Guitar Hero or Rock Band??

Nothingman54Nothingman54 Posts: 2,251
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
Which would you recommend? X mas gift for my 3 year old.
I'll be back
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Seeing as PJ will be coming out with a Rock Band sometime (not sure when) I would recommend that. Plus it's more family oriented, drums / guitar / bass / microphone for singing.
  • redrockredrock Posts: 18,341
    Too much 'equipment' for Rock Band.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    for sheer convenience...I'd say start with Guitar Hero first...if he likes it, then up-grade to Rock Band (and then you'd have 2 guitars), other wise if you get Rock Band first, and he hates it, then you wasted a bunch of money on all the other instruments.
    There is also an ottoman that stores the console, and all the instruments. :D
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
  • He would like either. He has a drum set so I know he would love it. I'm leaning towards rock just because The Beatles and Green Day.
    I'll be back
  • Rock Band!!!

lots of good DLC if your playing w/ Xbox
    Pearl Jam Ten & Backspacer + SoLat and Alive from Drop in the Park
    and hopefully, someday, the ever elusive, Pearl Jam Rockband

nobody said you cant buy a gift for your kid that you wont get use out of as well. ;) Plus...its a good family game for everyone to get involved.
    Mansfield, MA - Jul 02, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 03, 2003; Mansfield, MA - Jul 11, 2003; Boston, MA - Sep 29, 2004; Reading, PA - Oct 01, 2004; Hartford, CT - May 13, 2006; Boston, MA - May 24, 2006; Boston, MA - May 25, 2006; Hartford, CT - Jun 27, 2008; Mansfield, MA - Jun 28, 2008; Mansfield, MA - June 30, 2008; Hartford, CT - May 15, 2010; Boston, MA - May 17, 2010; [EV - Providence, RI - June 15, 2011; EV - Hartford, CT - June 18, 2011]; Worcester, MA - Oct. 15, 2013; Worcester, MA - Oct. 16, 2013; Hartford, CT - Oct. 25, 2013; Boston, MA -  August 5, 2016; Boston, MA - August 7, 2016...

4and20 wrote:
    Just did a search for an RB ottoman, it looks exactly like the one we have except for the holders on top for the guitars. It would match our furniture too, but we don't have RB. heh.
  • RKCNDYRKCNDY Posts: 31,013
    VoidOfMan wrote:
    4and20 wrote:
    Just did a search for an RB ottoman, it looks exactly like the one we have except for the holders on top for the guitars. It would match our furniture too, but we don't have RB. heh.

I don't have RB either...we have 2 guitars, the balance board and a crapload of games....we also don't know anybody else that likes to play GH or RB so we can't exactly justify the purchase with just the 2 of us....
    The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences, and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.

- Christopher McCandless
    We don't have GH either, we've been playing RDR a lot though and we just got Black Rain. We have a friend that has RB and we've only been over to play there one time. Last time we visited we played Yahtzee. :lol:
  • megatronmegatron Posts: 3,420
    lincoln logs
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    megatron wrote:
    lincoln logs

:lol:

those ruled

or maybe a real guitar or drum kit
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
    81 wrote:
    or maybe a real guitar or drum kit

That just reminded me of Power Gig.

It's a video game but comes with a real guitar. Can be used with the game or plugged into an amp.
  • Drowned OutDrowned Out Posts: 6,056
    Which would you recommend? X mas gift for my 3 year old.
    For a THREE year old? You mean for you, right? :lol:
    I just got my 5 and 7 year olds Rock Band for xmas and I think they might still have trouble with the coordination it takes to play (not to mention being able to read the lyrics)...but I've waited long enough, I want the damn thing ;)
  • Which would you recommend? X mas gift for my 3 year old.
    For a THREE year old? You mean for you, right? :lol:
    I just got my 5 and 7 year olds Rock Band for xmas and I think they might still have trouble with the coordination it takes to play (not to mention being able to read the lyrics)...but I've waited long enough, I want the damn thing ;)

It's for me too. He has his own drum set. He plays them good. He started at 1 1/2. He love wii. He's playing punch out now, and kicking some ass too.
    I'll be back