What u get from Santa?

pearljimpearljim Posts: 1,310
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I received a book on Pink Floyd, a book on Led Zeppelin, a book my six year old daughter made for me (the BEST book!), and a few assorted littler gifts.

What u get?
If you have a chance to make life better for others, and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.

Roberto Clemente.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• SawyerSawyer Posts: 2,411
    Too much. iPad, saddleback leather bag, bowers and Wilkins headphones, the fridge throwback jersey, lg tv, gift cards........I was good this year
  • i got stewie pajamas and a cross neclace and the spectrum box set..oh,and underwear :roll:
  • klusterfukklusterfuk Posts: 1,411
    a nice Binaural 2000 tour soccer jersey
    The future's paved with better days

Alpine Valley Resort is etched in my brain!!!

• mcgavinjmcgavinj Posts: 311
    We are blessed to have work and a roof over our heads...but holy hell kids are spoiled these days! My 1 year old(my in laws first, and my parents second grand child) made a haul. We didn't even need to get him a single thing...but we did. Sheesh.... I don't remember it being that good when I was a little one.

Hope everyone is safe and happy.

Are we really starting "where's the Christmas Single" talk?
    Someday, PJ will surprise us all and it'll be delivered Christmas eve.....someday....
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Coolest necklace! A dog bone with the names of the three unlost dogs stamped on it! Tom Brady shirt ( :roll: so not my favorite Patriot, but Mr. Unlost did try), boots, great new running shirt for cold weather.

Oh, and to make up for last year's Snuggie... funderwear. Like underwear, only... fun
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Half a lump of coal
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    Half a lump of coal

Wow, not even a Snuggie?
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    I got the Robert Plant Band of Joy c.d :P
    Keith Richards autobiography "Life" 8-)
    Neil Pearts Travelling Music :thumbup:
    A lovely hot water bottle :mrgreen:
    Gift Voucher for B&Q to start my house renovations :D

Hope everyone had a great day
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,009
    81 wrote:
    Half a lump of coal
    just a half a lump? You'll have to do better than that next year. I expect you to post something like Santa gave a me a coalmine in my stocking!!! :mrgreen: :P
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 81 wrote:
    Half a lump of coal

Wow, not even a Snuggie?
    My mom got a Snuggie. And she liked it :|
    tumblr_mg4nc33pIX1s1mie8o1_400.gif

"I need your strength for me to be strong...I need your love to feel loved"
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,009
    81 wrote:
    Half a lump of coal

Wow, not even a Snuggie?
    is that anything like a wedgie? :mrgreen:
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • mickeyrat wrote:
    is that anything like a wedgie? :mrgreen:
    A wedgie is probably a lot more fun :lol:

• neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    santa was very good this year

best thing was howard stern baba booey and quivers autographed books

and the yankees jacket

and the apple gift card

and all the quick silver gear :mrgreen:

good haul
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    guitar pedal
    Bose headphones
    new coat
    tons of canned stuff from my grandma's garden

Kids definitely seem spoiled.......Til I check out what I hauled.
  • A kindle 3g
    and a nice bit of money :)
  • LloydXmasLloydXmas Posts: 7,539
    French Press coffee maker and an iPad.
    French Press coffee maker and an iPad.

...thereby making BabaBooey a true Renaissance Man!
  • new bedding
    Darkness on the Edge of Town box
    SNL The Game
    Clapton Crossroads Festival dvd
    John Lennon dvd
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    A bunch of video games for the ps3.
    a book / dvd on meditation
    a book / dvd on reflexology
    a tarot deck / book
    glass chess set
    3d jigsaw puzzle
    3d diamond puzzle
    mp3 player

Got these for my wife:
    10c hoodie
    EV ITW 2008 zippo
    Reaper shirt
    St. Christopher keychain
    Silk veil
    Sunrise alarm clock
    Dream box

Wife got these which I will use too:
    toaster oven (not sure where to put it, it's bigger than most of our counters, and almost no room under the cabinets we have.
    laptop lap holder (using it right now)
    blu-ray player (not sure why we got this, we have a ps3 already. might put it in the bedroom)

Funny story about one of the games / the tarot deck. I opened the tarot deck and got the next gift, I shook it and said, "bowl noodle!" (my brother and I used to joke about that, always saying Bowl noodle!) I opened the gift and it was a bowl of noodles with a video game on top of it, my wife did that to throw me off not thinking it's a video game. :lol:

Our daughter who is 2, I can't even name everything off but here is a short list.
    Play kitchen (not included but also got utensils, fake food, a princess table and 2 chairs that turn into a tower)
    Seahorse night time soother
    dora guitar, dora dancing doll, dora purse, dora pajamas
    magnetic drawing board toy
    clock blocks
    barbie computer
    purse (with credit card, lipstick, car keys)
    boots and shoes
  • RYEzupSFRYEzupSF Posts: 6,003
    cash
    anti-aging lotions and creams (is my mother sending me a message?)
    msg, boston and hartford boots
    cashmere sweater
    keith Richards-Life
    Susan Casey- The Devil's Teeth
    my grandmother's pearls
    Amoeba Music gift certificate
    snow boots
    a week and a half with my family was pretty great
    BrowserPreview_tmp_zps26eff4aa.gif

Don't fuck sheep. -EV 7/11/11
    You can never have enough Neil in the mix. -EV 10/24/10
    There's only one commandment: Don't be an asshole. -EV 5/6/10
  • iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    santa was overly generous with me this year plus I got myself a kitty! it's been over 3 yrs since my boy died and I said never again. last wed, my coworker friend found one at petsmart. I adopted him the next day. I cried when I met him. Very embarrassing. Apparently, he came from a high kill shelter. Poor thing was so skinny but beautiful.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Oh...I also treated myself to a new PJ hoodie which is great

Shopping last week I visited Best Buy, Borders and Target...was on a wild goose chase for my favorite lady but I picked up a cd at each of the 3 for meself...
    Fistful of Mercy
    Ryan Adams and the Cardinals new one
    Bad Religion's new one
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    Picked up the t shirt i will be wearing to pj20
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Two bottles of Stag's Leap Cabernet Sauvignon and a wine aerator.

Planning on using one of the bottles to accompany dinner on Thursday.
    Hold On
  • LoulouLoulou Posts: 6,247
    A Wii from hubby, a bluray dvd from Mama in law, an Xbox and reeeeeally good saucepans and frying pans (I love my cooking) and she got me an book on Eddie but not sure which one coz it hasn't come in yet, still on order. :D
    “ "Thank you Palestrina. It’s a wonderful evening, it’s great to be here and I wanna dedicate you a super sexy song." " (last words of Mark Sandman of Morphine)

Adelaide 1998
    Adelaide 2003
    Adelaide 2006 night 1
    Adelaide 2006 night 2
    Adelaide 2009
    Melbourne 2009
    Christchurch NZ 2009
    Eddie Vedder, Adelaide 2011
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 1
    PJ20 USA 2011 night 2
    Adelaide BIG DAY OUT 2014
  • 2 pairs of Dori Csengeri earrings
    a bottle of wine
    an antique cameo pendant/brooch
    7 anthropologie gift cards
    hot stone facial and massage
    2 Christmas ornaments
    candles
    body lotion
    perfume
    a necklace
    2 books
    cash

• JM4830 wrote:
    We are blessed to have work and a roof over our heads...but holy hell kids are spoiled these days! My 1 year old(my in laws first, and my parents second grand child) made a haul. We didn't even need to get him a single thing...but we did. Sheesh.... I don't remember it being that good when I was a little one.

Hope everyone is safe and happy.

Are we really starting "where's the Christmas Single" talk?
    Someday, PJ will surprise us all and it'll be delivered Christmas eve.....someday....

It took about two or three Christmases with our son for us to finally get it through our heads that we could scale back on gifts. By the time grandparents and other relatives buy for them, they end up with way more than they can even play with, not to mention Santa. This year I threw in some clothes and pjs b/c his closet has been getting kind of thin, but he didn't suffer too much b/c we got him a iPod suffle, iDog, and a few other toys in the mix. Take it easy while you can, soon they will start asking for the big stuff, mine was disappointed Santa didn't bring him the Xbox 360 this year. oh well, it's leverage for good behavior in 2011.
    Hearts and thoughts they fade....
    fade away...

I am at peace with my lust.....for Eddie.
  • FrannyFranny Posts: 2,054
    Earrings and bracelet I can't wear as I break out in a rash :shock:
    A bead for my pandora bracelet...that the hole is too small and won't go on the said bracelet. :o

Gift cards...ferrero rochers (lots of them...yummo)

But it all doesn't really matter, cos I go woken up at 5.30am by Mr K yelling in my face "It's Xmas day Mummy and Santa's been!", then he jumps off me, runs down the hallway then turns around and races back to me with a big kiss and cuddle and says "Merry Christmas Mummy". :D
    And everything he opened he said "It's just what I've always wanted"....so funny from a 5yo! :lol:
  • Kindle 3g
    Kindle leather cover
    Cheshire Cat skin for the Kindle
    a little cash
    2 scarfs
    slippers (needed)
    Legion (the movie)
    Alice and Wonderland (2010)

And all the cool stuff my 10c Secret Santa, Ridin the Wave, sent to me that arrived Christmas Eve.
    "...And I fight back in my mind. Never lets me be right.
    I got memories. I got shit so much it don't show."
  • pandorapandora Posts: 21,855
    2962_300.jpg
    This!!
    JB got this for us...(Found this pic on line) Its very big and holds seed for at least 2 days of action!
    I have mine hanging in the kitchen window...just saw 2 woodpeckers, a Red Bellied and a Downy, a Redwing Blackbird, Tufted Titmouse, Carolina Wren and Rose Breasted House Wren, all spinning and munching happliy. This is my favorite gift, that and the snow that arrived, heaven sent, Christmas night and the owl that flew in to visit, made for a magical moment :D