What brand watches do you all have?

musicismylife78musicismylife78 Posts: 6,116
edited January 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
i have a basic timex digital watch but the clasp broke, so im looking for a new watch. Anyone have any suggestions? I'd prefer the digital kind. What brand and kind of watches do you all have?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,009
    recently got back into wearing them. all my watch's are classic clockface, prefer that old schoolish look to them. two timex's, a Waltham -prestige model, and a steelers watch my exwife got me a couple years ago through avon?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Timed...takes a lickin keeps on tickin.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Seiko analog. I'll never wear a digital.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I don't wear watches and other than my phone and microwave I don't have a clock. I have no need to know what time it is.
    I'll be back
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    I have a couple of Kenneth Cole watches. Durable and looks good when I step out with the old lady.
  • Watches are obsolete at this point. Cellphones are great for me because I hate having things on my wrists. Kindof a weird phobia of mine. Although I'd love to have an old timey pocket watch. There's a certain gentlemanly quality with pocket watch on a cool chain.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • LikeAnOceanLikeAnOcean Posts: 7,718
    Watches are obsolete at this point. Cellphones are great for me because I hate having things on my wrists. Kindof a weird phobia of mine. Although I'd love to have an old timey pocket watch. There's a certain gentlemanly quality with pocket watch on a cool chain.

A watch is pretty much a fashion accessory in the 21st century.. and even before cell phones, I hated wearing them anyways. I thought they were uncomfortable and looked funny without sleeves.

I could see wearing one if I was a business man with a suit. More about appearance.
  • a columbia and a piaget

hopefully a omega someday 8-)
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I have a big collection of watches, but I rarely use them! I love watches, but anytime I get tempted to buy a new one, I remind myself that it will simply sit in a box!

However, my wife gave me a very swank Nixon watch as a wedding present, so when I do wear a watch, it is the Nixon. (sound like the most interesting man in the world's comment about beer!)
  • EnkiduEnkidu Posts: 2,996
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:
    I have a big collection of watches, but I rarely use them! I love watches, but anytime I get tempted to buy a new one, I remind myself that it will simply sit in a box!

However, my wife gave me a very swank Nixon watch as a wedding present, so when I do wear a watch, it is the Nixon. (sound like the most interesting man in the world's comment about beer!)

I had a Nixon watch that lasted for years and years - kind of surfer-ish with a rubber watchband. I have a new Nixon that's okay, but not as great as the first one.
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    Enkidu wrote:
    JOEJOEJOE wrote:

I had a Nixon watch that lasted for years and years - kind of surfer-ish with a rubber watchband. I have a new Nixon that's okay, but not as great as the first one.

As long as it lasts longer then Nixon's 2nd presidency, i will be happy! D'oh!
  • An Omega and a Baume & Mercier - both graduation gifts (undergrad & grad). I feel totally lost without a watch! I am a planner - I need to know what time it is! :oops:
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • CAVSTARR313CAVSTARR313 Posts: 8,756
    Swatch Watch.. oh wait.. do they still make those??
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    Abrn Hlls '98 - Clarkston 2 '03 - Grd Rpds '06 - Abrn Hlls '06 - Clvd '10 - PJ20 - Berlin 1+2 '12 - Wrigley '13 - Pitt '13- buff '13- Philly 1+2 '13 - Seattle '13
  • im one of those people who dislikes cellphones, i have one, but i rarely use it, and rarely carry it around with me. For me its like a basic house phone. So I dont know what time it is without a watch. But yeah, i know, it seems like watches are a thing of the past, when people check the time, they dont check their wrist, they stick their hands in the pockets and pull out the cell phone...
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    Swatch Watch.. oh wait.. do they still make those??

u took my answer :lol:

sea%20grapes%20swatch%20watches_thm.jpg
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA
    I always wear my watch when i go out. Never ise the cell for time
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • adam42381adam42381 Posts: 2,505
    I wear a Bulova Millenia my wife bought me the first Christmas we were together - 2003.
    I wish I was as fortunate, as fortunate as me.
    I always wear my watch when i go out. Never ise the cell for time
    Me neither - if I had to dig through my purse for my cell phone every time I wanted to know what time it is I would be late for everything!!!

I still wish I had my first watches - a Minnie Mouse watch and one of those Swatch finger watches. Not the most practical but it was fun.
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • I think all mine are Fossil, but I never wear watches anymore.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
    Puck fossil. I had one that lasted like 3 months before the glass cracked and fell out. My seico is 7 years old and on its second battery
    I think all mine are Fossil, but I never wear watches anymore.
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • I have not had a watch since I got a mobile phone.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave Posts: 41,828
    I have not had a watch since I got a mobile phone.

same here, but the last one i got was a Casio G Shock which I don;t think is working now.
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    4/28/16- Philly, PA
    4/29/16- Philly, PA
    5/1/16- NYC
    5/2/16- NYC
    9/2/18- Boston, MA
    9/4/18- Boston, MA
    9/14/22- Camden, NJ
    9/7/24- Philly, PA
    9/9/24- Philly, PA
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly. PA
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly, PA
    RNDM- 3/9/16- Philly, PA

Same here, guess mine is actually a Samsung,lol.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.

Same here, guess mine is actually a Samsung,lol.

Nokia :D
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • i used to have a bit of a watch fetish, but these days, not so much. I have an expensive Baume & Mercier tht sits in my wife's jewelry box. I'll usually wear it if I attend a function that requires wearing a tie. Worst watch I've ever owned too, the date is always wrong and it's real heavy. Nice looking though. Used to have a Movado and liked that a lot.
    Fenway, you, sir are a classy gentleman, pocket watch or not.
    We were but stones your light made us stars
  • i also have a big of a watch collection, a seiko diving one that has all sorts of "proofs" to it, then many 'dress' watches, depending on what im wearing, but Jag and guess are my favourite types of watches for those, but my all time favourite is my Tag Heuer watch which i love to pieces and has been going for many many years. i never use my mobile phone for time keeping.. i too would never find it in the pit of my bag
  • rollingsrollings Posts: 7,124
    I have a rolodex
  • "It is possible to own too much. A man with one watch knows what time it is; a man with two watches is never quite sure."
    - Lee Segall

I own Luminox. Can't beat the glow in the dark hands.
  • MysteryTrainMysteryTrain Posts: 1,188
    Kenneth Cole. I always wear my watch whenever I'm out, or I'll feel naked without it.