HBO 24/7 Penguins & Capitals

blackredyellowblackredyellow Posts: 5,889
edited December 2011 in All Encompassing Trip
Anyone watch the first episode last night?

Pretty good stuff, HBO has the access that only they seem to get in these types of shows (and can show it uncensored).

Entertaining, you get a different look into players that you usually don't get to see.

A lot of f bombs (mostly from the Boudreau), and some good one liners and quotes all around.
My whole life
was like a picture
of a sunny day
“We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
― Abraham Lincoln
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I canceled HBO awhile back

I was going to call and see if they have a special going on..I wanted to watch the Lombardi one also
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,836
    Just what the NHL needs -- more exposure for Ovie and Crosby (or, as I like to call them, chucker and fucker, respectively).

Howzabout 7-0 vs. the former and 4-1 vs. the latter in favor of the Rangers in their past two games?

That's what I'm talking about!!!!!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • right, watching sean avery shop for purses would be awesome!!!

Haven't seen it yet but I dvrd it. Looks cool. Can't wait to see the behind the scenes stuff. I bet Talbot and Ovechkin will be the most amusing.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    Anyone watch the first episode last night?

Pretty good stuff, HBO has the access that only they seem to get in these types of shows (and can show it uncensored).

Entertaining, you get a different look into players that you usually don't get to see.

A lot of f bombs (mostly from the Boudreau), and some good one liners and quotes all around.

i saw it and was pretty good. as normal HBO does a really nice job with these things. Boudreau was awesome - hard to incorporate the F-bomb into normal sentences but my man does it with ease. hiliarious stuff. should be fun leading up the new years day.
  • fifefife Posts: 3,327
    dankind wrote:
    Just what the NHL needs -- more exposure for Ovie and Crosby (or, as I like to call them, chucker and fucker, respectively).

Howzabout 7-0 vs. the former and 4-1 vs. the latter in favor of the Rangers in their past two games?

while i agree that the NHL does use ovie and sid alot i can't blame them. they are the 2 biggest names in the NHL that Americans know.

next year would be great to see the flyers play the habs. 2 great teams with great fans.
  • neilybabes86neilybabes86 Posts: 16,057
    dankind wrote:

hell yea kid !!!!!!!!!!
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......
    right, watching sean avery shop for purses would be awesome!!!

Haven't seen it yet but I dvrd it. Looks cool. Can't wait to see the behind the scenes stuff. I bet Talbot and Ovechkin will be the most amusing.

more like banging models..but who's keeping track
    i post on the board of a band that doesn't exsist anymore .......i need my head examined.......

as long as those models are not slopping seconds :lol: sorry could help that.
    fife wrote:

as long as those models are not slopping seconds :lol: sorry could help that.

oh no..they are not
    more like banging models..but who's keeping track[/quote]

as long as those models are not slopping seconds :lol: sorry could help that.[/quote]

oh no..they are not[/quote]

I am sure they are not. :D;)
  • I really want to see this but don't have HBO at the moment. I'm hoping a torrent or something shows up that I can download.
  • I really want to see this but don't have HBO at the moment. I'm hoping a torrent or something shows up that I can download.

torrents are around already... that is how i watched it this morning :)
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln

torrents are around already... that is how i watched it this morning :)

Nice! I'm at work but closing early due to snow so I'll have to find it when I get home!
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Boudreau looks and sounds like the High Talker from Seinfeld

Crosby looks like a rat. Looking forward to the next episode when the flyers beat the caps and pens
  • i saw it. it was well done. felt like i was watching south park bigger, longer, and uncut with all of the f-bombs. i was laughing at the caps coach during his between periods pep talk in the game against the panthers.
    "You can tell the greatness of a man by what makes him angry."  - Lincoln

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • This was very enjoyable. I'm not even a big hockey fan and I was really entertained by these two clubs.
    "FF, I've heard the droning about the Sawx being the baby dolls. Yeah, I get it, you guys invented baseball and suffered forever. I get it." -JearlPam0925
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    this is fantastic! hockey players are a special breed
  • I watched this the other nite and enjoyed it.
    GOTTA LOVE DUBI AND OVIE SAYING GOOD JOB TO EACH OTHER AFTER THE FIGHT
    HOCKEY IS THE BEST BY FAR
  • GOTTA LOVE DUBI AND OVIE SAYING GOOD JOB TO EACH OTHER AFTER THE FIGHT
    HOCKEY IS THE BEST BY FAR

these 2 should have hit each other with their purses
    Had my eyes peeled both wide open, and I got a glimpse
    Of my innocence... got back my inner sense...
  • Really enjoyed episode one, waiting for the rest :D
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    Boudreau was pissed during the time-out in New York, holy shit

would be interesting if Boudreau gets fired soon, cause we'll see the inside shit on that

the first episode took us to last Sunday when the Rangers spanked Washington, should be interesting how current this week's episode will be, and there will be one episode probably dedicated entirely to the New Year's game
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • Should be fun tonight... seeing the feel of Washington's team that ended their losing streak, and seeing the Pens after they lost a couple of tough division games.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    ― Abraham Lincoln
    smarchee wrote:
    Boudreau was pissed during the time-out in New York, holy shit

would be interesting if Boudreau gets fired soon, cause we'll see the inside shit on that

the first episode took us to last Sunday when the Rangers spanked Washington, should be interesting how current this week's episode will be, and there will be one episode probably dedicated entirely to the New Year's game

tonight we will see the rangers spanking the pens right at the start of the episode :lol:
    The Fixer wrote:
    Boudreau looks and sounds like the High Talker from Seinfeld

Crosby looks like a rat. Looking forward to the next episode when the flyers beat the caps and pens

they needed more flyers highlights last night
  • How many times can that coach say Fuck? LOL
    How many times can that coach say Fuck? LOL

amazing
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,431
    can Sidney Crosby come out of the closest already? man he comes across as so gay. not that there is anything wrong with that.
  • pjhawks wrote:
    can Sidney Crosby come out of the closest already? man he comes across as so gay. not that there is anything wrong with that.

Crosby is cool. Now that ovechkin "rubdown" had me wondering.
    Love this series so far.
    pjhawks wrote:

did you see his fight earlier this year?? I just assumed that was his 'coming out' party