Acoustic Guitar

Got_SomeGot_Some Posts: 77
edited December 2010 in Musicians and Gearheads
I'm looking to pick up a new acoustic and was looking for suggestions. I don't want to spend $3K on a guitar but I do want to get something that is semi high-end. I was checking the different acoustics played by Ed, Mike, and Stone...obviously they're a little more than I want to spend but if anyone knows a good alternative, that'd be great.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• http://www.guitarcenter.com/Martin-D-16 ... 1149085.gc

Can never go wrong with a martin! Hope i could help!
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 

• The only thing with that guitar is it doesn't have a cutaway...not sure if I actually need a cutaway acoustic but just a thought.
  • Got_Some wrote:

The only thing with that guitar is it doesn't have a cutaway...not sure if I actually need a cutaway acoustic but just a thought.
    Well you dont necessarily need a cutaway
    "Makes much more sense to live in the present tense"

Mansfield 08 1
    Boston 2010
    Montreal 2011
    EV Prov 11
    Worcester 1 13
    Worcester 2 13
    Hartford 13
    Boston 16 - 1
    Boston 16 - 2
    Boston 18 - 1
    Boston 18 -2 
    MSG 24 - 1
    Boston 24 -1
    Boston 24 -2 
  • mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    Unless you plan on ripping it on leads with Mike....really a cutaway isn't necessary. You really con't go wrong with a Martin, if there's one in your price range. I've had two Ibanez acoustics and they really are a good value for your buck in my opinion.
  • exhaustedexhausted Posts: 6,638
    i can't actually remember ever hearing an acoustic cutaway that struck me as sounding that great unplugged but that's probably a function of so many of them being carved up for pre-amps etc. as well.
  • JP33JP33 Posts: 1,348
    Go with an Alverez
  • I would seriously recommend looking for a used guitar. You can get a really nice Gibson, Martin, or Taylor used for about half the price of a new one, as long as you can live with a few scratches. Just make sure you do your research ahead of time, because it is a bit of a risk (especially if buying online).