Gordie Howe

milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
is holding my son!

Gordie.jpg
"The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Is it just me or is your son trying to give him the elbows? :lol:
  • milarsomilarso Posts: 1,280
    VoidOfMan wrote:

We're teaching him not to take crap from anyone. :lol:
    "The dude abides. I don't know about you, but I take comfort in that. It's good knowin' he's out there. The Dude. Takin' her easy for all us sinners."
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Good man, get your son to drop one in to Mr. Elbows. 8-)
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    Very nice and I have so much respect for Howe, a legend, though he was before my time. I'm just hoping my Flyers get another shot at Lidstrom this year in the cup of course. Make sure your guys show up, we'll be there again.
  • jmurrayjmurray Posts: 3,538
    milarso wrote:
    VoidOfMan wrote:

We're teaching him not to take crap from anyone. :lol:

Wow, that's a great picture and hopefully your boy has the scoring touch too!
    They are like best friends.

Gordie2.jpg
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    8-)
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • unlost dogsunlost dogs Posts: 12,553
    Wow, that's a blast from the past. I grew up watching hockey with my Dad and Gordie Howe was a favorite to watch... if not necessarily to root for.

I seem to recall reading a book about him from way, way back. At that time you could go to the Bruins pro shop at the Garden, and they had a rack of biographies about everyone, I remember my Dad would buy them for me. (I was probably the only 10-year-old girl who could talk at length about people like Gump Worsley and Tony Esposito.)
    15 years of sharks 06/30/08 (MA), 05/17/10 (Boston), 09/03/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/04/11 (Alpine Valley), 09/30/12 (Missoula), 07/19/13 (Wrigley), 10/15/13 (Worcester), 10/16/13 (Worcester), 10/25/13 (Hartford), 12/4/13 (Vancouver), 12/6/13 (Seattle), 6/26/14 (Berlin), 6/28/14 (Stockholm), 10/16/14 (Detroit)
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    NICE
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    It was pretty cool.
    Just too bad by the time my son is old enough to appreciate it, Gordie probably won't be with us anymore.
  • Got to see him score his 799th goal I believe... Dad took us to Hockey Hall of Fame in Toronto and saw Leafs/Whalers...

Always remember it....
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    simpsonsgordiehowe.jpg

Always think of that Simpsons when I hear his name...
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    eyedclaar wrote:
    simpsonsgordiehowe.jpg

Always think of that Simpsons when I hear his name...
    This is a current TV show that at one time had a plot revolving around pen pals. It's crazy to think that email had not been utilized when this episode came out in '92. Hell, I didn't even have access to the internet until about 5 years later.

Dude, I'm getting old.
  • f-ing cool...
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • maynardsuxmaynardsux Posts: 1,092
    That is awesome!!! Met him a few years back before a Wings practice and got him to sign a random hockey card i had of his......he then began a game of sports trivia with me, refusing to sign the card until i could correctly identify the Hartford Whaler player skating in the picture's background......seeing i had no clue, Gordie still signed the card, gave the player's name, and gave me the stats on THAT guy's career.......and that guy probably didn't stay longer in the NHL but for a quick cup of coffee.....my how the game has changed....Mr.Hockey is a living legend that is pure class!
    '93 Toronto
    '94 Detroit
    '10 Columbus
    '11 Detroit (Eddie solo), Toronto 1 and 2, Ottawa, Hamilton
    '13 London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    '14 Detroit
    '16 Ottawa, Toronto 1 and 2, Chicago 1 and 2
    '18 Chicago 1 and 2
    '22 Hamilton, Toronto