WABC weather gal in 'rape' lie: cops

PJGirl321PJGirl321 Posts: 377
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
I don't know what people are thinking when they pull crap like this...at least she didn't name an innocent person. Great career down the drain. :crazy:

WABC weather gal in 'rape' lie: cops
By JAMIE SCHRAM and LEONARD GREENE

Here's Heidi's forecast: Cloudy with a chance of deception.

WABC/Channel 7 weather babe Heidi Jones was arrested for perpetrating the ultimate snow job -- falsely claiming to cops that a man had tried to rape her while she was jogging in Central Park, sources said yesterday.

Jones, who anchors the station's weekend evening weather coverage and fills in on "Good Morning America," was charged Monday with filing a false report, a Class A misdemeanor. If convicted, she could face up to a year in jail or a $1,000 fine.

WABC will announce on its noon newscast today that it is suspending her indefinitely, a spokesman said. Sources indicated that the move is the first step toward firing her.

Jones spun a story that proved to be as unreliable as a five-day forecast, telling police last month that she was assaulted in September while pounding the pavement in the city's back yard, the sources said.

Jones, 37, told cops she was jogging in the park on the afternoon of Sept. 24 when a Hispanic man in his 30s or 40s grabbed her from behind, dragged her into a wooded area and attempted to rape her.

She told police that the would-be rapist was scared off by two passers-by who came to her aid.

But for cops, the story was all wet.

The first clue was that she waited until Nov. 24, two months later, to report the alleged attack, the sources said.

At the time, the sources said, she told police that three days earlier, on Nov. 21, the same man somehow found her again and harassed her, saying, "I know you went to the police."

After cops took her report, detectives conducted a lengthy investigation, canvassing the area for video and witnesses.

Coming up empty-handed, they went to talk to Jones again -- and noticed inconsistencies in her story, the sources said.

After being confronted with the discrepancies, Jones admitted that she had pulled the story out of thin air, the sources said.

Jones said she concocted the tale in a plea for sympathy to counter some unknown setback that she was experiencing in her personal life, the sources said.

But whatever that ordeal was, Jones has apparently hidden it well. Most of her public posts, on both Facebook and Twitter, have been bright and sunny for weeks.

In one upbeat tweet posted Nov. 21 -- the day she said she was harassed by her make-believe attacker -- she wrote: "Here is ur turkey day forecast! Gobble gobble!!"

She even remained upbeat as the cops closed in on her.

"You guys ready for the arctic chill?" she posted on her Facebook page Monday, the day she was arrested.

"Ready or not . . . it's going to be bitterly cold tomorrow and Wednesday, with highs sub freezing and a wind chill to make your toes shake! Be careful!"

Jones came to Channel 7 in 2005 from Houston.

<!-- e --><a href="mailto:jamie.schram@nypost.com">jamie.schram@nypost.com</a><!-- e -->

NEW YORK POST is a registered trademark of NYP Holdings, Inc.

nypost.com , nypostonline.com , and newyorkpost.com are trademarks of NYP Holdings, Inc.

Copyright 2010 NYP Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. Privacy | Terms of Use
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• marcosmarcos Posts: 2,112
    I like crazy news babes, reminds me of that Nicole Kidman movie in 90's "To Die For", she was so hot in that one, there's something attractive when they're nutty.
  • some people just seem to crave attention
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • It's hard for the gals in the news biz. Men are alway "Grab-assing" and carrying on.

1188573512886_AM03.jpg_121_87.jpg
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    It's hard for the gals in the news biz. Men are alway "Grab-assing" and carrying on.

1188573512886_AM03.jpg_121_87.jpg

Don't get me wrong, I love the ladies, they rev my engine, but it's anchorman, not anchorwoman. Besides their periods attract bears.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!
    >>>>
    >
    ...a lover and a fighter.
    "I'm at least half a bum" Rocky Balboa

http://www.videosift.com/video/Obamas-Message-To-American-Indians

Edmonton, AB. September 5th, 2005
    Vancouver, BC. April 3rd, 2008
    Calgary,AB. August 8th, 2009
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,799
    She's
    My local weather gal, I'm so proud
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,011
    marcos wrote:
    I like crazy news babes, reminds me of that Nicole Kidman movie in 90's "To Die For", she was so hot in that one, there's something attractive when they're nutty.
    Glenn Close / Fatal Attraction nutty?

Hide your rabbit.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • 8181 Posts: 58,276
    you can run with her if you would like

http://www.runwithheidi.com/

she's ok, but kelly bundy was a hotter weather girl
    81 is now off the air

Off_Air.jpg
  • Really, what was she thinking??? I hope this wasn't done to get a guy's attention or something like that. It's puzzling that someone who is in the media, has a job some people only dream about in the #1 market in the country and she does something this stupid.
  • dankinddankind Posts: 20,837
    When asked for a comment, Marvell Scott said, Hell, I would've raped her!
    I SAW PEARL JAM