Xbox 360 Owners:

Electric_DeltaElectric_Delta Posts: 977
edited January 2012 in All Encompassing Trip
Hey guys,

I'm going to take the plunge and buy an Xbox 360 three years after it's release. That having been said, anybody got any suggestions as far as games? I'm looking at Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare, Ghostbusters, and Madden 2011.

Please advise, my fellow gamer Jamheads.
Bristow, VA (5/13/10)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    Hey guys,

I'm going to take the plunge and buy an Xbox 360 three years after it's release. That having been said, anybody got any suggestions as far as games? I'm looking at Red Dead Redemption and Undead Nightmare, Ghostbusters, and Madden 2011.

It's actually been five years :ugeek: :lol:

My top games are:

Mass Effect 1 & 2
    Fallout series and Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
    Halo and COD series (Reach is great)
    Bioshock
    NHL 11
    Super Street Fighter 4
    Red Dead and GTA series

In regards to Madden, I got burned out on that series and moved to the NCAA version which was great this year. That said, I will not be buying anymore football games for a few years because EA is more focused on figuring out how to charge extra then actually improve the game.

Also, don't overlook the arcade games as well. I spend more time playing them since I usually only have time to play in small spurts:

Pac Man Champoinship Edition
    Pinball FX2
    Geometry Wars 2
    Shadow Complex
    Trials HD
    Splosion Man
    Uno
  • PRSNT10SPRSNT10S Posts: 206
    Top Games imo...

Bioshock 1, 2
    Red Dead Redemption
    Call of Duty: Black Ops
    Rock Band Series (Pearl Jam DL Content available)
    Gears of War 1, 2

Enjoy!
    Your words help me heal
    Redigested past regrets
    I see things clearer
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    Call of duty games
    fifa
    limbo (on xbox live)
    star ocean was good if you like RPG games (but very hard)

haven't got red dead redemption, but want to (as well as mass effect 1 & 2)
  • nippleholicnippleholic Posts: 1,084
    like others have said,

Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare
    Grand Theft Auto 4
    Assassin's Creed 2/ Brotherhood
    NHL 11 (10 is good too)
    Mass Effect 1+2
    2003: Buffalo, Toronto
    2004: Boston (x2), Toledo, Grand Rapids
    2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto
    2006: Toronto (x2), Grand Rapids, Cleveland, Detroit
    2008: New York City (x2), Hartford, Boston II
    2010: Buffalo, Newark, New York City (x2), Nijmegen, Berlin, Werchter
    2011: Alpine Valley I, Alpine Valley II, Montreal, Toronto (x2), Ottawa, Hamilton
    2012: Amsterdam (x2), Berlin (x2)
    2013: London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo, Brooklyn (x2)
    2014: Detroit
    2016: Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto (x2), Chicago (x2)
    2018: Amsterdam (x2), Padua, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona
    2022: San Diego, Los Angeles (x2), Oakland (x2), Fresno, Sacramento, Las Vegas, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto
    2023: Fort Worth (x2), Austin (x2)
    2024: Vancouver (x2), Portland, Sacramento, Las Vegas (x2), Los Angeles (x2), Dublin, Manchester, London, Berlin (x2), Barcelona (x2)

• dcfaithfuldcfaithful Posts: 13,076
    Red Dead Redemption/Undead Nightmare
    Grand Theft Auto 4

Definitely a must own here.

Someone earlier pointed out Halo:Reach which I'd like to reiterate. Great game. Halo is a very worthy game to own whether you're playing solo or having friends over. It's an Xbox exclusive too, so get on that shit!

Have fun.

If you Call of Duty, you may want one of these:

from a different thread, obviously.
    4and20 wrote:
    Scroll down and check out the 'frequently bought together' section....

http://www.amazon.com/Adult-Reusable-Co ... 769&sr=8-1
    7/2/06 - Denver, CO
    6/12/08 - Tampa, FL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    9/28/09 - Salt Lake City, UT (11 years too long!!!)
    9/03/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 1
    9/04/11 - East Troy, WI - PJ20 - Night 2
  • Mcam55Mcam55 Posts: 1,407
    gotta get NHL 11
  • Hey guys,

Yeah you defo need to get Red Dead Redemption, such a great game! :thumbup:
    Let them wash away
    All those yesterdays
    All those yesterdays
    All those paper plates
  • weekapaug19weekapaug19 Posts: 2,292
    anybody want to set up a game trade? I have star ocean, golden axe, pure/lego batman combo, and assassin's creed 1 I'd like to trade for something
  • This probably won't last long, but if you're able to make a purchase today, you can get both RDR and the Undead Nightmare pack for less than $48 shipped from Amazon. This my friend, is a steal.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.html/r ... i=14210751

In my opinion, the best sports games are NHL 11 and NBA 2K11 unless you really love football and even then I would go with NCAA over Madden.
  • voidofmanvoidofman Posts: 4,009
    Can't go wrong with Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion. It's very open ended like GTA and RDR.
  • LukinFanLukinFan Posts: 29,040
    Played Rock Band 3 for the first time last night (got it for my bday mainly for the The Doors DLC) and loved it!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,797
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Fallout 3 is the shit
    Dead Rising is fun
    If you're into racing games Gran Turismo 4 is awesome
    NCAA Football has surpassed Madden IMO
    My butt itches!
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,138
    DURP wrote:
    Especially since you can download NCAA rosters with the actual player's names AND you get to run the option :thumbup:

I didn't get the last Madden because I was pretty upset that in Madden 10, EA put advertisements on the screen just before the snap ... I couldn't ignore them and they completely ruined the game for me to the point I stopped playing it. I can live with a Snickers ad or two during the half, but during the actual play????
  • DURPDURP Posts: 2,180
    Jason P wrote:
    DURP wrote:
    Especially since you can download NCAA rosters with the actual player's names AND you get to run the option :thumbup:

I didn't get the last Madden because I was pretty upset that in Madden 10, EA put advertisements on the screen just before the snap ... I couldn't ignore them and they completely ruined the game for me to the point I stopped playing it. I can live with a Snickers ad or two during the half, but during the actual play????

I just feel i get more out NCAA. I did not download the rosters names but it is a cool feature i just did a random name and named the star players on my team. Madden just seems like you pay for the updated roster nothing has really made me say wow madden is the shit for awhile. Last one i bought was 07 and the last one i played was 09.
    My butt itches!
  • SatansFutonSatansFuton Posts: 5,399
    The Beatles RockBand is my favorite game, you need one of the guitar controllers though. They have a couple of cool Beatles guitars, I got the John Lennon Rickenbacker one.

Some other good ones are:

Star Wars: Force Unleashed (the sequel is pretty good too)
    Left 4 Dead (or the sequel)
    Halo: Reach
    Dead Space (I haven't played the sequel yet)

Ghostbusters was really fun, but the multi-player never really took off, and I'm sure it's probably non-existent now. If I were you I would rent it first, unless you have found it somewhere for really cheap. By the time I played through the story mode 2-3 times I was tired of it. It is really fun though.

I couldn't get into that Red Dead Redemption though, long games like that I can't do anymore, video games don't hold my attention for the same length of time as they did when I was younger.
    "See a broad to get dat booty yak 'em, leg 'er down, a smack 'em yak 'em!"
    DURP wrote:
    Jason P wrote:
    DURP wrote:

I just feel i get more out NCAA. I did not download the rosters names but it is a cool feature i just did a random name and named the star players on my team. Madden just seems like you pay for the updated roster nothing has really made me say wow madden is the shit for awhile. Last one i bought was 07 and the last one i played was 09.

NCAA Football 12
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004P8 ... B004P8GL60
    I miss igotid88
    I miss igotid88
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,672
    good god, that NCAA 12 game looks sick.
  • EZ1221CEZ1221C Posts: 2,645
    Let me see:
    Call of Duty 4 and Modern Warfare 2
    Gears of War 1 and 2
    Mass Effect 1 and 2
    Assassin's Creed 1, 2, and Brotherhood
    Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas
    Elder Scrolls 4: Oblivion
    Crackdown
    Metro 2033
    Halo
    BIOSHOCK- the greatest game of all time
    Battlefield: Bad Company 2
    Portal 2
    Orange Box
    Batman: Arkham Asylum
    NHL 11
    Dragon Age:Origins

Missing anything?
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    ^^^
    thats a pretty decent list. "linear games' lose points with me though so I wouldnt consider Bioshock the 'best ever'.
    Youre also missing Red Dead Redemption

for me, my top in order:
    Fallout 3
    Red Dead Redemption
    NHL 11
    NCAA Football
    Fallout: New Vegas
    2010 Fifa World Cup South Africa
    LA Noire
    MLB 2K11
    Bioshock
    Mass Effect
    Geometry Wars
    MayDay10 wrote:
    ^^^
    thats a pretty decent list. "linear games' lose points with me though so I wouldnt consider Bioshock the 'best ever'.
    Youre also missing Red Dead Redemption
    I really disliked Red Dead. I'm not sure what it is about it. I appreciate what it did and is doing for Western games, but I did not find it as entertaining as GTA or some of the other sandbox games out there like Infamous. And Bioshock may not be the best, but is certainly influential. One of the main reasons that their is a debate over whether video games are art or not is because of what Bioshock did through its blend of storytelling and setting, but I appreciate your opinion as well. I am curious as to what you consider the greatest video game of all time.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
    Fallout 3 is my favorite ever I think. (If you dont include Civilization IV for the PC).

GTA San Andreas #2

then Red Dead.

I liked red dead. I enjoyed the world in the game, the story line was awesome, and Im not a multi-player guy, but the multi player layout on red dead is awesome.

I was very disappointed in GTA IV. I feel it went too far away from what made GTA games so great. other than graphics, it was a step down from San Andreas in many aspects.

Bioshock is/was an awesome game. I just didnt get a lot of urge to replay it. Story, setting, and scenery were great though
    MayDay10 wrote:
    Fallout 3 is my favorite ever I think. (If you dont include Civilization IV for the PC).

GTA San Andreas #2

then Red Dead.

I liked red dead. I enjoyed the world in the game, the story line was awesome, and Im not a multi-player guy, but the multi player layout on red dead is awesome.

I was very disappointed in GTA IV. I feel it went too far away from what made GTA games so great. other than graphics, it was a step down from San Andreas in many aspects.

Bioshock is/was an awesome game. I just didnt get a lot of urge to replay it. Story, setting, and scenery were great though
    Good top two. Fallout is my second favorite game. and don't get me started on Civ.
    PLAY THE SOUTH
  • anyone looking to play gears of war 3 my gamertag is lftdaporch. i play all modes of the game and am a teamplayer
  • arkham city is pretty badass
    (arkham asylum is too)

my other favorite is red dead redemption
    it's largely due to eddie that i liked to jump off of things as a child...