Jets GM: Alosi suspended indefinitely

mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
edited December 2010 in All Encompassing Trip
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/New- ... ?gt1=39002

This may end up biting Rex on the ass!!

The New York Jets on Wednesday announced they were suspending strength and conditioning coach Sal Alosi "indefinitely'' because they learned that Alosi had instructed the non-uniformed players to form a human wall on the sideline in the Miami game.

Alosi was suspended for the remainder of this year because he stuck his knee out and tripped Dolphins rookie Nolan Carroll. Carroll stayed down on the field for several minutes after the play, but was not injured.

After further internal investigation, the Jets said they uncovered new information that Alosi had told the inactive players standing near him to form the wall.

The Jets, according to GM Mike Tannenbaum, alerted the league of this and extended Alosi's suspension indefinitely. Asked if Alosi might be fired, Tannenbaum said, "All options are on the table.''
fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    There are only about 100,000 eye witnesses and tens of millions more watching on t.v. with slow motion playbacks, surely I'll get away with this....
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • Apparantly this is a lot more common than you think... And the guy who he tripped (the tripping is what triggered this, not the wall) was out of bounds trying to sneak around to make tackles on a punt (which is also illegal) so just because he moved his knee and got caught, this came out.
    GoiMTvP.gif
  • rb115565rb115565 Posts: 222
    What an idiot, That was a dumb thing to do
    5/30/03 9/2/05 9/4/05 9/5/05 7/22/06 7/23/06 9/21/09 9/22/09 9/21/11 9/22/11
  • mysticweedmysticweed Posts: 3,710
    Apparantly this is a lot more common than you think... And the guy who he tripped (the tripping is what triggered this, not the wall) was out of bounds trying to sneak around to make tackles on a punt (which is also illegal) so just because he moved his knee and got caught, this came out.

i wondered about that
    if someone is out of bounds tho, are they not off limits??

also the buzz is that Alosi was only doing as he was told and is turning into the perfect scape goat
    fuck 'em if they can't take a joke

"what a long, strange trip it's been"
  • dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    I can't believe the guy actually thought that this wouldn't go unnoticed and unpunished.

What a douche. I think his lack of integrity and sportsmanship should cost him his job.
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    eyedclaar wrote:
    There are only about 100,000 eye witnesses and tens of millions more watching on t.v. with slow motion playbacks, surely I'll get away with this....

wait...these games are televised?? :?
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,358
    I can't believe this is becoming a bigger deal than when the Pats illegally taped the other teams. And that came from the head coach.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,183
    I can't believe this is becoming a bigger deal than when the Pats illegally taped the other teams. And that came from the head coach.

Would it have been equated if this incident happened and that player had blown out his knee? This player already had an injured knee, the incident could have been career ending especially since he didn't see this coach sticking out his knee.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• Apparantly this is a lot more common than you think... And the guy who he tripped (the tripping is what triggered this, not the wall) was out of bounds trying to sneak around to make tackles on a punt (which is also illegal) so just because he moved his knee and got caught, this came out.

The guy was ran out of bounds by the defenders which is common practice... you can run down the sidelines out of bounds, but you can't be the first guy to touch the ball.

I don't see how forming a wall is a problem... they were in the coaches box, they can stand their ground. Obviously tripping our interfering with a player is an idiotic and illegal to do, but I don't see how "forming a wall" is a problem.
    My whole life
    was like a picture
    of a sunny day
    “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorn bushes have roses.”
    ― Abraham Lincoln
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    dcfaithful wrote:
    I can't believe the guy actually thought that this wouldn't go unnoticed and unpunished.

What a douche. I think his lack of integrity and sportsmanship should cost him his job.
    +1 well said
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • It's Rex Ryan he has the same meat head mentality as his Dad

Not surprised at all
    My drinking team has a hockey problem

The ONLY thing better than a glass of beer is tea with Miss McGill

A protuberance of flesh above the waistband of a tight pair of trousers
  • chadwickchadwick Posts: 21,157
    funny shit = this dude getting fired
    a hefty fine would even make it more hilarious
    fired and a $200,000.00 fine
    i would :lol:

next should be hockey players who fight all the time.
    for poetry through the ceiling. ISBN: 1 4241 8840 7

"Hear me, my chiefs!
    I am tired; my heart is
    sick and sad. From where
    the sun stands I will fight
    no more forever."

Chief Joseph - Nez Perce
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,425
    The guy was ran out of bounds by the defenders which is common practice... you can run down the sidelines out of bounds, but you can't be the first guy to touch the ball.

I don't see how forming a wall is a problem... they were in the coaches box, they can stand their ground. Obviously tripping our interfering with a player is an idiotic and illegal to do, but I don't see how "forming a wall" is a problem.

Players have to be behind the thinner white line. They're all right up on the wider one, which is fairly common practice. I'm sure we'll see a crackdown on this.

I kinda agree on the point about the Pats' cheating. Somethin tells me if the fellas at ESPN were Jets fans instead of Boston whores this would be nothing and the Pats would have at least 1 less ring.
  • The FixerThe Fixer Posts: 12,837
    Now they need to suspend Mark Sanchez for excessive sucking
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Posts: 48,613
    Apparantly this is a lot more common than you think... And the guy who he tripped (the tripping is what triggered this, not the wall) was out of bounds trying to sneak around to make tackles on a punt (which is also illegal) so just because he moved his knee and got caught, this came out.

he was well beyond the coaches box.
    www.myspace.com