***Dallas Cowboys 2011***

lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
edited August 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Time to look ahead to 2011. The D needs a complete over haul. Time for Romo to go? I think so. The O under 38 year old Kitna has looked so much better. I'm still not sold on Garrett, but he is most likely going to be the coach next year. But ultimately until Jones gives up control I see no Super Bowls in their future.
I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

"Life Is What Happens To You When Your Busy Making Other Plans" John Lennon
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• 8181 Posts: 58,276
    :lol:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,572
    best.
    thread.
    ever.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    www.myspace.com
  • loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    WOW. But how fitting :lol:
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
  • lukin2006lukin2006 Posts: 9,087
    best.
    thread.
    ever.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Of course at least we've experienced winning the super bowl, were you even alive when they last won a championship, and getting to the the super Bowl isn't a championship, just first place of all the losers, of course Philly is used to that, last year the flyers were first place of the losers.
    I have certain rules I live by ... My First Rule ... I don't believe anything the government tells me ... George Carlin

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Posts: 16,983
    This is some kind of record. Wow. Welp, good luck with all that! :thumbup:
    Is the op a canadian, and if so how does a canadian become a dallas fan
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:

I'm sure there's some story behind it, as do all fans of teams from where they're not from. Ummm, sorry, 81. :lol::mrgreen:
    Well since the NFL is not in Canada, we root for certain teams for various reasons, Iknow fans of just about all NFL teams. Maybe someday the NFL will expand outside the US, but I'm inclined to believe that since it has failed to do so already it may not happen.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Well since the NFL is not in Canada, we root for certain teams for various reasons, Iknow fans of just about all NFL teams. Maybe someday the NFL will expand outside the US, but I'm inclined to believe that since it has failed to do so already it may not happen.

Toronto Bills. It's happening.
    lukin2006 wrote:

You think? If so I would never root for them. It's in my blood to never cheer for anything Toronto. Don't be to sure that a football teams coming though. The baseball team drew horribly last season. Whoever decides to put an NFL team in TO better realize that they are a hockey city first and foremost, even though they haven't seen real hockey in quite a while.

lukin2006 wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

You think? If so I would never root for them. It's in my blood to never cheer for anything Toronto. Don't be to sure that a football teams coming though. The baseball team drew horribly last season. Whoever decides to put an NFL team in TO better realize that they are a hockey city first and foremost, even though they haven't seen real hockey in quite a while.

All I know is never say never, and that the NFL believes they are the biggest giant in sports whether it's true or not. Toronto and LA will definitely see NFL teams at some point.
    :shh:
    81 wrote:

I'm sure there's some story behind it, as do all fans of teams from where they're not from. Ummm, sorry, 81. :lol::mrgreen:
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    Toronto may, but the Make Me Laughs are the bIggest draw in Toronto. Not even the NFL will displace the Leafs.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Toronto may, but the Make Me Laughs are the bIggest draw in Toronto. Not even the NFL will displace the Leafs.

Well, there's 9 pro sports teams in the NYC area, and everyone says the Yankees dominate NY headlines. That's fine, but the Giants and Jets get plenty of coverage as well as the Knicks and other teams. Point is there's no way a TO NFL franchise couldn't thrive, and possibly overtake the Leafs. If Canadians knew they had a team in a sport that transcended their country, I can't see why the wouldn't get behind that. My point is football is exponentially more popular than hockey, and even if it plays second fiddle to hockey as you put it in hockey's hometown it doesn't mean it couldn't get just as big.
    ....speaking of the Cowboys.... :think:
  • FlaggFlagg Posts: 5,856
    I am about to go to bed after like four Ctown and Cokes. Good job. Ready for next year already.

Romo isn't the problem. Him and Kitna had roughly the same stats. I think Kitna is a better leader though.

Anyway they have much bigger problems than QB.

1. The OL SUCKS!!!
    2. The defense has no playmakers outside of Ware.
    3. The kicker sucks.
    4. I think they actually have too many good receivers and that seems to work against them somehow. I know that doesnt make sense but I am drunk so fuck it.
    5. The three headed monster at RB doesn't work.
    6. The GM needs to be shot.

Merry Christmas Cowboys fans. And even to you Eagles, Pats and Steelers fans that like to come on here and make fun of us. Lol.
    DAL-7/5/98,10/17/00,6/9/03,11/15/13
    BOS-9/28/04,9/29/04,6/28/08,6/30/08, 9/5/16, 9/7/16, 9/2/18
    MTL-9/15/05, OTT-9/16/05
    PHL-5/27/06,5/28/06,10/30/09,10/31/09
    CHI-8/2/07,8/5/07,8/23/09,8/24/09
    HTFD-6/27/08
    ATX-10/4/09, 10/12/14
    KC-5/3/2010,STL-5/4/2010
    Bridge School-10/23/2010,10/24/2010
    PJ20-9/3/2011,9/4/2011
    OKC-11/16/13
    SEA-12/6/13
    TUL-10/8/14
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well, there's 9 pro sports teams in the NYC area, and everyone says the Yankees dominate NY headlines. That's fine, but the Giants and Jets get plenty of coverage as well as the Knicks and other teams. Point is there's no way a TO NFL franchise couldn't thrive, and possibly overtake the Leafs. If Canadians knew they had a team in a sport that transcended their country, I can't see why the wouldn't get behind that. My point is football is exponentially more popular than hockey, and even if it plays second fiddle to hockey as you put it in hockey's hometown it doesn't mean it couldn't get just as big.

Football will never displace hockey in Toronto or Canada as far as that goes, football is popular here but we are hockey mad country. The outpouring of emotion after winning Olympic gold says it all.

Just like the US will never see hockey displace football or baseball. I get the Detroit sports radio and listen to it quite often and the calls to the station to discuss Lions and Tigers far out way the calls to discuss the Wings who have won 4 cups in the last 15 years and make the playloffs every year.

• HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    Flagg wrote:
    Merry Christmas Cowboys fans. And even to you Eagles, Pats and Steelers fans that like to come on here and make fun of us. Lol.

Thank you. 8-)
    #FHP
    Thank you and Merry Christmas...at least the pats and steelers have reason to gloat, they've won the SB.

lukin2006 wrote:
    Thank you and Merry Christmas...at least the pats and steelers have reason to gloat, they've won the SB.

What's that I hear, FIVE double digit loss seasons since 2000? Yes, I think so. Oh, and you're from Canada . I know how the Dallas Cowboys roots run deeply up there- pulls about as much weight as a Stillers fan from Oregon. :roll:

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE!
  • HorosHoros Posts: 4,518
    lukin2006 wrote:

What's that I hear, FIVE double digit loss seasons since 2000? Yes, I think so. Oh, and you're from Canada . I know how the Dallas Cowboys roots run deeply up there- pulls about as much weight as a Stillers fan from Oregon. :roll:

Well this guy in Oregon has been a Steelers fan longer than you've been on this Earth. My current residence has nothing to do with the fact that I spent my first 18 years in the Pittsburgh area.
    #FHP
    Horos wrote:
    lukin2006 wrote:

Well this guy in Oregon has been a Steelers fan longer than you've been on this Earth. My current residence has nothing to do with the fact that I spent my first 18 years in the Pittsburgh area.

And they all have a story. :thumbup:
    81 wrote:
    viewtopic.php?f=14&t=121118&hilit=fraud

this thread was just begging this to be referenced.
    www.myspace.com
    The only fraud here is you!!!People like you think you are an expert on what a fan is!

lukin2006 wrote:
    The only fraud here is you!!!People like you think you are an expert on what a fan is!

what do you mean think? :lol: :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
    lukin2006 wrote:

Of course we are. It's just a shame that, until one of your Canadian brethren get a team, there will only be a certain level of fandom that you can aspire to.
    lukin2006 wrote:

Of course we are. It's just a shame that, until one of your Canadian brethren get a team, there will only be a certain level of fandom that you can aspire to.

So where they going to put a team. In Toronto? I don't think they really care if they get a team. Ever since Rogers passed away I don't hear it being talked about much. He seemed to be the one interested in pursuing an NFL team. If they got a team, where they going to play at? The Rogers Center? That place is over 20 years old, they''ll need need a new stadium, who would build the stadium? The city of Toronto, the Province of Ontario, the Federal Guovernment, all threes are cash strapped and would of unlikely get involved. A lot of questions to be answered before it happens. What team moves here the Bills?

Sorry don't see it happening! Maybe someone in Toronto can provide insight.

• loadedgunloadedgun Indiana Posts: 1,389
    So who will be the coach next year? Will they keep Garrett at the position? For some reason I thought last time this happened, that he didn't want it? Or am I making that up?
    Midwest. Indy/Lafayette.
    any of you cockroaches want to join? :mrgreen:

viewtopic.php?f=14&t=164467
    www.myspace.com