Go JAGS!!!

he.who.forgetshe.who.forgets Posts: 4,593
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
really excited that my Jaguars have an opprtunity to clinch the division today. I have a bad feeling that Peyton is going to pick apart our shitty secondary but I'm still ecstatic that they are even in this position in the first place. So, if you're indifferent and dont care about this game, help me out and root for the Jags!
We were but stones your light made us stars
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I hate the Jags, why does Jacksonville have a fucking NFL team anyway?

Nonetheless, I agree, I picked them in my leauge and put 6 points on the game
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • they're shitty. thanks for all the encouragement Smarchee. And while we are along those lines why does Canada have a baseball team??? (same could be said for NHL, but I fuckin hate hockey so I dont care)
  • smarchee wrote:
    I hate the Jags, why does Jacksonville have a fucking NFL team anyway?

I agree - can they sell out games there?
    they're shitty. thanks for all the encouragement Smarchee. And while we are along those lines why does Canada have a baseball team??? (same could be said for NHL, but I fuckin hate hockey so I dont care)

Canada invented hockey, and they should have about half the teams in the NHL, instead of 20%.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • well my point is that both the MLB and NHL are American sports leagues and I dont see why anyone needs to bash the Jaguars when my thread clearly stated I was a fan. Just rude if you ask me. And surprisingly we have a stronger market than several teams this year, havent had a black-out yet.
  • well my point is that both the MLB and NHL are American sports leagues and I dont see why anyone needs to bash the Jaguars when my thread clearly stated I was a fan. Just rude if you ask me. And surprisingly we have a stronger market than several teams this year, havent had a black-out yet.

Well that's good. Glad to hear the support has gotten better. Sorry about the Colts - can't stand them.

NHL is a North American sports league.
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13; WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore 10/27/13;
    WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16; Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22;
    Las Vegas 5/16/24; Las Vegas 5/18/24; WF Center 9/7/24; WF Center 9/9/24; Baltimore Arena 9/12/24

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    well my point is that both the MLB and NHL are American sports leagues and I dont see why anyone needs to bash the Jaguars when my thread clearly stated I was a fan. Just rude if you ask me. And surprisingly we have a stronger market than several teams this year, havent had a black-out yet.

Well that's good. Glad to hear the support has gotten better. Sorry about the Colts - can't stand them.

NHL is a North American sports league.

if i may, the reason the jags haven't had a blackout is because they put huge tarps over about 20,000 seats so they don't count towards their full capacity numbers.

congrats on not having a blackout yet though :thumbup:
    www.myspace.com
  • real seating cap is somewhere around 74k - I'd guess this is somewhere within the top 12-15 highest in the NFL.
    the seat covers bring the cap down to around 65k which is somewhere close to the bottom 6-8, which is where a market like us probably should be. However, the FL/GA game sells out to about 84k each year as we build bleachers in the end zone to increase the cap...have done the same for the Gator Bowl some years as well as the ACC championship. Those games are a hell of an economic boost to us each year and the world's largest outdoor cocktail party kicks ass. This year the following markets have had more local broadcast black outs than Jax: Tampa, San Diego, Detriot, Buffalo, Arizona (and maybe a couple more). I'll be the first to admit that we are a below average market, and it's true that there are a lot of fair weather fans, but the franchise is only 15 years old. The fan base is finally maturing a little bit and there is real support behind this team. And they are finally trying to make it more affordable to a community that doesnt have the deep pockets of major sponsors and corporations like some of the other major nfl metropolises.
    alright holy shit, i've written way too much, sorry for the rant.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    real seating cap is somewhere around 74k - I'd guess this is somewhere within the top 12-15 highest in the NFL.
    the seat covers bring the cap down to around 65k which is somewhere close to the bottom 6-8, which is where a market like us probably should be. However, the FL/GA game sells out to about 84k each year as we build bleachers in the end zone to increase the cap...have done the same for the Gator Bowl some years as well as the ACC championship. Those games are a hell of an economic boost to us each year and the world's largest outdoor cocktail party kicks ass. This year the following markets have had more local broadcast black outs than Jax: Tampa, San Diego, Detriot, Buffalo, Arizona (and maybe a couple more). I'll be the first to admit that we are a below average market, and it's true that there are a lot of fair weather fans, but the franchise is only 15 years old. The fan base is finally maturing a little bit and there is real support behind this team. And they are finally trying to make it more affordable to a community that doesnt have the deep pockets of major sponsors and corporations like some of the other major nfl metropolises.
    alright holy shit, i've written way too much, sorry for the rant.

you're right. it is a tough market down there. i read 7 of 8 games were blacked out last year and none have this year. apparently theres about 5,000 tickets left for next week's game though. better scoop 'em up!
    www.myspace.com