Options

Holiday Blues Worse Than Ever This Year?

marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Is it me or do the holidays seem more depressing this year than ever before. I suppose the economy and political state of the world have something to do with it but people just seem more down than ever. Perhaps I simply haven't drank enough, rather not at all this year as I injured my back, and know it's not a good thing to mix meds and alcohol, though I've heard some good things about doing that. I just wish I could snap out of it and bring on the New Year's on a positive note. Right now I can't even stand being around people and will probably stay in New Year's eve. Perhaps I'm too dramatic but was just wondering if anyone else was feeling extra annoyed or blue this year?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    UpSideDownUpSideDown Posts: 1,966
    I wouldn't say depressed, but just an overall lack of enthusiasm......yes.

Lets just get this crap over with and move on to the next thing.....
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,315
    i'm sorry things aren't going well for you. but just because you're feeling blue doesn't mean more people feel like that this year than before though. i had a great year. i'm just a little sick right now. that's my problem.
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    Great year professionally. Confused as fuck personally but it's all good. Going to have some pretty serious decisions to make in the next couple months I think. Most likely, someones going to get hurt and that blows.

Oh well, never thought I would even consider airing this out on a message board though. haha.
  • Options
    The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Cliffy6745 wrote:
    Great year professionally. Confused as fuck personally but it's all good. Going to have some pretty serious decisions to make in the next couple months I think. Most likely, someones going to get hurt and that blows.

Oh well, never thought I would even consider airing this out on a message board though. haha.

sorry to hear that man. I'm sure shit will work itself out.

personally I love new years. it's a time to reflect on the past year and start with a clean state. and best of all, get completely shithammered.

Happy new years everyone...enjoy and be safe tonight
  • Options
    pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    marcos wrote:
    Is it me or do the holidays seem more depressing this year than ever before. I suppose the economy and political state of the world have something to do with it but people just seem more down than ever. Perhaps I simply haven't drank enough, rather not at all this year as I injured my back, and know it's not a good thing to mix meds and alcohol, though I've heard some good things about doing that. I just wish I could snap out of it and bring on the New Year's on a positive note. Right now I can't even stand being around people and will probably stay in New Year's eve. Perhaps I'm too dramatic but was just wondering if anyone else was feeling extra annoyed or blue this year?

I get blue after the holidays...when the tree comes down especially.
    It is the start of snowman season though which I love.... blue lights everywhere 8-) and a snowman on every shelf :lol:
    and then springtime is around the corner and lovely summertime.
    My point with this nonsense is there is always something to look forward to...
    you just have to make it so.
    In my holiday travels I found pleasant happy people but perhaps they were faking it a bit.
    I agree times are tough for many so we all should
    'count our blessings'
    then it is much easier to be positive.
    Doing something really nice for someone kicks the blues in the butt too :D
  • Options
    Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,603
    The Fixer wrote:
    Cliffy6745 wrote:

sorry to hear that man. I'm sure shit will work itself out.

personally I love new years. it's a time to reflect on the past year and start with a clean state. and best of all, get completely shithammered.

Happy new years everyone...enjoy and be safe tonight

Thanks dude. It will all get worked out, no doubt about that. Just not going to be easy.

I enjoy new years. Should be a good night and tomorrow will be a blast.

Happy new years all.