Norwegian Icebreaker heads up the Mississippi River

normnorm Posts: 31,146
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
As you may have seen on the news, it's been very cold in Iowa. So cold, in fact, that the U.S. Corp of Engineers has borrowed a Norwegian Icebreaker to clear the Mississippi River for barge traffic. The Icebreaker is starting near Davenport and working its way northward.

Here is a picture as the hard work of ice breaking begins. Impressive!

73265cd7.jpg

:lol::lol::mrgreen:
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Well played
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,009
    81 wrote:
    Well played
    thats our normie. cruising the internets for pics of old man meat!!! :shock:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    is that an old man stretchy sack floatin about three feet behind him?
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,483
    I thought a Norwegian icebreaker was some sort of nordic pick-up line!
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Well played

One does wonder what he typed before clicking "search"
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    mickeyrat wrote:
    81 wrote:
    Well played

One does wonder what he typed before clicking "search"

i'd love to take credit for this but it was emailed to me...i'm more concerned as to why sven felt he needed to break the ice naked :? :think: :P