonnyPistachioJonnyPistachio Posts: 10,217
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
I was walking through a parking lot and there were 2-3 cars with windshield wipers on the headlights!
Do any of you have wipers on your headlights? DO they work? Are you like, "YES, I can see so much better in the rain because of these itsy bitsy wipers that go back and forth to get the rain off my lights!"

What a silly idea.

Also, lights that come out of the hood are silly. I had a fiero once. Only one light came up. The other one blinked up and down like mad until it broke half way-up, wonky eyed. I jammed a coke bottle under it to keep it up. I've even seen a hundred and 47 corvettes with one eye closed. Silly.

What other useless accessories are out there on cars?
Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DissidentmanDissidentman Posts: 15,378
    Coffee can exhausts
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Coffee can exhausts

agreeed
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    i like the pop up lights on corvettes.

agreed on the headlight wipers

what's that car, the kia sol that has speakers with neon lights. stupid

cup holders. my truck has 9 of them. really. nine
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • BinauralJamBinauralJam Posts: 14,158
    Flower holder on the VW Beetle.
  • Airbags in a Porsche. Seriously, you get in a crash in a tiny car like that, you don't wanna make it out alive.
    MSG II 5/21/10
    Tres Mts. Gramercy Theatre 3/26/11
    *formerly manutd3581
  • I was walking through a parking lot and there were 2-3 cars with windshield wipers on the headlights!
    Do any of you have wipers on your headlights? DO they work? Are you like, "YES, I can see so much better in the rain because of these itsy bitsy wipers that go back and forth to get the rain off my lights!"

What a silly idea.

You don't live in an environment where it snows all winter and snow/ice/salt crust/sand build up on your headlights...to be fair. Those are most seen on Saabs/Volvos... :)
    "Trial and error isn't a bad way to learn how to build an aircraft, but it can be a disastrous way to learn how to build a civilization..."
  • Flower holder on the VW Beetle.

are you sure thats not a shot glass?
    Pick up my debut novel here on amazon: Jonny Bails Floatin (in paperback) (also available on Kindle for $2.99)
  • 81 wrote:

with that many drinks in the car its a wonder they didnt install a urinal.. Or did they? ;)
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,282
    An Apple sticker/icon.

Those people are really pathetic!!
    81 wrote:

with that many drinks in the car its a wonder they didnt install a urinal.. Or did they? ;)

bumper-dumper.jpg

anouther thread that ended up in the crapper :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Nutsacks for truck hitches have to be in the top 5. At least it makes identifying morons much easier.
    throttle by wire. hate it.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    mca47 wrote:
    An Apple sticker/icon.

Those people are really pathetic!!
    It is confusing. I'm not sure if the driver is part of the gay pride movement, a hipster, or a nerd.
  • LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
    spoiler.jpg

:lol::lol:
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
    i never liked/understood Moon Roofs or Sun Roofs, buy a convertable or dont, what the hell do you get out of a glass roof?
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Jason P wrote:
    Nutsacks for truck hitches have to be in the top 5. At least it makes identifying morons much easier.

very
    VERY
    true
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • I was walking through a parking lot and there were 2-3 cars with windshield wipers on the headlights!

What a silly idea.

You don't live in an environment where it snows all winter and snow/ice/salt crust/sand build up on your headlights...to be fair. Those are most seen on Saabs/Volvos... :)

aww man, I didnt even think of that! haha, we're ignorant to anything but rain down here :P

man, I like sun roofs.. I think they're awesome. Too many problems with convertables. Plus, with a sunroof, you can stand up and act like you're driving a tank.
    i don't buy the snow/salt arguement. i've been driving in that crap for years and never needed wipers for my headlights.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    brakes
    I was walking through a parking lot and there were 2-3 cars with windshield wipers on the headlights!

What a silly idea.

aww man, I didnt even think of that! haha, we're ignorant to anything but rain down here :P

man, I like sun roofs.. I think they're awesome. Too many problems with convertables. Plus, with a sunroof, you can stand up and act like you're driving a tank.

snickers_sunroof.JPG

Tank huh? well your startin to make it sound more fun.
  • Flower holder on the VW Beetle.

There's a reason for this: VW didn't want to put in an ashtray in the new beetle due to a (really bad) joke; How do you get 20 jews into a Volks Wagen - you put them in the ashtrey. So VW decided to show their better side and put in a flowerpot, and when you buy one from new (at least in Denmark) it has a little alp viol in it.

But silliest one I've seen is clip-on exhaust pipes. Does nothing at all to any carperformance what so ever and it's plastic.
    Have fun, walk hard and stay alive.
    Hairy Dane wrote:

There's a reason for this: VW didn't want to put in an ashtray in the new beetle due to a (really bad) joke; How do you get 20 jews into a Volks Wagen - you put them in the ashtrey. So VW decided to show their better side and put in a flowerpot, and when you buy one from new (at least in Denmark) it has a little alp viol in it.

But silliest one I've seen is clip-on exhaust pipes. Does nothing at all to any carperformance what so ever and it's plastic.

Good Lord! Well i guess that was nice of them.
    Makes it look like a Chicks car.
    otherwise i would have gotten one back in 2004, instead of getting a Golf.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdLJ7Pox9Y

I brought it just because of this commercial, but it turned out the sound system sucks if your not in the driver seat :evil:
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I always wondered why my vehicle came with a satellite dish on it.....it's not like I can pick up any cable signals while traveling at the speed of light. :roll:

mf03.jpg
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
    81 wrote:
    i don't buy the snow/salt arguement. i've been driving in that crap for years and never needed wipers for my headlights.

I'm going to have to agree. The only problem I have had on my headlights is a shitload of ice...and miniature wipers will only get their asses kicked by that.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I always wondered why my vehicle came with a satellite dish on it.....it's not like I can pick up any cable signals while traveling at the speed of light. :roll:

mf03.jpg

You drive that thing, your braver than i thought.
    Hairy Dane wrote:

Good Lord! Well i guess that was nice of them.
    Makes it look like a Chicks car.
    otherwise i would have gotten one back in 2004, instead of getting a Golf.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBdLJ7Pox9Y

I brought it just because of this commercial, but it turned out the sound system sucks if your not in the driver seat :evil:

it is a chicks car

just curious, does the golf have an ashtray?

actually, i don't by that theory. a lot of car companies simply stopped putting in ashtrays as smoking was/is on the decline. some were selling an ashtray as an upgrade option.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    dcfaithful wrote:

mf03.jpg

You drive that thing, your braver than i thought.

looks a bit flimsey.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • nuffingmannuffingman Posts: 3,014
    I was once given a lift by a guy in a Rolls Royce. He had golf tees in a compartment between the front seats and I asked what they were for. "I rest my balls on them when I'm driving" he said. Those Rolls Royce fuckers think of everything.
    Turn signals too. No use for them as they've got to be one of the most under-used features. :x
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    Lizard wrote:
    spoiler.jpg

:lol::lol:

Now that has GOT to be illegal. I would be very irritated if I was a traffic cop.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)