I PAD ?

mattdinglemattdingle Posts: 180
edited March 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone out there have an opinion on the I PAD? Are they any good , what is the idea of it ? oversized I POD ?
Cheers
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Unlost dog recommends an android tablet
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    81 wrote:
    Unlost dog recommends an android tablet

:lolno:

Here at La Casa de Unlost Dogs we are afloat in iPads of all possible configuration.

As the Smoking Baby well knows.
    :evil:
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    Got one for the wife for Christmas. I was messing around with it briefly, but was impressed with it.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • Got one for the wife for Christmas. I was messing around with it briefly, but was impressed with it.
    Good man I like your style! So ya really got it for yourself. :lol:
    I got 1 myself but not really into gadgets , so try and work it out
  • Empty GlassEmpty Glass Posts: 12,329
    mattdingle wrote:
    Got one for the wife for Christmas. I was messing around with it briefly, but was impressed with it.
    Good man I like your style! So ya really got it for yourself. :lol:
    I got 1 myself but not really into gadgets , so try and work it out

:lol:

close, she bought herself a laptop a few months back cause our old pc is about to dump on us. She gets the ipad, I'm going to work my way towards that laptop.
    I've met Rob

DEGENERATE FUK

This place is dead

"THERE ARE NO CLIQUES, ONLY THOSE WHO DON'T JOIN THE FUN" - Empty circa 2015

"Kfsbho&$thncds" - F Me In the Brain - circa 2015
  • I got one for Christmas and am fascinated with the dumbest shit it can do. I see myself wasting plenty of time with it, especially since I loaded up on some $0.99 games that were on sale along with all the addictive free apps.

I would never pay the price for it though. My wife won it and gave it to me and that's the only way I would have ever laid my hands on it. While overpriced, if you have plenty of disposable income I highly recommend it!
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    fun times...
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • if it was more of a tablet laptop i would definitely want one... i like the real keyboard and being able to fold it shut... and somewhere to put CDs... wonder why apple hasnt done anything like that yet

the commercials make ipad look awesome... books, guitar FX, sheet music, apple tv... all cool
    "Senza speme vivemo in disio"

http://seanbriceart.com/
  • know1know1 Posts: 6,794
    I have a smartphone that does just as much as the iPad PLUS it makes calls.

I guess a lot of people have some extra money laying around to pay for redundancy....even in this so-called bad economy.
    The only people we should try to get even with...
    ...are those who've helped us.

Right 'round the corner could be bigger than ourselves.
  • SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    its amazing.....people who knock it are jealous they don't have one....no need for a computer with this thing...its incredible
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    Sawyer wrote:
    its amazing.....people who knock it are jealous they don't have one....no need for a computer with this thing...its incredible

I agree, we recently took ours on vacation to use to reference day trips or excursions and was far better for that than the netbook it replaced, light, compact, starts up in an instance. The only place that had wireless internet was in the lobby of the resort and I would say 1-4 using device for the internet was either using an iphone or ipad, and I saw plenty of macbooks. Just from a small observation I would say they are winning the battle of portable devices.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    We are in cacation and have ben using our evo'ss for everything including watching some flashed based videos, and it firs in the pocket
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    We got one this year instead of a new laptop. My wife and kids love it. Some apps I recommend
    Flipboard (free)
    The sixties (free)
    Photo transfer app. (let's you transfer pics from your iPhone to iPad via wireless and Bluetooth)
    Netflix
  • merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    Had one for about 6 months now, and it gets a ton of use throughout the family. Got a keyboard docking station for christmas that helps out quite a bit if you need to have the physical keyboard.

My oldest daughter is going into high school next year, and we're seriously considering getting her instead of a laptop.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,557
    I work as an IT technician and have played with for business and peronsla uses, and all I can say is don't buy one unless your a millionaire who needs to burn some cash.
  • IdrisIdris Posts: 2,317
    Today the ipad3 or ipad HD? is going public. Live blog of the event.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/03/07/apple-ipad-3-liveblog/